Windows 10: BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.

Discus and support BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, BSODs happened after a windows update, with multiple BSOD in loops on my laptop. I managed to find a workaround, the machine is always stable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rmadrona, Jan 17, 2020.

1. BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.

Hello,

BSODs happened after a windows update, with multiple BSOD in loops on my laptop.

I managed to find a workaround, the machine is always stable when running on only 1 core,

My configuration is

• Dell XPS 15 9560
    • BIOS 1.18.0
    • Windows 10.0.18362
    • SKU 07BE
    • Intel core i7 7700HQ 2.8 Ghy quadcore
    • 16 GB RAM Hinix 2400 Mhz,
    • Samsung 500GB SSD 970 EVOPlus NVMe M.2,
    • Intel HD Graphics 630
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
    • Wifi Bluetooth Intel AC 9260nGW

I already spent lots of efforts to fix this

• Reinstalled a clean install from Dell recovery,
    • upgraded all drivers using dell update, intel update and sdi tools
    • tested hardware using dell tools
    • tested memory using memtestx86
    • tested CPU and RAM using prime95
    • installed and run CPUIDHWMonitor
    • collected minidump, stack dump is in hall.dll, ntoskrnl.exe, PSHED.dll

If anyone already had such issue, I would appreciate help.

Regards,

submitted by /u/rmadrona
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rmadrona, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Hoodlum Win User

Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs

All steps completed. Had to install the new drivers from safe mode, as Windows kept automatically re-installing them too quickly from normal boot.

Unfortunately, monitor has not started working again.

Many thanks for your patience in trying to help.

Requested drive test result images, referring to post #7:

Steps 3 - 11:
    Code:
    Step 14 (HDTune):

BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560. [​IMG]

Step 15 (SeaTools):

Step 16 (HD Sentinel):

Hoodlum, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Hoodlum Win User

Have included both, just in case.

Hoodlum, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Hoodlum Win User

BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.

Ok thanks, will get back with results later.

- - - Updated - - -

New RAM is installed now. Will run MemTest86 overnight. No BSODs for a couple of days (even before new RAM was installed).

Dell diagnostics:

It did find a couple of drivers, which I have installed (Realtek Audio & and Intel Chipset Driver_9NNTR_WIN_10.1.18019.8144_A08_02.EXE)

Monitor still stubbornly not coming on

Hoodlum, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.

1. BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560. - Similar Threads - BSOD stopcode repeatedly

2. BSOD stopcode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD stopcode: I have been getting a BSOD with stopcode errors randomly for the past several months. I ran the driver verifier and have the logs, but I have not looked at them because I would not know what to look for.The BSOD while the driver verifier was running had a Stop Code:...
  3. Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...: Every single time I unplug my xps15 9560 from my wd15 dock I immediately get BSOD error. The stop code is: System_thread_exception_not_handledWhat failed is: usbxhci.sysThe only suggestion I could find is to uninstall the usb root hub drivers and restart, but that didn't...
  4. Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...: Every single time I unplug my xps15 9560 from my wd15 dock I immediately get BSOD error. The stop code is: System_thread_exception_not_handledWhat failed is: usbxhci.sysThe only suggestion I could find is to uninstall the usb root hub drivers and restart, but that didn't...
  5. Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs

Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs: Hey all - just to start by saying thank you for giving your time to help people out with issues like this. Background - I've had my Dell XPS 9560 laptop for about 2 years now. For the majority of that time, it's been rock solid, apart from having to swap out the original...
  7. Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560): I have a problem with bluetooth mice. The mice, which work perfectly on other computers, stutter massively on my XPS 15 (9560) to the point which it's pretty difficult sometimes to do anything. If I bring the mice right next to the usb receiver, then they work well, but 50-60...
  8. Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months

Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months: Hi, I have 2 identical machines bought on the same day (about 18 months ago). Both have been working flawlessly for more than a year before one started to have daily BSODs, mostly with the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, but sometimes also with BAD POOL HEADER. The faulty...
  9. GPU issue on XPS 15 9560 (code45)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU issue on XPS 15 9560 (code45): I've recently noticed a weird issue affecting my XPS 15 9560, the Nvidia GPU 1050 disappeared from my device manager! So after digging a bit and enabling 'show hidden devices' in device manager, the 1050 is shown grayed out with the error: "This hardware device is not...
  10. My XPS 15 9560 never goes to sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    My XPS 15 9560 never goes to sleep by itself: Hi Something prevents my XPS 15 9560 from going to sleep by itself. I've run the energy troubleshooter and it has no remarks. The energy program is set to put the computer to sleep after 30 minutes but nothing happens. If I don't turn off the computer myself it'll never turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xps 9560 bsod kmode