Windows 10: BSOD seemingly on idle - Windows 10, new build - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -...

Discus and support BSOD seemingly on idle - Windows 10, new build - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am experiencing BSOD crashes that seem to occur only when the computer has been idling for some time. Here are the specs: OS: Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kayoto, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Kayoto Win User

BSOD seemingly on idle - Windows 10, new build - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -...

I am experiencing BSOD crashes that seem to occur only when the computer has been idling for some time.

Here are the specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI Rev 1.1

BIOS Version: F20a most recent

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4-3200

GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming

PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Hard drives:

M.2 NVMe PCIe Slot 1: Crucial P1 1TB CT1000P1SSD8 - OS is installed here

M.2 NVMe PCIe Slot 2: Crucial P1 1TB CT1000P1SSD8

SATA: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

All of the latest drivers are installed.

Memtest originally returned some errors with XMP enabled, so I bumped the RAM voltage up to 1.4v and memtest has had no errors in 2 consecutive overnight runs 8 passes total since then.

I've also disabled XMP for now and the errors are still persisting. I guess it could still be a RAM issue but I'm not really sure anymore.

I've attached the full system info and 3 .dmp files from separate crashes here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GqLl5psj7KDUPTWb18csBwSC9WsEwlqN?usp=sharing

All 3 are the same issue

Bug Check String: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code: 0x000000d1

Caused by Driver: WppRecorder.sys

Crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+3dda20

This is driving me crazy. Thankfully the crashes only seem to happen when the system is idle and have yet to happen while it's in use, but I still can't figure out what's causing it.

Power/Sleep settings are:

Turn off hard disk after: 20 minutes

Turn off display after: 10 minutes

Sleep after: 30 minutes

USB Selective suspend setting: Enabled

PCI Express Link State Power Management: Moderate power savings

I'm gonna change Sleep to Never and see if the crash still occurs. Will update later. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. If there's any info I forgot to include, please let me know.

:)

Kayoto, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Athamas Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Adam1810 Win User
    Windows 10 issue - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys)

Hi,

Just got a new laptop with Windows 10 installed and I keep getting the BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys)

It seems that it's an issue with the ELAN touchpad driver. I've updated using the driver disc and also downloaded from the manufacturers website but I'm still getting the BSOD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Adam1810, Jul 3, 2020
  4. BSOD seemingly on idle - Windows 10, new build - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -...

BSOD Error: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the internet connection with BSOD error. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process
    internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

As this seems to be an issues with the network drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website before uninstalling. Later, uninstall the existing drivers, install them and check if it helps.

Step 1: To uninstall drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below article by
    Andre Da Costa
    about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10
    , install the drivers and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

BSOD seemingly on idle - Windows 10, new build - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -...

1. BSOD seemingly on idle - Windows 10, new build - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -... - Similar Threads - BSOD seemingly idle

2. BSOD seemingly random, IDLE, in game etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD seemingly random, IDLE, in game etc.: Hello, so I've been having BSODs for a while now... Tried running stock BIOS settings, no difference, so now ran Verifier to see if it's a driver issue. I get a BSOD about 15 seconds after logging in with it running. 040521-5828-01.dmp and 040521-9140-01.dmp is with Verifier...
  3. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL New Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL New Build: Hey guys, I need some help with my new build that I picked up from Microcenter last week. Whenever I load up Rogue Company via the Epic Games Launcher, it will crash during a match or during a search for a match and pop up with BSOD "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" then...
  4. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal kbdclass.sys BSOD on new laptop

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal kbdclass.sys BSOD on new laptop: Hey there. So I got a new laptop for work around 1.5 months ago. I've since got 3-4 BSODs with message above. I'm pretty sure all of them happened when I was typing in PHPStorm. The keyboard uses Microsoft driver, all the required info in the attached zip. If there is more...
  5. BSOD ndis.sys / driver_irql_not_less_or_equal / windows 10

BSOD ndis.sys / driver_irql_not_less_or_equal / windows 10: I am getting a BSOD from ndis.sys with the message driver_irql_not_less_or_equal on windows 10 happens very often now, anyone has experience with this? I tried removing malware and update network drivers. Usually happens when I want to load pages on browsers...
  6. Seemingly random BSOD when using and idle

Seemingly random BSOD when using and idle: I have been experiencing seemingly random BSOD events when both using my PC and when it is idle for periods of time. Interestingly, I get very FEW occurrences when actually gaming on the machine though. Logs attached. Any assistance or ideas would be great. Things I have...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Windows 10 BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal: Hi, im not sure why, but my computer crashes after a while. just installed a new CPU (amd FX 8350) and recently upgraded to windows 10 the BSOD tells me ahcix64s.sys failed, any way to fix this?...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Windows 10 BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: What failed: nbcci.sys. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bsod-driverirqlnotlessorequal/d6892c47-4c33-4c6a-901b-07b9ecca987b
  9. Windows 10 BSOD on new build

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 BSOD on new build: Have been wrestling system stability issues on new build - random bsod. Successfully updated to Windows 10 update 1809. RMA'd Gigabye Z370N WiFi mobo and received back with F10 bios. RAM checks good with Memtest. Running i5-8600K 3.6GHz, default bios settings. Suspect driver...
  10. Seemingly random BSOD, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tcpip.sys

Seemingly random BSOD, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tcpip.sys: I keep getting this BSOD. Unsure what the root cause is. I've already attempted a system restore to the oldest point, but that did not resolve the issue. The issue only began recently (last few weeks?). Logs are attached. 115250

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2004 bsod when idle