Windows 10: BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently just reinstall windows 10 because i was getting problems and i just felt it would go away but I'm still getting the same error but i don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fus, Mar 9, 2017.

1. FUS
    fus Win User

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe

I recently just reinstall windows 10 because i was getting problems and i just felt it would go away but I'm still getting the same error but i don't how to fix it can anyone please help out. I ran some memtest to see if it was my ram but i passed 4/4 times Attachment 124503

:)

2. Windows 10 BSOD system thread exception not handled.

Hi,

Recently (past few months) I've been getting a lot of BSODs all saying SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have run a crash analysis program which says that the crash was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. However
    this is a windows file not a driver that can just be deleted and reinstalled. I have tried the windows recovery and it says that no errors were found.

All my drivers are up to date and I have also updated my BIOS. What else can I try?

My system is as follows:

Ryzen 5 1600

GTX 1060 6GB

Asrock AB350M pro4

8GB of RAM

JoeTurner2000, Mar 9, 2017
  3. I get "system thread exception not handled" error when finishing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Yes! Thank you.

setupmem.dmp 8/3/2016 12:26:17 AM
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e ffffffff`c000001d
    fffff801`c9d67109 ffffda81`32257518 ffffda81`32256d40
    ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+14f109 x64
    ntoskrnl.exe+14f109 C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp
    8 15 14393 152,628 8/3/2016 4:26:47 AM

It doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I suspect this is being caused by a driver for both OP and myself, but I'm not sure which.

MichaelSwengel, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

There was only one dump in the zip file and it didn't have much useful info unfortunately.

memory_corruption, probably caused by a device driver. Enable Driver Verifier and see if that gives us any information that helps id the cause.
    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to
    BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe [​IMG]
    and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun dm_log_collector and upload the resulting zip file.

Ztruker, Mar 10, 2017
  5. FUS
    fus Win User
    I'm not sure if driver verifier is on i did restart instead of reboot idk if that makes a difference but i got a lot of errorsAttachment 124673 thanks a lot

6. Ztruker Win User
    The 3/10 5:03PM dump was Driver Veriifier induced.
    Code: BugCheck C9, {310, fffff806f44c1c41, ffffb5038a7d9010, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FiiOE10.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FiiOE10.sys Probably caused by : FiiOE10.sys ( FiiOE10+1c41 )[/quote] The driver is old: 11/25/2012 9:54:28 PM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\FiiOE10.sys. It belongs to FiiO E10 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier.

Here is a similar problem in Windows 8.1: Solved BSOD 'BUGCODE_USB_DRIVE New Computer Build - Any Situation

Solution there was to remove the Headphone Amp as no newer drivers were available.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Hello, I've been having some difficulty with the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD for two days now. I've ran chkdsk, sfc scannow, and a memory diagnotic to determine my problems which all came back inconclusive. I've reinstalled my NVIDIA Geforce 660 GPU and my WD SSD...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled): I had gone out of station for a couple weeks and when I returned, my desktop refused to boot instead giving a BSOD. I analysed the generated dump file and it states that winquic.sys is responsible for the BSOD. I am able to boot fine in safe mode. Please help me to restore it...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...