Windows 10: BSOD seemingly with specific games

Discus and support BSOD seemingly with specific games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Howdy, I've had some system stability and blue screen issues over the last year that have been driving me crazy. I've tried many things, and sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZiggyStardunk, Jan 7, 2021.

1. BSOD seemingly with specific games

Howdy, I've had some system stability and blue screen issues over the last year that have been driving me crazy. I've tried many things, and sometimes can go up to 20+ days without an issue. I seem to mostly have issues when playing Apex Legends and Hunt Showdown, both of which use EZ Anti Cheat (not clear if that's a factor), other games I don't think I've ever had a problem. I've tried uninstalling all RGB software, ran driver verifier and got that to pass without any BSOD, even went as far as to do a full reformat and install. I suspect it could be motherboard (ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (Wi-FI)) bios related, because Asus has been releasing so many updates lately. I've tested my ram and did a stress test on the whole system without issue. I have reinstalled the RGB and audio driver software for my mic after it became clear it was not the cause. Any help here will be much appreciated.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.685
    ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (Wi-FI) Stock settings, only memory set to correct 3600 speed
    Ryzen 3900x (no overclock)
    G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800
    Asus Rog 2080 (no overclock)

My Logs
    DESKTOP-5UM084B-(2021-01-07_18-34-34).zip - Google Drive

:)

ZiggyStardunk, Jan 7, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Opdigits Win User
    [BSOD] Recent Seemingly Random BSODs - Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Hello! I am my wits end which is why I've turned to this forum for help. In the last couple of months I have been getting seemingly random BSODs with varying error codes. "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", "IQRL_NOT_LESS_THAN", "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"
    amongst others.

It started happening consistently when playing games, COD:Modern Warefare was one to often cause a freeze, bsod or crash. Not always however. I has happened whilst working in Photoshop, Resolve or Houdini and whilst playing other
    games as well. Some days it would be fine. I have also had BSODs when trying to shutdown the PC, when booting, when doing very menial tasks such as web browsing or watching youtube videos. It seems to happen randomly and I can't pin it down.

I initially thought it was a memory issue, I ran "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and the report came back after rebooting that there WAS an issue with the memory. So I went and tested each stick individually again, no issues. I even
    ran memtest86 on each stick and all together with no errors. I tried a single stick in each slot - no errors.

Temperatures have been seemingly fine, never really reaching above 75-80 degrees C on my 2950x Threadripper CPU.

These are steps I have tried:

• Tested all RAM modules together, individually and one in each slot in Windows Memory Diagnostics and Memtest86. Only WindowsMemTest said there was an issue once - at the very beginning of my diagnosing.
    • Reseating the memory, CPU and heatsink. I reapplied thermal paste.
    • Reinstalled windows twice now, once on the same NVMe M.2 drive I had before and once on a new one I purchased recently. Windows is currently on this new drive - still getting the same issues.
    • Moving the GPU to a different slot.
    • Uninstalled most additional softwares or drivers.

I cannot get whatever is causing the BSOD to happen consistently. When I do get a BSOD the stop code errors are rarely ever the same. WhoCrashed points towards different things. Sometimes hardware.sys, fltmgr.sys, ntkrnlmp.exe or
    ntoskrnl.exe. There was a time I thought re-seating the RAM had fixed the issue but it came right back shortly after. I really am lost.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction.

I have uploaded my recent 4 BSOD minidumps, my system information and my driver report from DriverView to my onedrive zipped in a file that can be found here:

Link to Onedrive for Minidumps/SystemInformation/Drivers

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Opdigits, Jan 7, 2021
  4. BSOD seemingly with specific games

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

BSOD seemingly with specific games

1. BSOD seemingly with specific games - Similar Threads - BSOD seemingly specific

2. BSOD on launching a specific gaming app gameflt.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on launching a specific gaming app gameflt.sys: Hi there.This error occurs each time i try to launch fallout76, installed via the Windows Store. I already reinstalled windows10 cause I was in a BOSD loop. Every drivers seems up to date.and even after the reinstall still got BSOD.I hope a nice fellow can help me...
  3. Getting BSODs When Playing a Specific Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSODs When Playing a Specific Game: Starting last week I began to get BSODs seemingly out of nowhere when playing a game called The Crew 2. I began to experience blue screens almost every time I played that game. This issue has never happened before and I haven't updated Windows or any drivers prior to this. I...
  4. Getting BSODs When Playing a Specific Game

Getting BSODs When Playing a Specific Game: Starting last week I began to get BSODs seemingly out of nowhere when playing a game called The Crew 2. I began to experience blue screens almost every time I played that game. This issue has never happened before and I haven't updated Windows or any drivers prior to this. I...
  5. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types: Hello,I'm facing a problem with my laptop.. it's Razer blade 15 advanced 2019, RTX 2060 and core i7 8750H gaming laptop..Windows 10.The issue:Suddenly, I started getting different types of BSOD while playing a specific game called "Apex Legends"Current state: My laptop is...
  6. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types: Hello,I'm facing a problem with my laptop.. it's Razer blade 15 advanced 2019, RTX 2060 and core i7 8750H gaming laptop..Windows 10.The issue:Suddenly, I started getting different types of BSOD while playing a specific game called "Apex Legends"Current state: My laptop is...
  7. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD after playing a specific game for a while

BSOD after playing a specific game for a while: Hello!since Christmas most of the Time i play GEnshin Impact my Notebook crashes after a while with a WHEA BSOD - i tried updating my Drivers, checking my drives, my ram, used a CPU and CPU Benchmark for 30mins+ and none of those showed errors or made my Notebook crash.I...
  9. Seemingly random BSODs while gaming

Seemingly random BSODs while gaming: Hi community, looking for some assistance in troubleshooting an issue I am having.While playing Destiny 2 I have been encountering random BSODs over the last few days. Some of the error messages I have been given include:-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA-irql_not_less_or_equalI...
  10. BSOD while playing a specific game

BSOD while playing a specific game: Greetings, For some reason, while only playing Overwatch I commonly get driver crashes or rarely get BSODs. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR This BSOD is related to GPU driver issues according to this post: What does the VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSoD Error...