Windows 10: BSoD :: storport.sys with WDK sample code "storahci.sys" (Win10 Ver 1803) --- Need Urgent...

Discus and support BSoD :: storport.sys with WDK sample code "storahci.sys" (Win10 Ver 1803) --- Need Urgent... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Probelm : BSOD occurred in storport.sys . Miniport driver : WDK Sample code "storahci.sys" (Latest Sample Code) Sample Code URL ::... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by oktm, Jul 24, 2018.

1. oktm Win User

BSoD :: storport.sys with WDK sample code "storahci.sys" (Win10 Ver 1803) --- Need Urgent...

Probelm :
    BSOD occurred in storport.sys .
    Miniport driver : WDK Sample code "storahci.sys" (Latest Sample Code)

Sample Code URL ::
    https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-driver-samples/tree/master/storage/miniports/storahci

Build Environment : WDK for Windows 10 Ver 1803
    Visual Studio 2017

Windbg Stack Tarce :: The following are part of stack trace .

Every BSOD cases are same trace .
    BSOD occured in DPC of storport.sys
    (Divide error )

STACK_TEXT:
    fffff803`bdc6a438 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    fffff803`bdc6a440 : nt!KiFatalExceptionHandler+0x22
    fffff803`bdc6a480 : nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
    fffff803`bdc6a4b0 : nt!RtlDispatchException+0x416
    fffff803`bdc6aba0 : nt!KiDispatchException+0x1f3
    fffff803`bdc6b250 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
    fffff803`bdc6b430 : nt!KiDivideErrorFault+0x2c6
    fffff803`bdc6b5c0 : storport!StorpTelemetrySendAdaptiveIdleCounters+0x159e2
    fffff803`bdc6b740 : storport!StorpLogPerUnitStatistics+0xd3
    fffff803`bdc6b770 : storport!StorpLogStatistics+0x7d
    fffff803`bdc6b820 : storport!StorpTraceLoggingTelemetryTimerDpcRoutine+0xfa
    fffff803`bdc6b860 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0x159
    fffff803`bdc6b950 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x4c7
    fffff803`bdc6bb60 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

Prior to Windows 10 Ver 1803 (Ver 1709 ...) : No BSOD occurred .

My guessing :: Relation between storport.sys and storahci.sys (WDK sample code) changed .

Can you provide us source code of storahci.sys coresponding driver version 10.0.17134.1 please ?

I observed kernel log messages by using dbgviewer and Windbg .
    Certainly , There are some differences from WDK sample "storahci" .

Best regards.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

:)

2. BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys)

Hi Seung,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys).

Please let us know the make/model of your computer.

The L1C63x64.sys is the Atheros LAN driver and I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Atheros LAN driver but install the latest Atheros LAN driver by visiting the manufacture's website and avoid using any LAN driver available though Windows Update.

However the problem could also be with any VPN software and other software so make sure you have the latest version of each of these software.

If the errors continue uninstall the VPN software and check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries for BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys). We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 24, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 24, 2018
  4. BSoD :: storport.sys with WDK sample code "storahci.sys" (Win10 Ver 1803) --- Need Urgent...

wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Documents

interestingkid005140, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

BSoD :: storport.sys with WDK sample code "storahci.sys" (Win10 Ver 1803) --- Need Urgent...

1. BSoD :: storport.sys with WDK sample code "storahci.sys" (Win10 Ver 1803) --- Need Urgent... - Similar Threads - BSoD storport sys

2. Storport sys problem and bad system problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport sys problem and bad system problem: Started with a storport.sys problem. Got to ressett pc it worked for 1 week and then bad problem, tried resetting pc, not allowed, tried full reset of pc, not allowed, got into bootrec, did not find or wrong , going in a loop bad system config , automatic repair, How do i...
  3. stop code wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stop code wdf01000.sys: Hi All i have a ROG G20 its working fine until i plug my Logitech wheel in and once it been recognised it comes up with a blue screen and says stop code wdf01000.sys has failed. what is this and how do i fix it? Thamks...
  4. BSoD :: storport.sys with WDK sample code "storahci.sys" (Win10 Ver 1803) --- Need Urgent...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSoD :: storport.sys with WDK sample code "storahci.sys" (Win10 Ver 1803) --- Need Urgent...: Probelm : BSOD occurred in storport.sys . Miniport driver : WDK Sample code "storahci.sys" (Latest Sample Code) Sample Code URL :: https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-driver-samples/tree/master/storage/miniports/storahci OS : Windows 10 Ver 1803 Build...
  5. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  6. [BSOD] Win10 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - L1C63x64.sys - Atheros

[BSOD] Win10 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - L1C63x64.sys - Atheros: Hi, since I upgraded to win10, I have been getting several BSOD's while using my computer. Windows blames L1c63x64.sys, which is the driver for "Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)", and I notice that it crashes more often when I'm...
  7. Win10-Education ; BSOD : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(l1c63x64.sys)

Win10-Education ; BSOD : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(l1c63x64.sys): Hello guys. Now my computer have a terrible problems please help me Before 3~4day start have BSOD so i do the system restore to before 10days but still have BSOD and i install all the driver from MSI website but also fail to fix..... 42332
  8. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...
Tags: