Windows 10: BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting

Discus and support BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some time now i've gotten several bsod after startup that seems to be related to either memory or drivers like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bamioum, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Bamioum Win User

BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting

For some time now i've gotten several bsod after startup that seems to be related to either memory or drivers like

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT

with system service exception and driver irql not less or equal being the most common ones. It seems to always happen after 5-10 minutes regardless of current activity (even on the log in screen). however when i restart the machine it works fine again and i can use it for as long as i like until i turn it off for a few hours (it must be off for a few hours for the bsod to reappear for some reason), then it's back to the bsod after startup.

i've run sfc and chkdsk several times and they report no problems, i've also tried memtest and taking out RAM one by one without luck. Even tried resetting the whole machine and using a fresh windows install but the issue is still there. Bios is up to date, windows is up to date and device manager and snappy driver installer says all other drivers are also up to date. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes isn't finding any virus or such either.

Here's a link to the most recent (and only) minidump and system information: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsxJBR2lTCENln9lG_ES9xJpj3aw

If that doesn't help here is a link to the much larger Memory.DMP : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsxJBR2lTCENlw-5H4sPC9Jsxnvy

:)

Bamioum, Sep 5, 2018

2. cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

Hi Dimas,

There are different factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that your computer wont boot up to the normal Windows 10 environment after using diagnostic startup. This could be caused by corrupted files or settings that need to be reconfigured.
    As a initial recommendation, kindly refer to the steps below to start the computer in normal mode.

• Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 5, 2018
  4. BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting

Restart Win 10 from Alternate Shell back to Normal startup

Hello,

• Are you able to boot your system?
    If yes, I suggest you to try the steps below and check.

• From Start, search for msconfig.
    • Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • Click OK and restart the system and check.
    If not able to boot your system, try the below and check.

• Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key
      down while you select Power
      BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting [​IMG]
      >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced option and then click on
      System Restore.
    • Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Write us back if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting

1. BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting - Similar Threads - BSOD shortly startup

2. System Crashes Shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Crashes Shortly after startup: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎06/‎07/‎2022 18:03StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 10eParameter 1: 17Parameter 2: ffff8283d1536000Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: ffffffffc00002b6OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  3. System Crashes Shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Crashes Shortly after startup: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎06/‎07/‎2022 18:03StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 10eParameter 1: 17Parameter 2: ffff8283d1536000Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: ffffffffc00002b6OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  4. BSOD Shortly After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Shortly After Login: I have been looking for an answer to this for a few hours now, and I could use some help. My PC crashes within a few seconds of logging in with the error message: DPC Watchdog Violation. I can run my PC in safe mode without crashing. I have not installed any new programs or...
  5. Webcam stops working shortly after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stops working shortly after restart: Hello, Just since a few days my build in laptop webcam works for like 5 seconds after a restart and the stops working. I get the error that the webcam got unplugged. Wenn I reopen the camera app it shows the error: No camera attached. What can I do? The webcam also...
  6. Blue Screen Error shortly after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error shortly after startup.: I was installing a program which required a restart then I restarted after that the blue screen always appears shortly after opening my account and the code is #Attempted_execute_of_noexecute memory and what failed is Imfilter.sys. When I opened another account on PC It...
  7. Screen gets darker shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen gets darker shortly after startup: When my computer starts up after being shut down or restarted, shortly after the login screen appears the screen will suddenly get darker. I have tried the following to fix it already without success: I have updated my video card drivers. I have updated the monitor drivers...
  8. BSOD shortly after startup of win10

BSOD shortly after startup of win10: When running normal mode my computer have run perfectly with the same system config for more then 1.5 years now. No HW has been changed. Lately I have started to get BSOD unexpected operation (win10 64bit). The problem does not occour when running safe mode with network...
  9. BSOD Shortly After Startup - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

BSOD Shortly After Startup - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION: A while ago I had this BSOD and after some shot-in-the-dark attempts to fix it like reinstalling some drivers, chkdsk, and that sort of thing, it worked again and I thought it was over. Recently it has came back with a vengeance. This happened after I updated and used...
  10. Desktop and Taskbar Dissapearing Shortly after Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and Taskbar Dissapearing Shortly after Startup: I recently did an upgrade install from my Win7 desktop to Windows 10, and I've been having this issue since. Right near the end of when the computer is finished starting up (a couple minutes after the desktop appears) the desktop and taskbar turn to black. I do not get an...