Windows 10: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Discus and support BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have received this BSOD recently ( twice ) and it seems to occur a few minutes after I use Windows Update to install KB4535680, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by farrellart, Jan 27, 2021.

1. BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Hi Everyone,

I have received this BSOD recently ( twice ) and it seems to occur a few minutes after I use Windows Update to install KB4535680, which fails ( this could be a coincidence ). I am still on version 1909 18363.1316 as this system is critical for on-going 3D projects and I do not want MS to mess too much with my system ( Win Update also states my system is not ready for V2004 ).

Is Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout related to KB4535680 or is there something else going on? So far it hasn't crashed while I use Unity light baking, which puts all core at 100%. Nothing has changed in my system with the exception of trying to update the O/S via Windows Update. Also, the only time this computer is online is when I need to install/update software.

Any ideas?

Best wishes

:)

farrellart, Jan 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 Freeze, then BSOD with Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Recently (in the last month) my laptop has been freezing then BSOD with Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout error at least once a day.

Last minidump file is here:

Minidump.zip

Any help will be appreciated.

Victor Balboa, Jan 27, 2021
  3. SDG01 Win User
    Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Greetings,

Since updating to Win 10 version 1903 in the past several weeks, two machines with Hyper-V enabled are BSOD with a Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout error, noting hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe in the dmp files on both systems.

One machine was updated to 1903 that has a constant VM running on it, that subsequently crashed at least once per day. After fully updating all known drivers in the host system, and the system's BIOS, Hyper-V was uninstalled, and reinstalled where the machine
    seemed to be OK for 4 days, but has since crashed again, at least once per day for the last 3 days.

The other machine, recently updated to version 1903 with Hyper-V installed, also shows the same symptoms (BSOD) if a VM is live and running. The system does not crash if a VM is not running.

Are there any known issues or resolutions to this problem?

Dropbox to the dmp file:

Dropbox - File Deleted

SDG01, Jan 27, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

1. BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout - Similar Threads - BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

2. Mir noch nicht bekannter BSOD - SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mir noch nicht bekannter BSOD - SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hallo mir ist grade diese Fehlermeldung aufgetaucht und ich weiß nicht was ich mir jetzt daraus machen soll. Die Fehlermeldung SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT mit den Subcodes 0x000000002A295BBE; 0x0000018651076368; 0x0000018652626E12; 0x0000000000000005...
  3. Mir noch nicht bekannter BSOD - SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mir noch nicht bekannter BSOD - SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hallo mir ist grade diese Fehlermeldung aufgetaucht und ich weiß nicht was ich mir jetzt daraus machen soll. Die Fehlermeldung SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT mit den Subcodes 0x000000002A295BBE; 0x0000018651076368; 0x0000018652626E12; 0x0000000000000005...
  4. SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD when connecting to the internet ??

SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD when connecting to the internet ??: Hello all,I'm actually not sure if this would be the right place to post this, or what would that place be for the matter...Anyway, I'm coming across the SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes after logging on Windows.So, I started...
  5. SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD when connecting to the internet ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD when connecting to the internet ??: Hello all,I'm actually not sure if this would be the right place to post this, or what would that place be for the matter...Anyway, I'm coming across the SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes after logging on Windows.So, I started...
  6. Need assistant to troubleshoot BSOD: SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need assistant to troubleshoot BSOD: SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hi there,I'm trying to find the root cause for an BSOD that is showing up again and again on a Dell Inspirion 2330I already did some basics like making sure it is the latest Bios that everything is up to date from OS and driver perspective, run Internal Dell diagnosic to...
  7. Need assistant to troubleshoot BSOD: SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Need assistant to troubleshoot BSOD: SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hi there,I'm trying to find the root cause for an BSOD that is showing up again and again on a Dell Inspirion 2330I already did some basics like making sure it is the latest Bios that everything is up to date from OS and driver perspective, run Internal Dell diagnosic to...
  8. Need assistant to troubleshoot BSOD: SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 Freeze, then BSOD with Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Windows 10 Freeze, then BSOD with Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout: Recently in the last month my laptop has been freezing then BSOD with Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout error at least once a day. Last minidump file is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aizt64dxp7npnIVkXXfhi_iU375QGg?e=eFkvtH Any help will be appreciated....
  10. Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout: Greetings, Since updating to Win 10 version 1903 in the past several weeks, two machines with Hyper-V enabled are BSOD with a Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout error, noting hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe in the dmp files on both systems. One machine was updated to 1903 that has a...