Windows 10: BSOD "security checksum error" : severe after affectsd

Discus and support BSOD "security checksum error" : severe after affectsd in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dell Optiplex 745 3ghz, 4G ram, 250G hd, 30G free. Windows 10 64 Home ed. Build 17763.1. BSOD immediately after boot up. Could not reboot; bios would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ben Powell, Oct 4, 2018.

1. BSOD "security checksum error" : severe after affectsd

Dell Optiplex 745 3ghz, 4G ram, 250G hd, 30G free. Windows 10 64 Home ed. Build 17763.1.
    BSOD immediately after boot up. Could not reboot; bios would not load.
    Replaced bios battery, reseated memory modules.
    First after effect: Firefox & Nightly would only run in Safe Mode. DISM found nothing, completed successfully. SFC found and fixed damaged files. Browser problem fixed.

After effects:
    Searches do not receive keyboard characters except in file explorer and control panel.
    Windows Update & Security will not run!
    Restore Points wiped out.
    Can not restore from ISO on external hd.
    Clean reinstall from usb stick fails.
    No audio. profound Sound C# won't run.
    Authentication reversed and can not be fixed.
    DVDRW not recognized, system thinks it is a floppy.

Tried and failed:
    Remove and uninstall problematic usb hub.
    Windows Update Troubleshooter.
    Tweaking.com Windows Repair.
    DISM SFC.
    Recovery Stick does not offer any repair options.

:)

Ben Powell, Oct 4, 2018
  2. paulmars Win User

checksum error

4 year old foxconn diy box.
    flashed bios successfully 3.5 years ago and everything was fine.

I have wiped HDD and reinstalled xp pro sp3 several times over the years. I decided that it was time again. Unplugged everything and air compressor blew out the box. plugged everything back in. On boot:
    cmos checksum error
    f1 run setup
    f2 load defaults and continue

Ive never seen this before.

f2 usually lets it boot into xp

f1 I make changes, but on reboot it gives me the same error. On entering f1 again I see that no changes that I make stick.

moved jumper to reset. Put jumper back and still have this issue. Battery was 3.08 volts. Still I tried a new battery. Still have the issue.

old install of xp getting slower and more buggy, so decided to reinstall despite this issue. Reinstalled xp pro sp3 and my other programs early last month. Its much faster now and not buggy anymore, however I still have the checksum error, not that I expected this to fix it.

ideas to fix checksum error??

tks,
    pa

paulmars, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Oct 4, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD "security checksum error" : severe after affectsd

Several Kernel Errors within a day?

Lets get back to this troubleshooting step *Arrow Several Kernel Errors within a day? - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    The result was a working system in safe mode, though the GPU isn't used in safe mode.
    Please perform a clean boot again, watch the temperatures at all times (if you didn't yet) and from there we'll see what needs to be done. Please do not enable anything in taskmanager & msconfig, I want you to boot without any startup items & services enabled.

What was the BSOD stop code? Based on the BSOD stop code I'll edit the suggestion in this post.

axe0, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

BSOD "security checksum error" : severe after affectsd

1. BSOD "security checksum error" : severe after affectsd - Similar Threads - BSOD security checksum

2. CMOS Checksum error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMOS Checksum error.: Recently I have started to face this problem, When i start my computer, it blacks out and restarts 2 times and then shows up CMOS checksum error and after which the computer boots successfully. can anyone help me fix this?...
  3. CMOS Checksum error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMOS Checksum error.: Recently I have started to face this problem, When i start my computer, it blacks out and restarts 2 times and then shows up CMOS checksum error and after which the computer boots successfully. can anyone help me fix this?...
  4. error 0xc0000221 "the headed checksum for this file doesn't match the computed checksum"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0xc0000221 "the headed checksum for this file doesn't match the computed checksum"...: Ive used installation media to do a startup repair, the startup repair ran the first time but did not fix the error, the 2nd time i tried it i get the error: "startup repair couldnt repair your pc log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"I ran diagnostics on...
  5. error 0xc0000221 "the headed checksum for this file doesn't match the computed checksum"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error 0xc0000221 "the headed checksum for this file doesn't match the computed checksum"...: Ive used installation media to do a startup repair, the startup repair ran the first time but did not fix the error, the 2nd time i tried it i get the error: "startup repair couldnt repair your pc log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"I ran diagnostics on...
  6. Several BSOD errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several BSOD errors: Happened randomly yesterday and I have no clue what happened, one gave me PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA- ntoskrnl.exe and anotherSYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - win32kfull.sysHelp?...
  7. Several BSOD errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several BSOD errors: Happened randomly yesterday and I have no clue what happened, one gave me PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA- ntoskrnl.exe and anotherSYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - win32kfull.sysHelp?...
  8. Several BSOD errors after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Several BSOD errors after a fresh install: Hello. I've been getting these error messages for 1,5 months after my fresh Windows 10 install. I'm really tired of it because it happens all the time and interrupts my classes. It usually crashes when I'm watching a video,browsing the internet,viewing some files or on its...
  9. Several BSOD errors after a fresh install

Several BSOD errors after a fresh install: My computer was working fine as is before i decided to do a fresh install of Win 10. Nothing was acting up. I can install the OS. But when i get into that "Hello" screen it crashes all the time . It crashes so fast that I can't even see the error. But after the first BSOD...
  10. Several different BSOD errors

Several different BSOD errors: Just built my first PC with Windows 10, and I have had several BSODs, either while gaming or even just in google chrome. I am not sure what these errors are for, but I'm hoping that it's not a hardware issue. 42412