Windows 10: BSOD Startup PFN LIST CORRUPT W10 Home 20H2 19042.928

Discus and support BSOD Startup PFN LIST CORRUPT W10 Home 20H2 19042.928 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Strangely BSODs upon powerup, then if ubuntu live drive is booted and shutdown after loading TRY UBUNTU, windows boot up fine D/L the V2 Collector -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bam12b, May 5, 2021.

1. bam12b Win User

BSOD Startup PFN LIST CORRUPT W10 Home 20H2 19042.928

Strangely BSODs upon powerup, then if ubuntu live drive is booted and shutdown after loading TRY UBUNTU, windows boot up fine D/L the V2 Collector - got the following

:)

bam12b, May 5, 2021
  2. bam12b Win User

Strangely BSODs upon powerup, then if ubuntu live drive is booted and shutdown after loading TRY UBUNTU, windows boot up fine
    D/L the V2 Collector - got the following

BSOD Startup PFN LIST CORRUPT W10 Home 20H2 19042.928 [​IMG]

bam12b, May 5, 2021
  3. BSOD PFN List Corrupt

Solution 5 – Check the hard drive

Fix PC Errors

If there’s something wrong with your hard drive, BSODs are a common occurrence. For that matter, you need to check the condition of your hard drive. And to do that, use the chkdsk command. This command basically scans your partitions and resolves any potential problems.

Here’s how to run the chkdsk command in Windows 10:

Enter the Advanced Startup (Restart your computer while holding the Shift key).

Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.

Select Command Prompt from the list of options.

When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

PFN LIST CORRUPT Windows 10 error

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootrec.exe /fixboot

Some users are also suggesting that you need to run additional chkdsk commands as well. To perform these commands, you need to know drive letters for all your hard drive partitions. In Command Prompt you should enter the following (but remember to use the letters that match your hard drive partitions on your PC):

chkdsk /r c:

PFN LIST CORRUPT Windows 10 error

chkdsk /r d:

This is just our example, so keep in mind that you have to perform chkdsk command for every hard drive partition that you have.

Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Solution 6 – Disable Microsoft OneDrive

OneDrive was a part of the Windows Essentials suite for many years, but with the rising popularity of cloud storage, it became a default application on Windows 10. OneDrive is a great tool that allows you to collaborate and share files with others, but unfortunately, several users reported that OneDrive can also cause PFN LIST CORRUPT error. In order to fix this issue, you’ll have to disable OneDrive, and you can do that by following these steps:

Press Windows Key + S and enter group policy. Select the Edit group policy.

edit-group-policy

When Local Group Policy Editor opens, in the left pane navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive.

In the right pane, locate Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage and double click it.

prevent-usage-of-onedrive

Select Enabled and click Apply and OK to disable OneDrive.

disable-onedrive

Alternatively, you can use Registry Editor if you prefer so. To disable OneDrive by using Registry Editor, to do the following:

Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK to start Registry Editor.

regedit

Once Registry Editor starts, you need to navigate to the following key in the left pane:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindows

Expand the Windows key and search for OneDrive key. If the key doesn’t exist, go to the next step to create it.

Right-click Windows key and choose New > Key. Enter OneDrive as the name of the key.

windows-new-key

Select the OneDrive key. In the right pane, right click and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Enter DisableFileSyncNGSC as the name of the new DWORD.

new-dword

Double click the DisableFileSyncNGSC and change its Value data to 1. Click OK to save changes.

If you cannot access Windows 10 due to PFN LIST CORRUPT error, you’ll have to perform these steps from Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode, do the following:

Restart your computer few times while it boots. This should start Automatic Repair process.

Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Click the Restart button.

Once your computer restarts again, you’ll see a list of options. Press F5 or 5 to select Safe Mode with Networking.

Once the Safe Mode starts, disable the OneDrive.

READ ALSO: Quick Fix: ‘no Boot Device Available” Error in Windows

Solution 7 – Uninstall the problematic software

BSoD errors are often caused by certain software, and many users reported that PFN LIST CORRUPT error is caused by your antivirus. It’s worth mentioning that almost any antivirus software can cause BSoD error, so be sure to uninstall any third-party antivirus software.

In order to completely remove an antivirus software, it’s recommended to use a dedicated uninstaller. Many antivirus companies offer these uninstaller tools for their software, so be sure to download and use one of these tools. After you removed the antivirus software completely, you can download the latest version of the same tool, or you can switch to a different antivirus solution.

In addition to your antivirus, certain drivers can cause PFN LIST CORRUPT. Users reported that they fixed the error by removing the Etron driver. To remove a certain driver from your PC, you need to do the following:

Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and select Device Manager from the list.

device-manager

Once the Device Manager starts, you need to locate the driver you wish to remove. Right click it and choose Uninstall.

uninstall-driver

If available, check Delete driver software for this device and click OK.

confirm-uninstall-driver

Restart your computer.

Users reported that after removing the Etron driver their issues with PFN LIST CORRUPT BSoD were fixed. Bear in mind the almost any driver can cause this error, you might need to do a bit of research before you find a driver that is causing you this problem.

In addition to your antivirus and drivers, sometimes regular applications can cause a BSoD error. Few users reported that Philips Incenter Offline was the main cause for this error, and after removing it the issue was completely resolved. Again, almost any software can cause these types of errors, so it’s best that you remove any recently installed software.

Solution 8 – Check your hardware

Rather often PFN LIST CORRUPT error can be caused by faulty hardware, most commonly RAM, so make sure to check if your RAM is working properly.

To do that, download MemTest86+ and run it for a couple of hours. Many users reported that after replacing their RAM the issue was completely resolved.

Even though your RAM might be the common cause, be sure to check if other components, such as your motherboard, network card, and graphics card, are working properly.

PFN LIST CORRUPT BSoD error can be problematic, but since

this error is often caused by a software issue, it can be easily fixed by following one of our solutions.

Juliet Erum, May 5, 2021
  4. Nebster Win User

Windows 10 BSOD PFN list corrupt

I was playing a game on ma notebook with Windows 10 when after 5 - 10 minutes I got BSOD and the notebook turned off instead of restarting.

This happened 3 times and I was not able to turn it on for about 5 minutes after each BSOD, so my first thought was that it overheated.

After third BSOD I checked the error message and it was saying: PFN LIST CORRUPT

My notebook is ASUS G56JR with Kingstom SSDNOW V300 as System drive.

Nebster, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD Startup PFN LIST CORRUPT W10 Home 20H2 19042.928 - Similar Threads - BSOD Startup PFN

2. PFN list Corrupt / freezes / BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PFN list Corrupt / freezes / BSOD: I've been having issues where all my tabs on my pc will freeze but my mouse will still be able to move, when i try to click on restart / shut down / log out nothing happens and i have to hard restart my pc, Or it will just BSOD with the pnf list corrupt issue.Below is my...
  3. BSOD pfn list corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD pfn list corrupt: Howdy folks, thanks in advance for your support!About this past month, i've experiences BSODS such as PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a.Initially I attributed this to degradation in my RAM, but after testing Windows memory diagnostic and leaving it to run overnight with...
  4. BSOD pfn list corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD pfn list corrupt: Howdy folks, thanks in advance for your support!About this past month, i've experiences BSODS such as PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a.Initially I attributed this to degradation in my RAM, but after testing Windows memory diagnostic and leaving it to run overnight with...
  5. PFN list Corrupt.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PFN list Corrupt.: I've been receiving this error for some time, but it is becoming more and more further I have already done a reformat, I was using a Noname off brand SSD and since upgraded now to a Samsung evo 1TB. and still pops up. it only happens on pc shut down or reboot and weird enough...
  6. BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT: Today I faced BSOD on my laptop. Specs: i7-7500U, 8GB RAM, 512SSD, 2GB AMD GPU. BSOD STOP CODE: PFN LIST CORRUPT Onedrive link for Minidump and msinfo32 files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlS-d0Mh6mPMn2kTYDoVPumYZToO?e=E6XLjZ...
  7. BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT: Today I faced BSOD on my laptop. Specs: i7-7500U, 8GB RAM, 512SSD, 2GB AMD GPU. BSOD STOP CODE: PFN LIST CORRUPT Onedrive link for Minidump and msinfo32 files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlS-d0Mh6mPMn2kTYDoVPumYZToO?e=E6XLjZ...
  8. BSOD: PFN LIST CORRUPT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PFN List Corrupt BSOD

PFN List Corrupt BSOD: Hello,I have a very frustrating issue--every time I reboot or shut down, windows throws a BSOD with a description of "PFN LIST CORRUPT." Windows is up to date; I have run SFC/SCANNOW with no problems found. antivirus is corporate-enforced so I can't do anything with that,...
  10. BSOD PFN List Corrupt

BSOD PFN List Corrupt: It seemed to have happened i'm pretty sure after updating the chipset drivers, I get a "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" bsod Here is the dmp files, system specs, & msinfo https://www.dropbox.com/s/551rhbmtsqpy3nz/Kit.zip?dl=0...