Windows 10: BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys

Discus and support BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! For the last two weeks I first experience BSOD when I literally just opened my laptop. I really don't have an idea about what happened because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EllaineUP, Nov 1, 2020.

1. EllaineUP Win User

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys

Hello! For the last two weeks I first experience BSOD when I literally just opened my laptop. I really don't have an idea about what happened because I just update windows if there will be any updates available. When I ran my Dell SupportAssist, it gave me this information:

Bug check code 0x0000003b

Bug check parameters 0x00000000c0000005,

0xfffff8029b93710e,

0xffff9580e4946910,

0x0000000000000000

Device name Port Class Class Driver for Port/Miniport Devices

Driver version 10.0.19041.1 WinBuild.160101.0800

Driver path C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\portcls.sys

I hope you can give me advise for this one. Thank you!

:)

EllaineUP, Nov 1, 2020

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys)

I try to install newest Intel HD Graphics 4600 drivers on Windows 10, but get the BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys). I tried drivers from:

• Intel site
    • Asus (Motherboard manufacturer) site
    • Windows Update

This error come every time when trying to update the drivers. The Device Manager shows Microsoft generic VGA graphics adapter drivers and Intel drivers cannot be installed. The BSOD comes either while installing or after reboot.

The system has only Intel's onboard graphics.

How could I get Intel drivers installed without BSOD?

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys KdX1s.jpg

Timo Kähkönen, Nov 1, 2020
  3. KyleDick Win User
    KyleDick, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Rodgers74 Win User

BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Have been receiving a BSOD and I am hoping to get it solved. The error was stated as: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I have completed the steps in the "Driver
    Verification: BSOD
    " article. The link to the files is below:

http://1drv.ms/1ThiztX

Files Contained:

• .dmp (x2
    • MSinfo
    • Speccy System Specs
    Hopefully this can be easily resolved! Thanks for your time.

Rodgers74, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Failed

2. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys: Hi, I have just had a couple of my users which a BSOD with the error: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sysI have the Memory.dmp file, can anyone open it and see what may have caused the issue?...
  3. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys: Hi, I have just had a couple of my users which a BSOD with the error: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sysI have the Memory.dmp file, can anyone open it and see what may have caused the issue?...
  4. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys: I literally just opened my laptop and it happend. sometimes it happen after I open one or two apps and run it for some minutes. I really don't have an idea about what happened because I just install windows 10.there's an answer for the same problem. it's say that i have to...
  6. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys: I literally just opened my laptop and it happend. sometimes it happen after I open one or two apps and run it for some minutes. I really don't have an idea about what happened because I just install windows 10.there's an answer for the same problem. it's say that i have to...
  7. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION; What Failed: portcls.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Am having 1-2 times per week BSOD with same notice:Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONWhat failed: igdkmdnd64.sysThis is a relatively new Inspiron 7506 2n1 w/ souped up specs talking to a Dell WD19TB Thunderbolt dock and a pair of Dell S2421HS 1920 x 1080 monitors via...
  9. Repeated "Blue Screen of Death": SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION / What failed: Dot4.sys

Repeated "Blue Screen of Death": SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION / What failed: Dot4.sys: Hello, My Windows 10 Desktop has been crashing frequently over the last few weeks. It also crashed both yesterday and today, giving the same error: "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ... What failed: Dot4.sys". Can anyone help???...
  10. System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys)

System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys): Hello there guys, this has been bugging from a while now. I have been pulling my hair out and cannot seem to find the defect. It happens when I play AC:Revelations and it happens randomly I think, even though I haven't tested it out on anything specific just thought you guys...