Windows 10: BSOD System service exception fileinfo.sys on multiple situations

Discus and support BSOD System service exception fileinfo.sys on multiple situations in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Frist of all I apologize for how general the title is, I'm a 3D artist and have been using some CPU intensive software recently Zbrush,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabielLoaeza, Apr 22, 2021.

1. BSOD System service exception fileinfo.sys on multiple situations

Hello,

Frist of all I apologize for how general the title is, I'm a 3D artist and have been using some CPU intensive software recently Zbrush, however one day while making a memory-expensive operation my PC suddenly crashed and got the first blue screen, after that point it was an endless loop of blue screens, I couldn't start windos by literally any means, a lot before the windows logo poped up a blue screen poped, the same happened when:

1. Trying to repair PC blue screen even before I'm offered any option

2. Attempting to enter advanced options again blue screen before I'm able to click on any button

3. Doing a fresh install from USB by using the MediaCreationTool provided by Microsoft.

I verified with my work's PC that my hardware works just fine Ram, HDD, in fact I was able to boot into windows, so I tried a workaround:

bought a new hard drive and tried to install windows 10 fresh, but once again I got blue screen the second the PC boots the USB, installed Ubuntu without any issues and even ran some benchmarks to make sure my processor is not broken Core i5 9600K 6 cores: stress tests, all cores worked just fine, also temperature was good so the fans/radiator seemed to work just fine

I try to install windows one more time, but once again just booting into USB gets a blue screen, so I was about to either buy a new Motherboard or update the BIOS which seems everybody advices against: before doing that I gave a try installing windows 10 from a ISO I was able to find somewhere online not the official one provided by Microsoft and I was able to install windows, but since this ISO was from a outdated version build 10586 my installation seems pretty limited so I tried to update my windows by using the Windows 10 Update Assistant, the moment it starts to install and restarting I get again a blue screen with message code System service exception, gave it another try but got the same issue "System service exception fileinfo.sys".

Up to this point I'm not really sure how to proceed from as you can see I've tried almost anything and I'm really thinking to attempt to update my BIOS or just buying a new motherboard, but since I am literally posting from a bad windows installation I'm quite certain this could be solved without spending more money than the new HDD I bought.

attaching some files that for what I've research could be useful, please let me know if these should be shared on a different way or if other files are required:

msinfo32.nfolatest dmp file

Thank you.

:)

GabielLoaeza, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Kenjisoh Win User

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys)

Hi, I've been having BSOD errors. Usually it appears to be System Service Exception, but occasionally Kmode Exception Not Handled error would appear. Both have the same stop code (igdkmd64.sys). DMP and MSInfo files are available in the onedrive link below.

Thank you for your kind assistance!

Link: Files.zip

Regards,

Kenji

Kenjisoh, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Dell Laptop, BSOD System Service Exception

Hi,

Outdated drivers is one of the common reasons why SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and
    Wdf01000.sys error appears.

Considering that the driver verifier detected a violation, it is best to first check for available updates for your drivers. We suggest following the steps on this
    article to update it.

Don't hesitate to update us with the result.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Kenjisoh Win User

BSOD System service exception fileinfo.sys on multiple situations

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys)

Hi, I've been having BSOD errors.
    I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad 500S Laptop. Usually it appears to be System Service Exception, but occasionally Kmode Exception Not Handled error would appear. Both have the same stop code (igdkmd64.sys). DMP and MSInfo files are available in the onedrive
    link below.

DMP and MSInfo files:

Link: Files.zip

DriverView Text File:

Link: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvuLziPbjuyGhElma8e-3N-rvc0s

Thank you for your kind assistance!

Regards,

Kenji

Kenjisoh, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

BSOD System service exception fileinfo.sys on multiple situations

1. BSOD System service exception fileinfo.sys on multiple situations - Similar Threads - BSOD System service

2. system service exception multiple times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system service exception multiple times: Hi everyone,I really hope someone here can help as I cannot afford to replace my desktop. I have gotten the 'system service exception error, which crashes/restarts my desktop each time, about 4-5 times now. Every time it happens I am doing something different and for the life...
  3. system service exception multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system service exception multiple times: Hi everyone,I really hope someone here can help as I cannot afford to replace my desktop. I have gotten the 'system service exception error, which crashes/restarts my desktop each time, about 4-5 times now. Every time it happens I am doing something different and for the life...
  4. system service exception multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Service Exception. Wdf01000.sys

System Service Exception. Wdf01000.sys: My Toshiba Satellite Laptop on Winfows 10,still keeps restarting for like the 40th time. And it won't turn to the locker screen, what do I do to fix this? Can anyone help, please? [IMG]...
  6. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD System Service Exception: I am randomly getting BSOD screen, some times after 1 month and sometimes every day. I need help debugging my problem. Here is my recent minidump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvosaqT-_cvHlX60M_yLb5hmVDa6?e=qwzgKn Thanks...
  7. System Service Exception- igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Service Exception- igdkmd64.sys: Help pls, when I put a video card in my pc, starts normally but when is charging windows appears a blu screen that says "System Service Exception-Error igdkmd64.sys". But it happens only when i put the video card....
  8. Multiple BSOD, System Thread Exception not Handled, Error System Service Exception, Memory...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple BSOD, System Thread Exception not Handled, Error System Service Exception, Memory...: So last Windows update appeared last week and ever since I'm getting sudden BSODs. First it was the System Thread one, I tried pulling back one last Quality Update, which seemed to work at first, but now the other one appeared. I stress tested the PC successfully a couple...
  9. system service exception rtkvhd64.sys

system service exception rtkvhd64.sys: I have no idea... I tried reinstall many times... about 5 or more... I even use Acer driver and MS auto driver... still crash and no sound after using for awhile. I reinstall Windows and sometime I install driver manually and automatically still sound fked up I'm...
  10. Multiple "System Service Exception" BSOD

Multiple "System Service Exception" BSOD: I've had a dozen or more System Service Exception BSODs, primarily while playing Star Wars Battlefront. These happened both before and after I upgraded recently to Windows 10. I've tried reverting and reinstalling my graphics driver, with no result. Any advice or...