Windows 10: BSOD Stopcode: Reference By Pointer, no solutions are working

Discus and support BSOD Stopcode: Reference By Pointer, no solutions are working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been receiving the BSOD error every half hour for over 24 hours now. I've tried every solution including disabling antivirus, disabling most apps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mayu_586, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Mayu_586 Win User

BSOD Stopcode: Reference By Pointer, no solutions are working

I've been receiving the BSOD error every half hour for over 24 hours now. I've tried every solution including disabling antivirus, disabling most apps, going into device management, etc, etc. Please tell me how to fix this, I am a student and having a functioning laptop is a necessity.Thank you.

:)

Mayu_586, Sep 15, 2021
  2. nereus7 Win User

BSOD "Reference By Pointer" - Minidump File

Hello, I recently built a new PC (with the exception of an older GPU which I kept from my older machine). It's run pretty smoothly for the first couple weeks, but recently gave a BSOD with the error "Reference By Pointer".

I found
    this thread
    which talked about potential memory issues, so I ran the Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics Tool and it found no errors. That same thread had a lot of people suggesting the OP upload the minidump file, so I did that too.

You can download the minidump file here.

Here's my Dxdiag as well, in case that helps.

A few of my PC parts can only be returned for another week or so, so any information you could provide to help me track down if any parts are busted and should be returned would be really appreciated.

Thanks, and let me know if I can provide any other info to help.

nereus7, Sep 15, 2021
  3. BSOD (Reference by Pointer) in MS Office 2013 after Windows 10 (build 1803) Install

OK at last I found the problem!

Eventually I decided to Reset the PC (reinstall Windows).

This worked, but Iater, after starting to install my programs, I encountered the same problem (BSOD). At last I could isolate the problem. The BSOD (Reference by Pointer) - only on "save as" from Word 2013 and Powerpoint 2013 - was caused by Groupwise 2012
    free email client. I thoroughly checked that this was the actual cause of the problem, for before installation it did not give the error, but after install it started giving the error.

But I used Groupwise client on Windows 10 version 1709 without a problem. The Reference-by-Pointer error (On MS Office) only started occurring after installing version 1803 update

Can someone explain why this little program could cause this?

And, is there a solution to the problem?

Philipdu Toit, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Wanjillem Win User

New PC, random BSODs with multiple stopcodes

Hi there,

I'm facing random though frequent BSOD's on a freshly build and installed PC. Alot of different stopcodes, i secured the zipfile below through the script from the BSOD forum posting rules. Any help or pointers towards a possible fix is greatly appreciated!

Attachment 218886

Wanjillem, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD Stopcode: Reference By Pointer, no solutions are working - Similar Threads - BSOD Stopcode Reference

2. BSOD Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Reference by Pointer: Hello, I've been having a recent issue of my computer automatically getting a BSOD Reference by Pointer after being on for a while. I'm not sure how to proceed forward. Is there anything I need to download or check?...
  3. Reference by pointer BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reference by pointer BSOD: I had a multiple Reference by pointer BSODs. Today, it happened to me for more than 5 times, The Error usually occurs after 20-40 minutes. And here are the things I did to try to fix the problem > DISM Command, Chkdsk, Sfc /Scannow, Updating outdated drivers, restarting,...
  4. BSOD Reference Pointer

BSOD Reference Pointer: So recently I've had the BSOD appear about 8 times over the past 12 hours or so and after reading through many other posts I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the crashes, and things like the event viewer didn't shed much light on the issue, what's more confusing is that...
  5. BSOD - Reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Reference by pointer: I am consistently getting the BSOD with the stop code `REFERENCE_BY_POINTER`. My laptop seems to crash while using various applications. This was happening before a recent MS update but has persisted since. It tends to happen within 5-10 minutes of the laptop starting but...
  6. Stopcode Reference by Pointer?

Stopcode Reference by Pointer?: I'm a freshman engineering major in college and I got a Dell Precision 5550 for school. After spending over $2500 for the laptop, I expected it to run flawlessly and extremely fast, seeing the specs and the price tag along with it. However, about a few weeks into using it I...
  7. BSOD Reference by Pointer

BSOD Reference by Pointer: I am consistently getting some BSOD with the stop code in the title. Matters got worst in the last few days, with the crash happening ~30 minutes after turning the laptop on.Here's the most recent minidump file, analyzed with...
  8. BSOD reference by pointer

BSOD reference by pointer: Hello, I have started getting this BSOD quite frequently over the last few days. I googled the issue and tried some of the suggested fixes but as yet it has not stopped. Is there a way to figure out what exactly is causing the problem?thanks in advance....
  9. Windows 10 Stopcode Reference by Pointer

Windows 10 Stopcode Reference by Pointer: Hello Team,My laptop randomly shows blue screen, it happens 6-7 times in a day.Can you please provide me proper solution to fix it.Here I attached file from "C:\Windows\Minidump" path.https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArkPj7Etm_vTg2i3IArMIEuFAj1j?e=BkWllw...
  10. Windows 10 Stopcode Reference by Pointer

Windows 10 Stopcode Reference by Pointer: Hey everybody. I've been getting BSODs ever more frequently as of recently. I performed a memory diagnostic and a disk check but both came back with no errors found. If someone could check my dmp files and try to see where the error occurs, I would appreciate it. I'd rather...