Windows 10: BSOD, shutdown and restart

Discus and support BSOD, shutdown and restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a while, if I left my computer on 24/7 every day or so I'd get a 1 second buzzing sound of corrupted audio followed by a BOSD saying various things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lenberman, Feb 6, 2018.

1. lenberman Win User

BSOD, shutdown and restart

For a while, if I left my computer on 24/7 every day or so I'd get a 1 second buzzing sound of corrupted audio followed by a BOSD saying various things like: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or sometimes DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Since I heard corrupted audio just before failure, I changed my sound card and that seemed to fix it, almost. I left it on 24/7 and on the third day it failed in a similar manner. Can someone please help me. I have also run and attached your BSOD tool results. I hope I've prepared the attachments properly, I've had problems in the past.
    My computer is a Dell XPS i7, 32 gb ram
    Len

:)

lenberman, Feb 6, 2018
  2. johnqjx Win User

Windows 10 BSOD after every shutdown/restart: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Hi,

I am getting a recurring problem whereby my PC will go into a BSOD whenever I shutdown/restart it. I have tried clean boot and booting in safe mode, but it stills goes into a BSOD when I shutdown/restart. It is extremely frustrating.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-John

johnqjx, Feb 6, 2018
  3. Amorie Win User
    DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION and other BSOD errors on Windows 10.

I understand that a clean boot isnt the source of the bsod, I have now done 3 fresh installs. Also turning off fast startup I doubt will fix the issue. Since it doesnt affect restart. Whether I restart or completly shutdown i have a high chance of BSOD.
    Ive gone days without out a BSOD if i never shutdown or restart my computer. the moment I do shortly after I BSOD.

Thanks for the response, ill try it out the fast startup change.

Amorie, Feb 6, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

1) The link that was posted was not able to be opened.
    2) See posting instructions:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    3) Please use this version of the log collector:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip
    4) For any posts into the thread please use one drive or drop box share links.
    5) Update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

zbook, Feb 6, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD, shutdown and restart - Similar Threads - BSOD shutdown restart

2. BSOD by Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD by Shutdown: Hello, When I want to shut down my computer, I get a BSOD with the error MEMORY_MANAGMENT first occurred after the last Windows 10 update .. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-by-shutdown/1ecc6ee6-1925-4487-83cf-e5972168e6ca
  3. Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts: Hello Microsoft Community, I had seen online that you could add shortcuts to your desktop to quickly shut down or restart your PC. How can I do this but add a time interval (30 seconds, for example) before the computer shuts down or restarts? And is it possible to create a...
  4. Restart after Shutdown

Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  5. BSOD or freezing during Shutdown/Restart, no USB, No Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD or freezing during Shutdown/Restart, no USB, No Update: I recently built a new PC, initially everything was OK but now I get a number of problem sysmptoms (please see SYMPTOMS below). It's slightly more complicated than that because the PC switches between Good Mode and Bad Mode. In Bad Mode I get all the SYMPTOMS but in Good...
  6. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  7. Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi All, I recently replaced my original HDD with a Samsung SSD 120GB, installed fresh Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now, it cannot be shutdown or restarted properly as before. When I shutdown/restart the PC, the screen goes black but the power button light is still on...
  8. Shutdown BSOD

Shutdown BSOD: Hello -- If I shutdown my computer using Start > Shutdown, I get at least one BSOD during the next boot-up; however, no BSODs occur if I use the physical power button. The error is "Interrupt Exception Not Handled," and since it occurs during boot-up, nothing gets...
  9. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown then Immediately Restarts: Win 10 Pro x64 HP Spectre x360 15t, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, NVidia Geforce MX150 2GB GDDR5 I was having some issues with HP printer drivers but that did not appear to cause this shutdown issue. I plugged an LG BE14NU40 Blu-Ray Writer via USB and output via HDMI...
  10. Slow shutdown and restart

Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...