Windows 10: BSOD, shutdown and restart

Discus and support BSOD, shutdown and restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a while, if I left my computer on 24/7 every day or so I'd get a 1 second buzzing sound of corrupted audio followed by a BOSD saying various things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lenberman, Feb 6, 2018.

1. lenberman Win User

BSOD, shutdown and restart

For a while, if I left my computer on 24/7 every day or so I'd get a 1 second buzzing sound of corrupted audio followed by a BOSD saying various things like: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or sometimes DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Since I heard corrupted audio just before failure, I changed my sound card and that seemed to fix it, almost. I left it on 24/7 and on the third day it failed in a similar manner. Can someone please help me. I have also run and attached your BSOD tool results. I hope I've prepared the attachments properly, I've had problems in the past.
    My computer is a Dell XPS i7, 32 gb ram
    Len

:)

lenberman, Feb 6, 2018
  2. johnqjx Win User

Windows 10 BSOD after every shutdown/restart: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Hi,

I am getting a recurring problem whereby my PC will go into a BSOD whenever I shutdown/restart it. I have tried clean boot and booting in safe mode, but it stills goes into a BSOD when I shutdown/restart. It is extremely frustrating.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-John

johnqjx, Feb 6, 2018
  3. Amorie Win User
    DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION and other BSOD errors on Windows 10.

I understand that a clean boot isnt the source of the bsod, I have now done 3 fresh installs. Also turning off fast startup I doubt will fix the issue. Since it doesnt affect restart. Whether I restart or completly shutdown i have a high chance of BSOD.
    Ive gone days without out a BSOD if i never shutdown or restart my computer. the moment I do shortly after I BSOD.

Thanks for the response, ill try it out the fast startup change.

Amorie, Feb 6, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

1) The link that was posted was not able to be opened.
    2) See posting instructions:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    3) Please use this version of the log collector:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip
    4) For any posts into the thread please use one drive or drop box share links.
    5) Update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

zbook, Feb 6, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD, shutdown and restart - Similar Threads - BSOD shutdown restart

2. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  3. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  4. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

[BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  6. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  7. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Restart/Shutdown BSOD

Restart/Shutdown BSOD: Hello everybody, for the past couple months I have been having this specific BSOD on my Acer Nitro 5 laptop after a factory restore (I was hit by a trojan by the name of Direct Game UNI Installer while trying to download a game) and have ran countless antivirus scans with...
  9. BSOD on shutdown and restarts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on shutdown and restarts: I keep getting BSOD when my computer restarts or shutdowns. It will say "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" on the BSOD. I have double checked system files to make sure none are corrupted and also tested my memory on the memory diagnostic tool and it passed without any issues....
  10. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...