Windows 10: BSOD running performance benchmark in Samsung Magician Software

Discus and support BSOD running performance benchmark in Samsung Magician Software in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure why this happened, but got a BSOD when running the benchmark I've run several times before as I've tweaked my new build. Any insight that can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jortega, Jul 10, 2017.

1. jortega Win User

BSOD running performance benchmark in Samsung Magician Software

Not sure why this happened, but got a BSOD when running the benchmark I've run several times before as I've tweaked my new build. Any insight that can be provided would be appreciated.

:)

jortega, Jul 10, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT 'probably caused by SamsungRapidDiskFltr.sys'

Hi Ban, are you running a Samsung SSD & Samsung Magician 4.4, with RAPID mode turned on.

If so Updating the Samsung Magician software should get rid of the BSOD's according to the Samsung forum . . .

DaveM121, Jul 10, 2017
  3. SATA drive can't Optimize since Windows 10 upgrade (from 7) - Non-AHCI NVIDIA Controller

Me too, having a slower than expected Samsung SSD.

I have upgraded hard and software on my HP Pavilion A6531.nl (2008 bios)

It's a non AHCI mobo/bios with NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA

I cloned a KINGSTON 128 GB SSD to a SAMSUNG 256 GB SSD with partition magic (MINITOOL).

After cloning i installed the samsung software en i got the same warning:

"Samsung Magician can't communicate properly with your SSD..."

I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Still getting :

"Samsung Magician can't communicate properly with your SSD..."

I removed Samsung Magician from the systray and try to live with the performance about 1/3 of the 88.000 IOPS.

Tested speeds in Magician Performance Benchmark

Random Read: 10,587

Random Write: 22,320

In 2017 i wil be buying another PC/Laptop.

Greetings Onno

Onno Online, Jul 10, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Code: File System Filter 'iaStorAfs' (Version 10.0, ?2017?-?03?-?17T10:32:40.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume7'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.[/quote] Code: iaStorA Intel Chipset SATA RAI Intel Chipset SATA RAI Kernel Boot Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 786,432 0 6/6/2017 12:27:18 PM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iaStorA.sys 4,096 iaStorAfs iaStorAfs iaStorAfs File System Manual Stopped OK FALSE FALSE 4,096 36,864 0 6/6/2017 12:27:37 PM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iaStorAfs.sys 4,096 iaStorAV Intel(R) SATA RAID Con Intel(R) SATA RAID Con Kernel Manual Stopped OK FALSE FALSE 4,096 593,920 0 2/19/2015 7:08:39 AM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iaStorAV.sys 4,096 iaStorV Intel RAID Controller Intel RAID Controller Kernel Manual Stopped OK FALSE FALSE 0 364,544 0 4/11/2011 2:48:16 PM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iaStorV.sys 8,192[/quote]
    Code: +++ WER6 +++:Fault bucket 0x119_a_DRIVER_REPORTED_INVALID_ABORTED_FENCE_nvlddmkm!LDDM_ResetEngine, type 0Event Name: BlueScreenResponse: Not availableCab Id: 848dec47-2e53-4576-b0f0-2be87b9016ceProblem signatureBSOD running performance benchmark in Samsung Magician Software :p1: 119P2: aP3: 10916eP4: 10916fP5: ffffc98fe74ec010P6: 10_0_15063P7: 0_0P8: 256_1P9: P10:[/quote] nvlddmkm.sys nVidia Video drivers Download Drivers | NVIDIA
    Get from OEM for laptops
    Code: Sahdad64.sys[/quote] Sonic solutions driver?

Code: BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, fffff800cf077348, 0}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Sahdad64.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Sahdad64.sys Probably caused by : EhStorClass.sys ( EhStorClass!FilterDeviceEvtWdmIoctlIrpPreprocess+65 )[/quote]

Code: ffffd981`0f634fe0 fffff806`ab7af3a8Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys snapman+0x4f3a8[/quote]
    Code: snapman Acronis Snapshots Mana Acronis Snapshots Mana Kernel Boot Running OK TRUE FALSE 0 290,816 0 2/9/2017 2:33:30 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys 8,192[/quote] snapman.sys Acronis True Image Snapshot Manager driver also included in Seagate DiscWizard Support: Service client et support
    Download: Service client et support

Code: Sahdad64 HDD Filter Driver HDD Filter Driver Kernel Boot Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 12,288 0 6/1/2012 8:57:08 PM C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\Sahdad64.sys 4,096[/quote]
    Sahdad64.sys Unknown driver - suspect it's part of Saitek device (Saitek HDD Filter Driver) Drivers and Sofware for Saitek Pro Flight Sim Products | Saitek.com

Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.

Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

So please make sure your files are backed up.

Please make a backup image with Macrium:

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

And please create a restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) Uninstall all Nvidia drivers/software using Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.7: Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download
    Reinstall the nvidia drivers from the Asus web site after entering the computers serial or product number and operating system.
    In case there is not a suitable driver on the computer manufacturer's web site install new drivers from the Nvidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver. NVIDIA

6) unistall: Acronis True Image Snapshot Manager driver also included in Seagate DiscWizard to uninstall snapman.sys

7) uninstall: HDD Filter Driver or Sonic solutions to uninstall Sahdad64.sys

8) On the Asus web site using the computers serial or product number find Intel drivers. Update any Intel chipset or rapid storage technology drivers.

zbook, Jul 10, 2017
  5. what did u "tweaked"? If u made extended hardware change I suggest a clean install of windows 10.

Please revert any overclocking.

I see many different errors regarding DISKs, GPU and file system. Theres also software like corsair and Asus GPU tweak which is known for causing bluescreens.

Its recommended to remove NORTON and use windows defender instead for testing puposes.

But biggest problem seems to be Acronis Software.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD running performance benchmark in Samsung Magician Software - Similar Threads - BSOD running performance

2. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  3. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  4. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: So I have 3 machines (Win10 64-bit) and with Magician 5.3.0 installed. One machine has de OP space not located at the end. I can not seem to change this. See screenshots below. Is this a problem or doesn't it matter? Thanks. [img] [img] [img] 125949
  5. Samsung Magician Software Updated

Samsung Magician Software Updated: 5.2.1 is now available. SSD Tools Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website 111459
  6. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: I just tested Defrag for SSD on 2 devices. Either the possible other processes we talked about are so fast that I could not see what else was going on or it only did a single TRIM command. Exactly as it should be. *Smile *Ditto and garbage collection controlled by the...
  7. Samsung Magician 4.7 Released

Samsung Magician 4.7 Released: Samsung has updated their SSD tweaking software. Samsung SSD software page Download User Manual New in Version 4.7 Magician version 4.7 features a number of improvements over version 4.6: New model support: 850 PRO 2TB, 850 EVO 2TB Advanced Performance...
  8. Samsung Magician 4.95

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician 4.95: Samsung has released a new version of Magician. All features work in Windows 10. TRIM is turned off so that Windows can perform that task. 37873
  9. Samsung Magician 4.8

Samsung Magician 4.8: Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again. I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the...
  10. Samsung Magician

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician: Samsung Magician Version 5.2 [img] http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201707/20170726234338606/Samsung_New_Magician_Installation_guide.pdf ***Important information, please read the pdf*** *Smile Ya'lls truly Cliff [/quote] One thing I hope is, Samsung gets...