Windows 10: BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

Discus and support BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games. After a fair amount of trying to fix it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DCAntimony, Dec 14, 2015.

1. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games.
    After a fair amount of trying to fix it up with sfc, driver verifier and removing near anything I can think of that caused the bug, based on similar stories I finally managed to track it down to (3b), but past that I have no idea what actually causes the BSOD.

Any help'd be appreciated.

Attachment 53634

:)

DCAntimony, Dec 14, 2015

2. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system with Blue screen errors. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is Windows 10 pre-installed on your computer/ upgraded from previous operating system?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error messages?
    • Did you make any software/hardware changes to the computer prior to this issue?

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION:

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics driver’s crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

As it mainly seems to be an issues with the drivers, I suggest you to update all the drivers and also the chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the blue screen occurs.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process
    internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the system to Safe Mode with Networking wherein the computer starts with basic drivers and no third party programs. Check if you are still receiving the error message.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode then perform a
    Clean boot to
    check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Alex-Nigma, Dec 14, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

Please uninstall Avast and see if that helps.
    Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Code: ffffd001`699db4e8 fffff800`429a1472Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys aswSnx+0x81472 ffffd001`699db130 fffff800`42ab5a20Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys aswSP+0x55a20[/quote]
    Let me know how it goes *Smile

5. Let me know how it goes *Smile[/quote] Oh wow, the forums didn't give me an update to the topic.

Welp, going to try that now thanks for the reply! *Smile

/edit
    Done a minor stress test too and so far it looks fine!

DCAntimony, Dec 19, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Glad to hear that *Smile

Watch for a few days how it goes and let me know after the few days.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

1. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b) - Similar Threads - BSOD System_Service_Exception

2. need help bsod service SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and others by the driver ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help bsod service SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and others by the driver ntoskrnl.exe: Recently I have been having BSOD problems with the driver ntoskrnl.exe are several screens such as PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, im new in the pc world and don't know what to do...
  3. need help bsod service SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and others by the driver ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help bsod service SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and others by the driver ntoskrnl.exe: Recently I have been having BSOD problems with the driver ntoskrnl.exe are several screens such as PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, im new in the pc world and don't know what to do...
  4. need help bsod service SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and others by the driver ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  6. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  7. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD issues over multiple days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD issues over multiple days: I am starting a new discussion here because at this point I don't know what to try next, so I'll detail my issue thoroughly.For the past few days I've been having my Razer Blade 15 laptop BSOD randomly because of 2 particular bug checks, but one causing the other. First comes...
  8. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD issues over multiple days

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD issues over multiple days: I am starting a new discussion here because at this point I don't know what to try next, so I'll detail my issue thoroughly.For the past few days I've been having my Razer Blade 15 laptop BSOD randomly because of 2 particular bug checks, but one causing the other. First comes...
  9. been getting many BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    been getting many BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Event viewer shows me this as an error:Unable to start a DCOM Server: MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_424.1301.170.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy!WindowsUdk.UI.Shell.Dashboard.DashboardExtension as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147942402"Happened while starting this...
  10. been getting many BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

been getting many BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Event viewer shows me this as an error:Unable to start a DCOM Server: MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_424.1301.170.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy!WindowsUdk.UI.Shell.Dashboard.DashboardExtension as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147942402"Happened while starting this...