Windows 10: BSOD: System thread exception not handled. Can't boot into windows, recovery or anything

Discus and support BSOD: System thread exception not handled. Can't boot into windows, recovery or anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So my pc was working perfectly normal until two days ago I tried to turn it on and it took me straight to BSOD. First one was: system thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LouaiZema, Sep 28, 2018.

1. LouaiZema Win User

BSOD: System thread exception not handled. Can't boot into windows, recovery or anything

Hello,

So my pc was working perfectly normal until two days ago I tried to turn it on and it took me straight to BSOD.

First one was: system thread exception not handled

Then it reboots and goes to a windows insider BSOD which says: system service exception.

It just keeps doing this in loops.

Tried to boot into recovery, safe mode but it didn't work.

Bought a windows dvd because I don't have another pc to make one and tried to repair it, and I only got advanced options. Tried every one of them and none worked.

Please help me.

Is there anything I can do to fix it without losing my data?

Specs:

Desktop pc:

I7-4790

Gtx 960

Windows 10 insder

:)

LouaiZema, Sep 28, 2018

2. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 28, 2018
  3. vagnluv Win User
    BSOD with the text "System Thread Exception Not Handled"

Hi all

Booting my Win 10 Pro desktop today I ran into a BSOD with the text "System Thread Exception Not Handled". Continuous reboots all resulted in the same BSOD, and no matter what I tried (repairing, selecting Boot into Safe Mode) I kept getting the same BSOD message. It was only because of the great boot recovery package in the OP that I managed to access my system via an USB stick.
    Boot SSD seems fine and from what I've googled it seems highly likely that it's a damaged driver that is blocking the system from reaching the desktop. I'm suspecting either my keyboard or mouse drivers (both Logitech), since they weren't plugged in until mid-boot during that fateful start of my machine that resulted in the first BSOD.

But then again, the writer of this piece [Fix] System Thread Exception Not Handled Error Windows 10 suggests that it's not driver related, since the BSOD doesn't state the name of the problematic file.*Confused

Is there any way to diagnose what is crashing my boot sequence, and to repair or remove a faulty driver from the boot?

Any help is much appreciated BSOD: System thread exception not handled. Can't boot into windows, recovery or anything :)

vagnluv, Sep 28, 2018
  4. BSOD: System thread exception not handled. Can't boot into windows, recovery or anything

Anniversary update BSOD Error-System Thread Exception Not Handled (Nvlddmkm.sys)

Original Title : Windows 10 1607 BSOD

Hello everyone,

After installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update my computer started to get BSOD (System Thread Exception Not Handled) (Nvlddmkm.sys), ONLY, when installing updates from WU and when booting in safe mode.

Francesco Miracolo, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

BSOD: System thread exception not handled. Can't boot into windows, recovery or anything

1. BSOD: System thread exception not handled. Can't boot into windows, recovery or anything - Similar Threads - BSOD System thread

2. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  3. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  4. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD system exception thread not handled

BSOD system exception thread not handled: HELP! Every time my laptop powers on it BSOD and shows the error code 'system exception thread not handled'. It will then auto-restart and work fine after this. Any ideas on how I can fix this initial boot issue would be great!...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD

System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD: Recently I've been getting the BSOD with the message "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. At first this happened maybe once a week, but it has gotten more and more frequent. Links to the dmp files:...
  7. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: My PC just had a BSOD. While following instructions from another post and running verifier my PC was stuck in a crash loop. Booted up after system restore kicked in, good thing I didn't skip the restore point step. I uploaded a .rar with 3 files: the MSinfo32, the older DMP...
  8. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: Hello :) I recently god this BSOD in an endless loop: STOP CODE: system thread exception not handled win ver: 2004 19041.572 I attach the V2 log as requested. Hopefully you can help me solve this issue. thank you so much! DESKTOP-HOLLOWC-(2020-12-11_20-19-28).zip 170250
  9. BSOD System thread exception not handled

BSOD System thread exception not handled: So, a few weeks ago I had a problem with daily blue screens. That problem got fixed since it was a driver that was the problem. Just now, I had another blue screen but this time it was a differant problem. I looked in the events but unfortantly I cannot see what the problem...
  10. System thread exception not handled on boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System thread exception not handled on boot: I have Dell Inspiron 15z running with Dell 10. My system got updated yesterday [June 18, 2020. PC shut down was normal. When I boot it today, am seeing System thread exception not handled iaStorAC.sys error on boot. It does %s and continue restart and end-up with same...