Windows 10: BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver

Discus and support BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Installed WinDBG as per the tutorial, as getting fairly regular BSODs not quite figured how to use it yet, was trying to identify my fairly regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 12, 2021.

1. BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver

Installed WinDBG as per the tutorial, as getting fairly regular BSODs not quite figured how to use it yet, was trying to identify my fairly regular BSODs Stop Code DPC watch dog violation, when saw several posts on the NVidea forum regarding BSODs with latest GPU drivers, Inhave. GTX 650 Ti turbo boost GPU, but affects several,others, have found that Drivers is the latest stable driver for my GPU, so downloading and installing now. thats the solution

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jun 12, 2021
  2. herrshaun Win User

[SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Jun 12, 2021
  3. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation daily

Those steps are not relevant to me. In those steps it asks to check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for iastore.sys in the listed drivers.

I do not have iastore as a driver nor is that the files causing the BSOD.

The driver that is causing it (I got this from BlueScreenView) is nvstore.sys which is listed as the driver for three identical items in 'storage controllers' There are 4 items there. 3 of them are called NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Those three
    all list this nvstore.sys as their driver.

I suspect that if I could replace or fix that driver it would solve the issue based on the advice given by Annanya. Does that sound right? If so, how would I go about it?

Dan

Daniel Freitag, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Golden Win User

BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver

BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Could be another driver causing the issue.

Suggest you follow this and post in the BSOD section of the forum.

BSOD - Posting Instructions

Golden, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver

1. BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver - Similar Threads - BSOD suspected cause

2. Bad driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad driver causing BSOD: Hi there,I need help in identifying the bad driver causing the BSOD. I'm not a techy person so I'm having difficulties. Thank you in advance!My PC: Ryzen 5 3600X 16GB RAM DDR4 HyperX 2666Mhz TUF B450M-PRO GAMING Motherboard Galax GTX 1660 FSP Hyper K 500W PSU 240 GB SSD and...
  3. Driver issue causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver issue causing BSOD?: Hi,I have a second PC that is pretty old - 10 - 11 years.It had Windows 7 installed and I just got a Windows 10 licence for it.During install it crashed a lot with a BSOD saying KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. It does not give any other details, there is no file name in brackets...
  4. Audio problems after downloading NVIDEA driver

Audio problems after downloading NVIDEA driver: I downloaded new NVIDEA driver and it took out my sound. I have Windows 10 and sound card but don't know how to get the sound back. I ran troubleshoot audio problems but it didn't find or fix the issue....
  5. BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault

BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault: Here is the bugcheck https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YUXAEGaMKR_zbPFF0BrQR1Hj8UIfTJO_z35a-XhCMbk/edit?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-friend-suspects-bad-driver-at-fault/fba3590f-9563-4b57-9a5c-49fd4c8d8a76
  6. BSOD help, suspected driver issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD help, suspected driver issues.: I've been having issues with my computer recently. The initial symptoms were that my two monitors would suddenly go black (usually when gaming + watching videos), only leaving sound as an output. When this happened I would have to power off my system with the power button to...
  7. Driver causing BSOD

Driver causing BSOD: Im not sure what driver is causing it, so I was hoping someone could take a look at my dump files who knows what they are looking at. My specs are included in the folder. Thanks in advance for any help....
  8. BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver

BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver: Hi there, I am experiencing BSODs in Win10 and followed the advice regarding discovering the cause, i.e. running mdsched.exe, Driver Verifier, SysInfo32 and Speccy data. I have uploaded the minidumps and other test results to:...
  9. BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver

BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver: Hi there, I am experiencing BSODs in Win10 and followed the advice regarding discovering the cause, i.e. running mdsched.exe, Driver Verifier, SysInfo32 and Speccy data. I have uploaded the minidumps and other test results to:...
  10. BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers

BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers: Attachment 111574 Have been having the graphics display driver nvlddmkm drop out sporadically when playing various blizzard games. Only recently, while playing Starcraft 2, have I run into a BSOD twice with no visible warning as far as I could tell. As far as I can tell,...