Windows 10: BSOD Shortly After Starup, Event Log indicates bad previous shutdown

Discus and support BSOD Shortly After Starup, Event Log indicates bad previous shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having a sporadic problem with BSODs on my computer in the last couple of months. In every case, it happens shortly after I've started the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ScottV89, Aug 13, 2019.

1. ScottV89 Win User

BSOD Shortly After Starup, Event Log indicates bad previous shutdown

I've been having a sporadic problem with BSODs on my computer in the last couple of months. In every case, it happens shortly after I've started the computer up that day - anywhere from one to fifteen minutes after startup. Also, in every case the System Event Log indicates the computer was improperly shutdown during the previous session. In all those cases, I chose Windows > Shutdown (usually at the end of the night) and let the computer power off on it's own. I didn't cut the power or force it off. The computer is also on a UPS, so it isn't suffering from a power failure either.

I suspect the problem is related to a bad PCI card providing 4 USB 3.0 ports and/or a bad hard drive. In the case of the PCI card, it just stops working from time to time. It will sometimes work again after a reboot. I don't trust it anymore and no longer have any devices attached to it.

The "bad" hard drive still works, but I stopped using it for storage after it made lots of loud noises on access.

Both of these pieces of hardware will be removed soon - USB card will be junked (no longer needed) and replacement hard drive (for storing videos and other data not requiring quick access) will be installed.

Only other symptom of note, probably related to one or both of the bad hardware items mentioned above is that on nearly every boot I get the system sound indicating USB found connected followed by the sound of it disconnecting a few seconds later.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd just like confirmation that the hardware I'm swapping (needs to be done anyway) will resolve this issue.

:)

ScottV89, Aug 13, 2019
  2. odddray Win User

random shutdown problem in event log

im expierenceing random shutdowns when playing games but the wierd part is is that the mouse stays on and the keybaord. and when i wiggle the mouse the computer boots up.

would this weird error be an error in the the event log.
    if so what would it be under????

odddray, Aug 13, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    Event ID's associated to BSOD 7001, 7000 & 1000

Hi stacchz,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD Shortly After Starup, Event Log indicates bad previous shutdown :)

Please note, only the red onces in the event logs are errors, any others are information event logs.

For the 7001 event, I would suggest to create a new thread at the General Support forum.
    In the BSOD Crashes and Debugging forum we focus on BSODs only, rarely do we also handle restart/shutdown/freeze crashes but usually only when they are mixed with BSODs.

For the 7000 event, the driver 'VBoxAswDrv.sys' is from Avast. I would suggest to download the Avast uninstall tool to get rid if left behinds *Arrow Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

For the BSOD event, the last one was on the 22th of previous month, unless you experience new BSODs anytime soon I do not see a reason to worry about it BSOD Shortly After Starup, Event Log indicates bad previous shutdown :)

4. Sam Vimes Win User

How can I log processes/sevices that are causing slow shutdown?

Hi Ed.....

I took a look at the event viewer as suggested and all it showed was that the event log was stopped and that I'd started a shutdown.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD Shortly After Starup, Event Log indicates bad previous shutdown - Similar Threads - BSOD Shortly Starup

2. Battery Indicator Blinking After Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Indicator Blinking After Shutdown: Hello! I have been facing an issue for a few days now, when I shutdown my laptop, the battery indicator light of my laptop blinks 5 times and shuts off again and again . please help me...
  3. Battery Indicator Blinking After Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Indicator Blinking After Shutdown: Hello! I have been facing an issue for a few days now, when I shutdown my laptop, the battery indicator light of my laptop blinks 5 times and shuts off again and again . please help me...
  4. Battery Indicator Blinking After Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Event ID 6008 logged after unexpected shutdown and reboot. I can see the logs in event...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 6008 logged after unexpected shutdown and reboot. I can see the logs in event...: I have a new computer build with z490 board and i3-10100 cpu. It started shutting down while playing a video game, but now notice it also shuts down randomly while doing other work on computer as well. I can see that the event ID 6008 is logged at each one of these times,...
  6. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs: Hi, I had a question regarding the logistics of Windows Event Log. I'm trying to build a service that depends on time, and am trying to use Windows Event Log's timestamps for specific events, mainly power-related events such as Restart/Shutdown/Dirty Shutdown and Time...
  7. BSOD Shortly After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Shortly After Login: I have been looking for an answer to this for a few hours now, and I could use some help. My PC crashes within a few seconds of logging in with the error message: DPC Watchdog Violation. I can run my PC in safe mode without crashing. I have not installed any new programs or...
  8. Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected.: Hi, My laptop has been crashing, randomly but frequently, with "Something went wrong with your PC" for some time now and the consistent event log is 6008: The previous system shutdown at 09:03:17 on ‎22/‎02/‎2020 was unexpected. The thing is; there was no shut down at...
  9. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: I moved this post from general discussions where it got completely buried. I'm sure every one of us is getting these errors in windows 10 This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server...
  10. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the...