Windows 10: BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors

Discus and support BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Over the past couple of days I have been having reasonably frequent BSODs. Some have not created a dump file. I cant pinpoint anything in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mickmok, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mickmok Win User

BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors

Hi,

Over the past couple of days I have been having reasonably frequent BSODs. Some have not created a dump file. I cant pinpoint anything in particular but it seems to be pointing to a driver issue but never identifies the driver from what I can tell. Hoping someone can see more.

The only behaviour which has accompanied this recently is Chrome tabs crashing, and the computer seemingly hanging for a few seconds at times, usually right before a BSOD.

Windows did install a driver for my ATI Radeon 200 series graphics yesterday but by this time there were already a few crashes. I have also downloaded and installed the latest drivers from ATI's website; and the computer BSOD'd when it restarted after this (should be the final BSOD in the zip).

I have attached the required zip to this post.

Thanks

:)

mickmok, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Neilcs Win User

Seemingly random BSODs

Running with verifier crashed immediately upon booting. Dump file is here: 100616 crash dump

Crash was caused by intcdaud.sys.

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100616-22468-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Neilcs, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Seemingly random BSODs

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 21, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Hello, mickmok. I have looked at your dump files and I am not seeing one particular thing that is the cause. This is what I have found.

Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except, it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory. Arguments: Arg1: fffff6fb40000000, memory referenced. Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation. Arg3: 0000000000000000, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address. Arg4: 0000000000000006, (reserved)[/quote] Code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a) # Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000041201, The subtype of the bugcheck. Arg2: fffff6bffd167790 Arg3: 6560000082285025 Arg4: ffffe00035836060 Debugging Details:[/quote] Code: ffffd001`9ce1b178 fffff800`58d3f720Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgidsdrivera.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgidsdrivera.sys avgidsdrivera+0x1f720[/quote] That is your AVG Anti Virus

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 100000EA, {ffffe000adf3c080, 0, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!TdrTimedOperationBugcheckOnTimeout+24 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] That is your graphics driver. But, it was from the first BSOD you had.

Please go to your last post and in the bottom left corner click 'My System Specs'. there is a link there to update your system specs, click it and fill them all out in as much detail as possible. Please list Manufacturer and Model, and list Desktop or Laptop. If it is an OEM, please list the Manufacturer and Model number. Please be sure to list your PSU and CPU cooler. If you would like to know what we would like, please click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine. The more detailed you can be about your hardware, the better we can help.

2 of the dump files referenced memory faults. That could also be the reason most of your dumps had different codes and listed different drivers. So we should check the memory first.

Please Run Memtest86+

BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors [​IMG]

BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors [​IMG]
    Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

essenbe, Aug 22, 2015
  5. mickmok Win User
    This hasnt happened since I last posted so marking solved. Not sure what this was.

mickmok, Aug 29, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    OK, so if you have any further issues, be sure to come back. Good luck and let us know.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors - Similar Threads - BSOD Seemingly Random

2. Repeated BSoDs with a variety of errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSoDs with a variety of errors: Not really sure where to start with this one, it seems like it could be related to one of the drives. CHKDSK didn't fix anything.Here is a link to the event log file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApQMTHGieK0mkH7sGE_IIvamSXWQ?e=8tzWB1...
  3. Repeated BSoDs with a variety of errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSoDs with a variety of errors: Not really sure where to start with this one, it seems like it could be related to one of the drives. CHKDSK didn't fix anything.Here is a link to the event log file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApQMTHGieK0mkH7sGE_IIvamSXWQ?e=8tzWB1...
  4. [BSOD] Random BSOD when using PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] Random BSOD when using PC: Hi,Recently after I cleaned my system unit, I've been experiencing BSOD. I have had BSOD 6x in 2 days and I have no idea how to fix my issue.Tried checking Google and followed the below steps.SFC ScannowCHKDSKUpdate drivers All drivers are updatedWindows UpdateMemory...
  5. [BSOD] Random BSOD when using PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] Random BSOD when using PC: Hi,Recently after I cleaned my system unit, I've been experiencing BSOD. I have had BSOD 6x in 2 days and I have no idea how to fix my issue.Tried checking Google and followed the below steps.SFC ScannowCHKDSKUpdate drivers All drivers are updatedWindows UpdateMemory...
  6. [BSOD] Random BSOD when using PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Seemingly random BSOD's with a variety of codes

Seemingly random BSOD's with a variety of codes: Hi. This is my first post on these forums, and I've endeavoured to make sure it meets the requirements, but please let me know if this isn't the case. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1903, and my system specs are in my profile. I've had BSOD issues since building my PC last...
  8. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  9. Seemingly random BSOD when using and idle

Seemingly random BSOD when using and idle: I have been experiencing seemingly random BSOD events when both using my PC and when it is idle for periods of time. Interestingly, I get very FEW occurrences when actually gaming on the machine though. Logs attached. Any assistance or ideas would be great. Things I have...
  10. Random BSOD when using computer normally

Random BSOD when using computer normally: I've been using my computer normally and over the past few days I've been getting BSODs that have become more an more frequent. The errors so far have been random but one of the recent ones was. Video_Memory_Management_Internal Any help is appreciated, ty. DM Log...