Windows 10: BSOD started after SSD cable problem

Discus and support BSOD started after SSD cable problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently i booted my pc and the SSD wouldn't read, turned out to be a faulty cable. i used a new cable into a spare port and all is working again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tomdyer2, Aug 19, 2018.

1. tomdyer2 Win User

BSOD started after SSD cable problem

So recently i booted my pc and the SSD wouldn't read, turned out to be a faulty cable. i used a new cable into a spare port and all is working again. But Since changing the cable i have been getting BSOD. I did a clean install of windows to see if it would help but the problem persists. i have tried to look at the mini dump files but personally cant make sense of it or diagnose whats causing the problem.

The pc is getting a bit old now the specs are

Intel I7-4770k CPU

ASUS Z87-A motherboard

16Gb mushkin 1600mhz ram (forget exactly what)

Evga Geforce GTX 780Ti

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Corsair RM850 PSU

I don't know alot about computers. but a hardware problem wouldn't be surprising.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

tomdyer2, Aug 19, 2018
  2. RoboX Win User

Start problem and BSOD

Guys I have a problem: the PC (w7 64 bit) does not want to know to start, it loads the screen with the windows logo then turn off your monitor and restart (a few times instead of the monitor is off, I saw a BSOD). Restore tool startup (suggested by the same system in some reboots) failed to solve. I have no previous restore points saved. I tried to start it in Safe Mode but I did it only once, other attempts end up with a reboot after loading the files. That one time I was able to provisionally read something minidumb with bluscreenviewer and I remember that reported "Caused by driver: Raspptp.sys" and underneath was "Raspptp.sys + c0d5" Unfortunately, all the other items I do not remember.

Do you know what is derived and above all how to solve?

RoboX, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    • Another Windows 7
    • Another HDD
    • Only HDD connected
    • Changed RAM
    • Tried with built in GPU
    • Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Aug 19, 2018
  4. BSOD started after SSD cable problem

Start problem and BSOD

Did you try safemode without network connection?

Also what lead up to this? Did you install anything? Change any hardware? What did you do if it was running ok before?

TheMailMan78, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

BSOD started after SSD cable problem

1. BSOD started after SSD cable problem - Similar Threads - BSOD started SSD

2. Bsod problem with ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bsod problem with ssd: So I recently got a new ssd for my PC and when I installed it I was met with the BSOD on startup so thinking it may have been the new ssd I changed it back to the old one that was plugged in which it was previously running fine on 10 minutes prior and now I have the BSOD...
  3. Bsod problem with ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod problem with ssd: So I recently got a new ssd for my PC and when I installed it I was met with the BSOD on startup so thinking it may have been the new ssd I changed it back to the old one that was plugged in which it was previously running fine on 10 minutes prior and now I have the BSOD...
  4. Bsod problem with ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Started Getting BSOD After Installing Another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Started Getting BSOD After Installing Another SSD: I recently installed another storage device to my desktop m.2 SSD and have recently been receiving BSOD at random intervals. I can go hours without receiving one, but then it can happen as much as a couple times in an hour. This only started occurring after I installed my new...
  6. Started Getting BSOD After Installing Another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Started Getting BSOD After Installing Another SSD: I recently installed another storage device to my desktop m.2 SSD and have recently been receiving BSOD at random intervals. I can go hours without receiving one, but then it can happen as much as a couple times in an hour. This only started occurring after I installed my new...
  7. Started Getting BSOD After Installing Another SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD After installing ssd

BSOD After installing ssd: I installed a new Silicon Power 1tb NVME SSD and started getting bluescreens. I completely wiped my pc twice, removed my hdd so I know it's the ssd, Tried looking for firmware but their website has no firmware downloads because it goes to a no file found page and I am...
  9. Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed

Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed: I installed a new SSD in my PC and imaged my old SSD onto it, which caused it to crash randomly on the login page, reboot randomly, run very very slowly (upwards of 5 minutes to open the start menu, for instance), and freeze a lot. I reimaged, same thing. So I did a clean...
  10. BSOD after SSD install

BSOD after SSD install: I installed a new SSD, not in raid, that was meant to run my virtual machines for school. This was a few months ago and they have been happening frequently. A full restore of windows was completed yesterday and I deleted everything because I am done with school, the BSOD's...