Windows 10: BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys

Discus and support BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all I like to think that I am pretty decent when it comes to keeping my pc running smoothly and for the first time in about 8-9 years I need some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rinji07, Jul 31, 2018.

1. rinji07 Win User

BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys

Hey all I like to think that I am pretty decent when it comes to keeping my pc running smoothly and for the first time in about 8-9 years I need some help with my personal rig. While I was booting up my PC this morning I noticed that I got a BSOD and it said wdfilter.sys, Now I have done some general research with this but I am ending up with the equivalent of googling a health problem (cancer etc) but in PC terms Hardware fault / failure, whether it be RAM, GPU or otherwise.

I went and looked for the dump file and can't seem to locate the mini dump. I have however the full dump and its its roughly 914MB and I can't seem to open it.

I ran the windows memory diagnostics tool and it found no errors and I do not have the time to memtest each ram stick individually at this current time, I have reinstalled my GPU driver ( clean install ) and I have ran a SFC scan too. I made sure windows was fully up2date and that all of my third party software was as well. It appeared to have crashed when I went to launch MSI command center. I do notice that this programs freezes from time to time.

With doing all of this I have rebooted about 6-7x now and have not been able to replicate my BSOD. I have even mass launched as many programs as possible including command center and EVGAs X software. The last thing I want to do is reinstall but I will if I must. I come here in search of others who might possibly be able to give me other ideas/areas to check or bounce off of.

System Specs:
    CPU: 6700k
    GPU: EVGA 1080 TI FTW 3.
    BIOS: Latest from manufacture
    Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB, Config: 4x8 sticks @ X.M.P. 1 @ 2400MHZ
    MB: MSI Gaming M5, Z270.
    PSU: EVGA G2 supernova 850W
    Monitor: VG248QE
    Temps: CPU -idle 25-33c, Load 55-70c. | GPU - 31-33C Idle, 45-55c Load.
    CPU cooler Noctua NH D15
    SSD: Samsung Evo 500GB NVME

:)

rinji07, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 31, 2018
  3. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Jul 31, 2018
  4. BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys

wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Documents

interestingkid005140, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys

1. BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD shortly boot

2. BSOD Shortly After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Shortly After Login: I have been looking for an answer to this for a few hours now, and I could use some help. My PC crashes within a few seconds of logging in with the error message: DPC Watchdog Violation. I can run my PC in safe mode without crashing. I have not installed any new programs or...
  3. Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up: Can anyone help me figure out why windows defender will not run? Here is the situation: If I restart the PC defender will turn on fine, shortly after booting up it shuts itself off. If I click the 'restart' button under the defender icon in the taskbar it 'thinks' for a...
  4. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  5. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  6. Windows\system32\drivers\wdfilter. sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows\system32\drivers\wdfilter. sys: Plz can anyone help. I have complete startup failure and this keeps coming up. Any clues as to how I can sort it Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowssystem32driverswdfilter-sys/768ceaaf-6931-4c8a-a7de-26c2dd914561
  7. BSOD happening shortly after Start-up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happening shortly after Start-up.: I've been getting a BSOD occasionally. It appears to have something to do with "Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM", but I'm not sure. Can you please help? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The zip file I uploaded...
  8. BSOD approx 10 min after Boot up; Wdf010000.sys

BSOD approx 10 min after Boot up; Wdf010000.sys: I have a custom pc build. Full install of Windows 10 64 1 week ago. Only issue during install was with the Gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard- network adapters would not be recognized by windows. Tried updating and downloading drivers from both Gigabyte and Intel (Driver is Intel...
  9. BSOD shortly after startup of win10

BSOD shortly after startup of win10: When running normal mode my computer have run perfectly with the same system config for more then 1.5 years now. No HW has been changed. Lately I have started to get BSOD unexpected operation (win10 64bit). The problem does not occour when running safe mode with network...
  10. Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install

Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install: Installed Windows 10 on my custom built computer. Never had any issues with windows until I made the upgrade from 7 to 10. Since then been experiencing frequent BSOD shortly after start. From what I can tell the crash does not discriminate whether I am watching videos, doing...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system32 wdfilter.sys boot errors