Windows 10: Bsod situation and I’m about to give up

Discus and support Bsod situation and I’m about to give up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short I had a bunch of blue screen of death problems, at first I suspected ram but I ran memtest86 for like 5 hours and no issues there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShawnDesilets, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Bsod situation and I’m about to give up

Long story short I had a bunch of blue screen of death problems, at first I suspected ram but I ran memtest86 for like 5 hours and no issues there. Here are my specs to get it out of the way:

CPU : Intel Core i5 3570k Cooler : Corsair H80i GT Motherboard : ASUS Z68V-Pro Ram : 16gb DDR3 1600 (4x4gb) SSD : Crucial 256 GB GPU : ASUS STRIX GTX 980 PSU : EVGA G3 750W 80+ Gold

I bought this used computer about three days ago, when the seller showed it to me there was no issues, I played with it and it went fine. I took it upon myself to clean it so I dusted it out and noticed the SSD cable was weak so I tugged on it and realized the Plastic supporting the pins on the ssd had broken, The little plastic piece had stayed stuck on the power supply cable, I removed the SSD and installed windows on a brand new regular hard drive, it’s been a couple days and I haven’t seen any blue screen of deaths. Hooray I have fixed it, so I decided to launch counterstrike because it was a small game to install and when I was in a match, randomly I would just quit to the desktop, no error message of any sort it was just as if I had never launched the game, temps were fine. Then I read online counterstrike had issues like this, so I decided to run furmark, it runs for maybe five minutes and then it freezes and it does a bsod.

I had trouble removing the ram and maybe I could’ve damaged the motherboard, I don’t suspect the power supply since it’s a good power supply, the PC in itself is really good and I want to keep it, it’s the best computer I’ve ever had spec wise. I don’t wanna spend too much money trying to repair it when I don’t even know what the source of the problem is.

Thank you for all the people that will help me with my situation, I am desperate and in lack of sleep... thanks

submitted by /u/ShawnDesilets
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShawnDesilets, Aug 20, 2020

2. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Aug 22, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. cplpro Win User

Bsod situation and I’m about to give up

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Bsod situation and I’m about to give up :)

cplpro, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Bsod situation and I’m about to give up

1. Bsod situation and I’m about to give up - Similar Threads - Bsod situation I’m

2. I’m about to end it all man

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m about to end it all man: My pc doesn’t work when I get the blue screen either my pc shuts off or it goes black and goes back to the blue screen when I press F1 or any key at that and sometimes well all the time when I turn on my pc my fan makes a weird noise I clean my pc btw and when I do turn on my...
  3. I’m about to end it all man

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m about to end it all man: My pc doesn’t work when I get the blue screen either my pc shuts off or it goes black and goes back to the blue screen when I press F1 or any key at that and sometimes well all the time when I turn on my pc my fan makes a weird noise I clean my pc btw and when I do turn on my...
  4. I’m about to end it all man

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. One more question about the Win32 hive situation?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One more question about the Win32 hive situation?: I already updated to the new update for Windows Defender BUT I think I might still get the notifications. I heard that Microsoft is working on this so I won't be on my computer until tomorrow. Did the notifications stop for that update?...
  6. BSoD Automatic Repair, Situation getting worse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD Automatic Repair, Situation getting worse: Hello,It’s been two days that I am dealing with a sudden Blue Screen stop code on my laptop.I remember not updating anything recently, but by following some of the instructions online:1. Pressed reset button on the blue screen, nothing changed.2. Troubleshoot —> Advanced...
  7. i’m about to give up, none of these options work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i’m about to give up, none of these options work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/laurenb0509 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hy6p3e/im_about_to_give_up_none_of_these_options_work/
  8. I’m in a bit of a weird situation. I’m running Windows 10 on a Mac and I can’t connect to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m in a bit of a weird situation. I’m running Windows 10 on a Mac and I can’t connect to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Droopyboi124 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emzppw/im_in_a_bit_of_a_weird_situation_im_running/
  9. A confusing situation... what to do about the windows actiavation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A confusing situation... what to do about the windows actiavation?: Ok, so i have a laptop with windows 10 pre installed on it, then down then line, i upgraded from build 10240 through 10586 to 14342(latest). That means that my windows 10 is legit and activated. the below situation is the first time that's happened after an update...
  10. Windows 10 fails to upgrade i'm about to give up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fails to upgrade i'm about to give up.: Hi People, A few days ago a blue dialog popped up on my screen saying the windows 10 fall creator update was ready to be installed so i did but it fails each and every time i try to install it.Things i tryed to solve the problem are Remove my kaspersky internet...