Windows 10: BSOD Shortly After Login

Discus and support BSOD Shortly After Login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been looking for an answer to this for a few hours now, and I could use some help. My PC crashes within a few seconds of logging in with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yeahd00d89, Mar 31, 2021.

1. BSOD Shortly After Login

I have been looking for an answer to this for a few hours now, and I could use some help. My PC crashes within a few seconds of logging in with the error message: DPC Watchdog Violation. I can run my PC in safe mode without crashing. I have not installed any new programs or hardware recently. I tried "SFC /scannow" and "chkdsk C: /F /R" in command prompt. some corrupted files were found and fixed, but the BSOD is still a problem. I ran the minidump files through WhoCrashed and it gave the following information:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\033021-4750-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: amdppm.sys (amdppm+0xea52)
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8035F6FB320)
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\amdppm.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

I can tell that there is probably a problem with the amdppm.sys driver, but I don't know how to fix it. I tried a windows update in safe mode, but I get the error that "something went wrong" so I can't actually update. Can anyone help me figure this one out? I would really appreciate the help.

submitted by /u/yeahd00d89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yeahd00d89, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Mar 31, 2021
  4. BSOD Shortly After Login

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

BSOD Shortly After Login

1. BSOD Shortly After Login - Similar Threads - BSOD Shortly Login

2. BSOD frequently in short time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD frequently in short time: DESKTOP-0P4AVPU-(2021-07-01_23-52-57).zip - Google Drive windows ver:20H2(19042.1052) the pc restart so many times in short time 181956
  3. Windows Reboots Shortly After Login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Reboots Shortly After Login: This past week my PC has been rebooting after logging in and I am quite confused on what is causing it. It seems after the random reboot when I log in a 2nd time all is well. I have updated all the drivers, checked the XMP settings, bios is up to date, temps are monitored...
  4. BSOD since GPU shorted

BSOD since GPU shorted: Hello, a week ago, a mistake while cleaning made me spill water on my computer, which shorted my GPU. I swapped to another GPU Sapphire HD 7970 which i borrowed from someone, and since then i started having frequent 1-5 a day BSODdrivers where installed after using display...
  5. BSOD happening shortly after Start-up.

BSOD happening shortly after Start-up.: I've been getting a BSOD occasionally. It appears to have something to do with "Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM", but I'm not sure. Can you please help? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The zip file I uploaded...
  6. BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting

BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting: For some time now i've gotten several bsod after startup that seems to be related to either memory or drivers like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT...
  7. BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys

BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys: Hey all I like to think that I am pretty decent when it comes to keeping my pc running smoothly and for the first time in about 8-9 years I need some help with my personal rig. While I was booting up my PC this morning I noticed that I got a BSOD and it said wdfilter.sys, Now...
  8. BSOD shortly after startup of win10

BSOD shortly after startup of win10: When running normal mode my computer have run perfectly with the same system config for more then 1.5 years now. No HW has been changed. Lately I have started to get BSOD unexpected operation (win10 64bit). The problem does not occour when running safe mode with network...
  9. BSOD Shortly After Startup - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

BSOD Shortly After Startup - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION: A while ago I had this BSOD and after some shot-in-the-dark attempts to fix it like reinstalling some drivers, chkdsk, and that sort of thing, it worked again and I thought it was over. Recently it has came back with a vengeance. This happened after I updated and used...
  10. Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home)

Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home): I have an Asus G73jh laptop. I upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win10 x64. Shortly after logging into Win 10, I frequently get a BSOD with "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" or a hard freeze. It sometimes occurs right after I see my desktop background, and sometimes a minute later. This...