Windows 10: BSOD, stuck in boot loop, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS(storahci.sys)

Discus and support BSOD, stuck in boot loop, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS(storahci.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So laptop will not boot into windows or safe mode. Soon as laptop get splash screen it goes into preparing automatic repair, then diagnosing your pc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by neemo6, May 25, 2016.

1. neemo6 Win User

BSOD, stuck in boot loop, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS(storahci.sys)

So laptop will not boot into windows or safe mode. Soon as laptop get splash screen it goes into preparing automatic repair, then diagnosing your pc, followed by the BSOD, and the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS(storahci.sys) .
    Only thing I can do is get into bios and that is it. This laptop is native win7 and updated to win 10 where it seemed fine for a few minutes before it crashed and went into the bootloop upon restart, and have not been able to get out of it since. I have bootable usb drive with win10 and able to get into advance options in troubleshoot menu. Tried startup repair 4 times and is unable to fix any issues, there is no system restore point to go back to, system image recovery, or a previous build. Not sure what to try next. Any ideas?

:)

neemo6, May 25, 2016
  2. nxjl18 Win User

BSOD Loop on boot

Hello,

Earlier today my computer crashed into a BSOD and ever since then it is stuck on a BSOD loop when trying to boot into windows.

Things I have tried so far:

-Booting from a USB Windows (Loads the windows logo then BSOD)

-Letting it do automatic repair (BSOD)

-Letting it do disk check (BSOD)

-Running it with different RAM sticks (BSOD)

-Running it without the 1060 (BSOD)

-Clearing BIOS settings (BSOD)

I am at a loss. Any help appreciated.

System

-Intel i5 6600k

-Nvidia 1060

-16gb ram

-gigabyte z170x

nxjl18, May 25, 2016
  3. Angus9ln Win User
    Windows 10 Installation stuck at black screen without cursor

I had same problem but my laptop is now stuck in a loop of attempting recovery, BSoD WDF_VIOLATION and restarting.

Is there some way to boot off the recovery partition?

There are articles about pressing F8 during boot but this has no effect.

Machine is a DELL VOSTRO 3550 (with broken CD drive).

Angus9ln, May 25, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, May 26, 2016
  5. neemo6 Win User
    neemo6, May 26, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Is your data backed up? If yes, you could do a clean install of Windows 10.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

If your data is not backed up there are a couple ways you can back it up now, even if you can't boot into Windows 10.

See here: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk from KYHI

It allows you access to a non-working system - and provides a visual means to repair the system. You would have to download the ISO and then burn it to USB or CD to create a bootable WinPE disk or flash drive.

You could then copy your data to a flash drive or external hard drive or use Macrium Reflect to do an image backuop of your current hard drive. Then after you clean install windows 10 you can install Macrium Reflect Free and browse the backup image to copy your data back to the hard drive.

Ztruker, May 27, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    He already tried that, not an available option. See post #3.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD, stuck in boot loop, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS(storahci.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD stuck boot

2. Stuck in BSOD boot loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in BSOD boot loop: Hey, whenever I boot up windows 10, I can't get past the windows loading screen when a blue screen pops up saying Ntfs.sys failed. I can't get past the loading screen at all, what can I do?...
  3. Stuck in BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in BSOD boot loop: Hey, whenever I boot up windows 10, I can't get past the windows loading screen when a blue screen pops up saying Ntfs.sys failed. I can't get past the loading screen at all, what can I do?...
  4. Stuck in BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  6. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  7. Cannot boot up Stuck on a BSOD loop

Cannot boot up Stuck on a BSOD loop: Hello, just today I got this message whilst booting up my Laptop and I still have not manage to fix it. I tried Automatic Repair and all it gave me was "Failed to Start up Windows" I don't know what exactly caused this problem. I have searched the Error code that it gave me...
  8. BSOD to Sys Repair Loop

BSOD to Sys Repair Loop: Ok, as of yesterday Feb 9 I got a blue screen of death and tried to restart after it loaded all the info but it only made my situation worse. Whenever i shut my computer and reload it- the loop gets stuck. So of course i try to pull up the command prompt or sys config- but...
  9. BSOD playing Overwatch; Now stuck in boot loop with WDF01000.sys fail

BSOD playing Overwatch; Now stuck in boot loop with WDF01000.sys fail: Hello TenForums, I was hoping someone could address an issue I was having today. The issues cropped up a month ago or so with a few BSOD detailing a Security_Kernel_Error. Then it went silent for awhile. However, just last night while playing Overwatch I got a BSOD,...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD Boot Loop, WDF01000.SYS error

Windows 10 BSOD Boot Loop, WDF01000.SYS error: I was just browsing the web when my machine locked up and started going into a boot loop that would go to attempting repair, diagnosing problem and then would loop again with the Windows 10 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (wdf01000.sys). The machine will let me choose the safe...
Tags: