Windows 10: BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.

Discus and support BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD has only been occurring since the upgrade to Windows 10. When: Happens all the time -- Immediately on start up, while browsing on internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by remaxoakley, Nov 9, 2015.

1. BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.

BSOD has only been occurring since the upgrade to Windows 10.

When: Happens all the time -- Immediately on start up, while browsing on internet (Edge, Chrome), while watching videos (DVD on VLC player), or while browsing explorer folders. All the time.

What I've done so far: Windows Updates, Malwarebytes (Cleaned everything), Windows Memory Diagnostic (no issues), chkdsk (no issues but have done a reinstall of Windows 10 --keeping personal files). WhoCrashed revealed that it's the "hal.dll" with Bugcheck code: 0x124. Used Tweakbit Driver Updater (haven't updated yet) and it found 13 outdated drivers that I'll list below:

1: Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    2: Quaalcomm Atheros AR8162/8166/8168 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
    3: Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
    4: Toshiba Firmware Linkage Driver
    5: Realtek High Definition Audio
    6: PCI standard ISA bridge
    7: Toshiba x6 ACPI-Compliant Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device
    8: PCI Express Root Complex
    9: Standard SATA AHCI Controller
    10: Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
    11: AMD High Definition Audio Device
    12: High Definition Audio Controller
    13: Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Used Coretemp but with this processor the temp just shows 0. Went into BIOS and set to default in case anything was changed (which I don't think it was). That's about it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you. *Redface

:)

remaxoakley, Nov 9, 2015

2. Getting DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error on windows 10

Old title: BSOD athr.sys error

I am using a Samsung series 3 laptop, ever since I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 I have been having this sorts of errors of BSOD which are NETIO.SYS & ATHR.SYS. how do I fix that!?

ontlametse balingiManyanda, Nov 9, 2015
  3. BSOD errors since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on Acer V3-771g

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 9, 2015
  4. BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.

Removed Tweakbit.

Ran Prime95 and everytime it hasn't been able to finish because of the BSOD.

Ran Memtest86+ and everything was good.

Ran Seatools for the Short Drive Test and Short Generic Test with no errors but Long Generic wasn't able to finish without BSOD.

Haven't tried the FurMark GPU Test yet.

Updated Drivers and Removed "AODDriver2".

Restart Laptop now and if the BSOD's continue I will try what I haven't done thus far.

Thank you for your help.

remaxoakley, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Ran FurMark and passed with flying colors.

Was finally able to run the Long Generic test for SeaTools which was pretty surprising as I couldn't get passed 30 something % in all the previous attempts without a BSOD. (Fixed?! maybe??)

Last test I have is the Prime95 and I've had tons of BSOD attempts with it before.

Will update you when finished.

Thanks again for your help.

remaxoakley, Nov 16, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile

Please let me know how it goes.

7. And again amazingly Prime95 has finished testing all the way through (3 hours) without BSOD.

I will now turn the laptop off and hand over to it's owner for regular use (internet/video, etc.) to see if there's any BSOD in the next few days. If there isn't I think we'll be able to Mark as Solved. qBSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10. :)

Thanks and will keep ya posted.

remaxoakley, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.

1. BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10. - Similar Threads - BSOD Since Upgrading

2. upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade from 7 to 10: am i too late to update from windows 7 to windows 10 this is the first time ive had the laptop out in years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-7-to-10/ef5d3dba-fa41-432d-b6a2-58e43bd67771
  3. upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from 7 to 10: am i too late to update from windows 7 to windows 10 this is the first time ive had the laptop out in years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-7-to-10/ef5d3dba-fa41-432d-b6a2-58e43bd67771
  4. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  5. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  6. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I'm trying to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 and I meet reqs it's been stuck at 30%for a while any tips? submitted by /u/Cewz1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ka0vfm/upgrade_from_7_to_10/
  7. BSOD Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: My machine keeps crashing randomly (between 5 to 30 minutes). I upgraded my Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (No clean install). I found that AMD Overdrive causes problems in th Event Viewer, So I removed it, and unchecked it in Catalyst Control Center. In regedit I...
  8. Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7: Ever since upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 I have been having UAC issues across the board. Everything needs to be run as admin in order to work properly and I have frequent issues with losing ownership to files despite being admin. I turned off UAC but this did not fix...
  9. Windows 10 event errors since upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 event errors since upgrade from 7: New upgrade event viewer error Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler Date: 2/28/2016 5:55:41 PM Event ID: 414 Task Category: Task Misconfiguration Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Barrym-PC Description: Task Scheduler service...
  10. Upgrading from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from 7 to 10: I just want to know if I upgrade from W7 to W10 will all of my applications be removed (eg. do I have to re-install all my apps)? 11028