Windows 10: BSOD since hardware upgrade

Discus and support BSOD since hardware upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded my cpu about two months ago and since then I have been running into constant blue screen of death errors. The most common errors I encounter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChaseBeezley, Feb 9, 2020.

1. BSOD since hardware upgrade

I upgraded my cpu about two months ago and since then I have been running into constant blue screen of death errors.
    The most common errors I encounter are Machine check exception, though I do get irql_not_less_or_equal and dpc watchdog violation as well.
    I'm not an expert and I can't tell what that might mean, so i'm looking for some help before I bring my computer to someone else to fix for more money than id like to spend.

:)

ChaseBeezley, Feb 9, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD since hardware upgrade [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Feb 9, 2020
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Feb 9, 2020
  4. BSOD since hardware upgrade

BSOD Help!

Disable hardware accel in your browsers. Also aumha.org for bsods listing. Turn on power saving for your gcs(set to oc in games but not webbrowsing)

eidairaman1, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

BSOD since hardware upgrade

1. BSOD since hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - BSOD since hardware

2. Various BSOD since hardware upgrade: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSOD since hardware upgrade: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139,...: Hello, I have been getting various BSODs since a computer upgrade a couple months ago. I had replaced my GPU, Case, and PSU. This lead me to believe there was something wrong with my GPU but the BSODs were randomly occurring and would not crash the same way each time. I tried...
  3. Various BSOD since hardware upgrade: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSOD since hardware upgrade: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139,...: Hello, I have been getting various BSODs since a computer upgrade a couple months ago. I had replaced my GPU, Case, and PSU. This lead me to believe there was something wrong with my GPU but the BSODs were randomly occurring and would not crash the same way each time. I tried...
  4. Various BSOD since hardware upgrade: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after hardware upgrade

BSOD after hardware upgrade: Hello!I keep getting a BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime I play a certain game half life alyx, and sometimes new world or run the OCCT power test for about 10-20min. I suspected the new graphics card RTX 3080, because the error disappeared when I put in my old graphics...
  6. BSOD after hardware upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after hardware upgrades: Hi all, I had installed new parts into my PC and ever since I've had frequent BSODs. I installed a new motherboard, CPU, PC case, new SSD and powersupply.Motherboard is a B550 Steel Legend, CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 3600I had upgraded from a Core i5 6400. I have note done a clean...
  7. BSOD after hardware upgrades

BSOD after hardware upgrades: Hi all, I had installed new parts into my PC and ever since I've had frequent BSODs. I installed a new motherboard, CPU, PC case, new SSD and powersupply.Motherboard is a B550 Steel Legend, CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 3600I had upgraded from a Core i5 6400. I have note done a clean...
  8. BSOD after hardware upgrade.

BSOD after hardware upgrade.: In order of events: - Upgraded i5-6600k + msi z170a board to ryzen 3700x + asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 - Installed all drivers from new motherboard website - Started getting frequent bsod, at first "memory management" then other error codes - Ran windows memory diagnostic...
  9. Several BSODs since hardware change

Several BSODs since hardware change: Hey, as title says I recently upgraded my mobo, cpu and ram (specs on my profile) and I get a different BSOD almost every day in random times. The last ones I got are: -Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF830CBEA218D0, 0xFFFF830CBEA21828, 0x0) Error:...
  10. BSODs Since PC Upgrade

BSODs Since PC Upgrade: Hi everyone, a few months ago I upgraded my computer (new ram, cpu, motherboard), and since then I have been experiencing multiple BSODs. They don't occur often, but maybe around a few times a month. They occur mostly while I'm gaming, but have sometimes occurred when I'm...