Windows 10: bsod screen whenever I power on my pc.

Discus and support bsod screen whenever I power on my pc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting the screen your device ran into some problems and needs to restart. stop code microcode revision mismatch. I only can access the bios at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J37RIN, Jun 9, 2020.

1. J37RIN Win User

bsod screen whenever I power on my pc.

I keep getting the screen your device ran into some problems and needs to restart. stop code microcode revision mismatch. I only can access the bios at the moment. I've been trying to get it into safe mode but I keep getting looped backed the blue screen everytime.

:)

J37RIN, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 9, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. bsod screen whenever I power on my pc. - Similar Threads - bsod screen whenever

2. Bsod whenever i turn on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod whenever i turn on my pc: Hi, i recently built my own computer and when it booted, it showed the login screen for like 1 second and then immediately wend into a bsod system_thread_exeption_not_handled i did use an ssd from my old pc and i cant get a second one until january 9th. Here are the specs....
  3. Bsod whenever i turn on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod whenever i turn on my pc: Hi, i recently built my own computer and when it booted, it showed the login screen for like 1 second and then immediately wend into a bsod system_thread_exeption_not_handled i did use an ssd from my old pc and i cant get a second one until january 9th. Here are the specs....
  4. Computer BSOD whenever plugged in to power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD whenever plugged in to power: I’ve followed so many posts with similar problems to mine, and none have fixed the problem. It started with my computer crashing one day, and whenever I would turn it on it would work for a minute and then crash again. I reset it and let it rest for a day. When i returned to...
  5. Computer BSOD whenever plugged in to power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD whenever plugged in to power: I’ve followed so many posts with similar problems to mine, and none have fixed the problem. It started with my computer crashing one day, and whenever I would turn it on it would work for a minute and then crash again. I reset it and let it rest for a day. When i returned to...
  6. Computer BSOD whenever plugged in to power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i keep getting blue screen of death BSOD whenever i open my pc and use it for a while. it...

i keep getting blue screen of death BSOD whenever i open my pc and use it for a while. it...: i have been repeatedly getting bsod for the last month. it used to be 1 time a day but now its 5-6 times a day. its unbearable as i have to reopen all the apps i had open. it always freezes the audio it was playing and then resets....
  8. Reocurring BSOD whenever running my PC for awhile

Reocurring BSOD whenever running my PC for awhile: Hi All,Running Windows 10 when I get BSOD after having my PC on for some time I shut down at least every night and still happens. Usually in the middle of playing a videogame or watching a stream from a TV show, doesn't seem to matter if it was actually on or was sleeping for...
  9. BSOD appears whenever I shutdown my PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD appears whenever I shutdown my PC: I have a big problem. One of the PC's at my office give BSOD when I try to shutdown it. The same goes with all other power options including Sleep and Restart. Logging out seems to work somehow. Please help me with this problem. Specifications. ---------------- Intel...
  10. bsod screen whenever power on my pc.

bsod screen whenever power on my pc.: I keep getting the screen your device ran into some problems and needs to restart. stop code microcode revision mismatch. I only can access the bios at the moment. I've been trying to get it into safe mode but I keep getting looped backed the blue screen everytime....