Windows 10: BSOD System_Service_Exception Ks.sys

Discus and support BSOD System_Service_Exception Ks.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently clean installed Windows 10. After reinstalling the drivers and software somewhere along the way my connection went down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shaolinn, Sep 6, 2015.

1. shaolinn Win User

BSOD System_Service_Exception Ks.sys

Hello,

I recently clean installed Windows 10. After reinstalling the drivers and software somewhere along the way my connection went down and wouldn't go back up. In the reboot process it froze, so I had to do a force shutdown. As soon as Windows 10 loaded I then received a BSOD System_Service_Exception Ks.sys error which restarted my computer every time. Only way I got my system not to constantly crash was to unplug the cable from the Ethernet card. After updating the Broadcom Network Adapters the error is now less frequent, but still occurs. In particular I've noticed when windows update attempts to run the crash occurs. Hopefully there is something specific causing this problem and I do not have to start the clean install process all over again.

Attachment 36231

Thanks in advance *Smile

:)

shaolinn, Sep 6, 2015
  2. A_Sameh Win User

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ks.sys)

i was using multiple things such as browser , adobe reader and intellij IDE . suddenly death screens appeared with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION , what failed : "ks.sys" .

A_Sameh, Sep 6, 2015
  3. y0himba Win User
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ks.sys)

I have let Windows update all the drivers for my system that have updates available. I have no idea what is causing ks.sys to error out.

y0himba, Sep 6, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi shaolinn,

Welcome to the 10forums.

It seems that both crashes are caused by McAfee.
    Please remove McAfee as follow
    • Remove McAfee in the apps (standard way)
    • Download the uninstall tool from this link (direct download link)
    • Double click the uninstall tool and follow the instructions

Information for using the uninstall tool

axe0, Sep 6, 2015
  5. shaolinn Win User
    Thanks for the quick response I have uninstalled Mcafee. After the reboot to check if the problem is resolved I ran Windows Update again and the problem reoccurred. It is trying to update a Creative driver if that is of any importance. Whocrashed seems to be pointing to this aswell. Also the crash seems to be occuring more frequent now within 5 minutes.Attachment 36236

shaolinn, Sep 6, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The creative camera was also flagged, but I'll give details about it later.

axe0, Sep 6, 2015
  7. shaolinn Win User
    That's odd the only creative device I use is a wireless headset. The camera itself is inbuilt in my dell monitor.
    I had to move to my laptop since the BSOD has become very erratic now and is crashing my system within minutes.

shaolinn, Sep 6, 2015
  8. shaolinn Win User

I seemed to have solved the problem. The culprit was virtual clone drive, as soon as I uninstalled it the BSOD stopped even when running windows update. Only now it won't let me reinstall Mcafee. Windows 10 was working fine with it up until the point I installed virtual clone drive. The uninstaller you linked me, seems to not remove all traces of Mcafee for it to be reinstalled properly. When trying to reinstall it I receive the error "We couldn't install any of the security features included with your software". I've also tried the Mcafee Preinstaller to no avail

shaolinn, Sep 6, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please follow the instructions given in this link and try to remove it again.

axe0, Sep 6, 2015
  10. shaolinn Win User
    Managed to get it done all Mcafee services were still running in the background. I just let customer support deal with it. Not going to go into detail but the link would have not worked.

Thanks for the help. Its the thought that counts.

shaolinn, Sep 6, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome.

Be sure to check for updates for the Creative Camera driver as it is 8 years old.
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm OA002Afxstart end module name fffff801`3a0e0000 fffff801`3a113f80 OA002Afx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: OA002Afx.sys Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\OA002Afx.sys Image name: OA002Afx.sys Timestamp: Fri Jun 08 10:00:36 2007 (46690CA4) CheckSum: 0003D8A4 ImageSize: 00033F80 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

12. shaolinn Win User
    [/quote] Yup you mentioned that before its an inbuilt camera for my dell monitor. It is quite old therefore the latest driver is still only from 2012 Link. And in this package I can't find any driver only old outdated software I never used in the first place.

shaolinn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD System_Service_Exception Ks.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD System_Service_Exception sys

2. Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys: Hi,I recently sometimes got BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys randomly.My computer is a 3 year old notebook. It is fine until recent month. I have no idea why this BSOD keep occurring. I also update the intel graphic driver. The frequency was reduced. But,...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys: Hi,I recently sometimes got BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys randomly.My computer is a 3 year old notebook. It is fine until recent month. I have no idea why this BSOD keep occurring. I also update the intel graphic driver. The frequency was reduced. But,...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Am having 1-2 times per week BSOD with same notice:Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONWhat failed: igdkmdnd64.sysThis is a relatively new Inspiron 7506 2n1 w/ souped up specs talking to a Dell WD19TB Thunderbolt dock and a pair of Dell S2421HS 1920 x 1080 monitors via...
  6. BSOD (dxgmms2.sys) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION every 10-20 min of Arma 2

BSOD (dxgmms2.sys) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION every 10-20 min of Arma 2: Hi, Since 2 days I am continuously getting BSOD while playing Arma 2 every 10 - 20 minutes of gameplay. It started with latest Windows 10 update i think. I uninstalled the only 3 windows update components from Programs and Features but still BSOD wasn't resolved....
  7. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b): Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games. After a fair amount of trying to fix it up with sfc, driver verifier and removing near anything I can think of that caused the bug, based on similar stories I finally...
  8. Bsod system_service_exception

Bsod system_service_exception: Hello there, I have just installed Windows 10 and this is happening very often: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION After googling about this I came to this forum. I followed this instructions ( but I don't know where to look for help. This is the link for my dump files...
  9. System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys)

System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys): Hello there guys, this has been bugging from a while now. I have been pulling my hair out and cannot seem to find the defect. It happens when I play AC:Revelations and it happens randomly I think, even though I haven't tested it out on anything specific just thought you guys...
  10. BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys

BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys: Hello, I an having issues with the BSOD error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys when i move my laptop from the table onto my lap. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 to try to remedy the problem from Windows 7. My computer is about 4 years old and I use it for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 ks.sys