Windows 10: BSOD stuck

Discus and support BSOD stuck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my PC froze during browsing requiring a force restart, during the boot up windows logo a BSOD appeared with stop code CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by unsven, Feb 17, 2021.

1. unsven Win User

BSOD stuck

So my PC froze during browsing requiring a force restart, during the boot up windows logo a BSOD appeared with stop code CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. I've tried restarting many times and I cannot reach the lock screen the most I could reach is the automated recovery menu

I'm using windows 10 which was upgraded for free using a windows 8.1 installation disk which I lost the product key to..

Things I've tried:

-going into command prompt and using sfc scannow. It doesn't work as windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation. I'm doing chkdsk now on my windows drive e: apparently it switched from c: to e:, it's in stage 4 will update back on results when done although not sure what good it will do after full /f /r /x

-trying the startup repair tool, doesn't work it says it could not solve the issue and gave me the option to restart/shutdown or go to advanced options

-restarting and shutting down continue as well , same conclusion same bsod when loading on windows logo for some time

-system reset, it just say its not possible although I wish I could

-system restore point, worked initially to get me out of a situation where my desktop was black and had a flickering task bar but I'm now in this situation where I have no points to restore to

-booting in safe mode with networking and with early anti malware disabled both still can't manage to reach lock screen

I had basically done what the YouTube has to offer but could not find a solution I really wish I could get my PC back even if all files lost. I'm getting desperate and need my PC for my studies

:)

unsven, Feb 17, 2021
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Feb 17, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD stuck

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD stuck :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD stuck [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

BSOD stuck

1. BSOD stuck - Similar Threads - BSOD stuck

2. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.: I had windows 10 education on my computer when I bought it. It would not let me customize anything so I erased it and put on a Windows 10 Home. Now when I boot it goes to the BSOD with error codes 0xc000021a and it keeps rebooting. I tried unplugging everything and switched...
  3. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.: I had windows 10 education on my computer when I bought it. It would not let me customize anything so I erased it and put on a Windows 10 Home. Now when I boot it goes to the BSOD with error codes 0xc000021a and it keeps rebooting. I tried unplugging everything and switched...
  4. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !: Hello,I have been searching for a solution for a while now, and I still don't know how to solve my problem.Whenever my laptop starts, it loads normally with the circling white dot, and then it flashes a blue screen for about a second or so, and finally my pc automatically...
  6. I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !

I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !: Hello,I have been searching for a solution for a while now, and I still don't know how to solve my problem.Whenever my laptop starts, it loads normally with the circling white dot, and then it flashes a blue screen for about a second or so, and finally my pc automatically...
  7. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  8. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  9. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve been stuck in a BSOD loop whenever I would try to boot up my PC. After turning it on,...: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d67bhjk5ahXlth5JILS5K57w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-stuck-in-a-bsod-loop-whenever-i-would-try/0ddd767f-0135-434b-b6e7-5480907b1433