Windows 10: BSOD sporadic and usually playing games

Discus and support BSOD sporadic and usually playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys So I have been having sporadic blue screens and they are usually during game play. I play multiple different games, but what I have noticed is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BishieBishie, Jul 11, 2019.

1. BSOD sporadic and usually playing games

Hi guys

So I have been having sporadic blue screens and they are usually during game play. I play multiple different games, but what I have noticed is that Battlefield 5 or Planetside 2 will crash straight to desktop no error, then when I play another game, soon I may get a bluescreen. This happened daily for a while and I was quite anxious because my PC is important to me. So with some googling I did these things.

These problems only came about after recently updated to 1903

Memtest no errors
    Reseated GPU and RAM
    Checked cables
    DDU and reinstalled graphics drivers
    Checked drivers outdated and updated everything in device manager

I really hope you can help, thank you.

DESKTOP-KG15NIE-(2019-07-12_01-50-35).zip

:)

BishieBishie, Jul 11, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 11, 2019
  3. menanico Win User
    BSOD playing various games

Hello everyone, i would love to get some help whit my problem. As the title say i get different BSOD when i play games like Dragon age or Assassin creed.
    Here's a link to a post in tomshardware forum, they suggested me to ask in this site: BSOD when playing games - Windows 10 - Toms Hardware
    You can find some information in there, if you need more i will do anything to simplify your job.

menanico, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD sporadic and usually playing games

Getting BSOD while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, in order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.
    • Does this issue occur only while playing a game?

Usually, Blue Screen error occurs when there is an outdated driver installed or any in compatible hardware connected to the computer. As you have mentioned that all the drivers are updated, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would request you to share the minidump file with us so that we can analyze it and help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. You can locate mini dump file in location:
    c:\windows\minidump. Please upload the files in OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

BSOD sporadic and usually playing games

1. BSOD sporadic and usually playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD sporadic usually

2. Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, I'm getting inconsistent BSODs specifically when playing games only, with most of the BSOD errors being CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. A few times it would be UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION but that usually doesn't happen.I wish to provide minidump or dumps even but unfortunately,...
  3. Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, I'm getting inconsistent BSODs specifically when playing games only, with most of the BSOD errors being CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. A few times it would be UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION but that usually doesn't happen.I wish to provide minidump or dumps even but unfortunately,...
  4. Sporadic BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sporadic BSoD: Hello.I have been getting sporadig BSoD's these last few months. Same error every time. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139When open the minidump in Windbg, the only thing i can see that could be causing it is mwac.sysBut when i wrote to malwarebytes they claim it's not their...
  5. Sporadic BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sporadic BSoD: Hello.I have been getting sporadig BSoD's these last few months. Same error every time. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139When open the minidump in Windbg, the only thing i can see that could be causing it is mwac.sysBut when i wrote to malwarebytes they claim it's not their...
  6. BSOD playing games, usually hypervisor or irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing games, usually hypervisor or irql not less or equal: Hi, I have been experiencing intermittent crashing while playing certain games. The errors are almost always HYPERVISOR_ERROR or occasionally IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The games that typically cause this are Cities Skylines and Two Point Hospital, but games like Factorio,...
  7. Crashes, BSOD's, usually while playing SMITE

Crashes, BSOD's, usually while playing SMITE: I get the crashes while playing SMITE (or other games like WoW), it happens even if I'm not playing video games, but that's a rare thing. 77061
  8. Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.

Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.: Hi, Recently my PC has been seeing BSODs quite frequently. They usually occur while playing games. The bugcheck code varies as well. Attachment 111193 Any help diagnosing the problem would be appreciated. Thanks! 70611
  9. Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games

Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games: Hi all, so after some searching on the deal with blue screen of death and win 10, I decided i needed to make a post specific to my situation. So I built my PC around august of this year and generally the machine runs fine. Lately though I've gotten BSOD several times in these...
  10. Random BSOD usually when gaming

Random BSOD usually when gaming: Hi, I've been getting a lot of BSOD these past 2 months with the message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys). May i know what's the cause for this? 55529