Windows 10: BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.

Discus and support BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Deleted. Post was not relevant to thread. My apologies. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anders, Jan 1, 2016.

1. BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.

Deleted. Post was not relevant to thread.

My apologies.

INeedhelpMan, Jan 8, 2016
  2. anders Win User

Okay, so I've removed the GPU and switched on the PC. I can't see what it's doing, but my PC did cycle power once, which is what happens when the BSOD appears. So I guess it's now sat on the Windows troubleshoot screen?? What should I do now? Thanks.

anders, Jan 9, 2016
  3. axe0 New Member
    Do you have a spare hard drive you can use to test?

4. anders Win User

BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.

Yes, I have a brand new SSD, that I was going to install before this happened.

anders, Jan 9, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Use the SSD to install Windows 10, but it is recommended to have no hard drives connected other then the SSD.

If you can install Windows 10 on the SSD and have no problem after installation, then we can diagnose the hard drive where the bluescreens occur on.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

6. anders Win User
    Thanks. I've done a fresh install, all seems to be okay so far. Just letting it install all the latest updates, in case one of those is the root cause. Great Win 10 install guide BTW.

anders, Jan 10, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    When you're ready, connect the hard drive and test it. Only connect when already booted to prevent boot problems

BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode. [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

8. anders Win User

I ran chkdsk from the command line with the /r flag. No errors found (text file attached).

HDTune also no errors. The benchmark speeds vary through the test, but I ran it twice and profile was almost identical. Click for bigger screenshots below:

No error found on new SSD either, although I assume you're not interested in those results.

anders, Jan 10, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    I'd like to know what hard drive is giving the problem and what SSD you are using.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

10. anders Win User
    Done.
    The new drive I have Win 10 freshly installed on is: (1) Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    The drive with the old problem install is: (2) Crucial M4-CT128M4SSD2

I haven't added anything beyond Chrome and tools from this site to the new install.

anders, Jan 10, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    I assume you don't exactly remember if the cable was a little loosy?

12. anders Win User
    It didn't seem to be. II'll try booting off the old drive again with a different cable.

anders, Jan 10, 2016
  13. anders Win User

Tried with a different SATA and power cable, in a different connection on the motherboard. Still the same, can't even get into safe mode. Starting to look like a lost cause?

anders, Jan 10, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please check the connection of the hard drive, please make a photo of it and post it.

15. anders Win User
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you want. Do you want a photo of the physical connections on the SSD or a screenshot of something in Windows?

anders, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode. - Similar Threads - BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED boot

2. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi.I own a dell g5 SE. Yesterday, I downloaded three new updates from the dell update app. Successfully installed two, and the one remaining update was AMD Radeon graphics driver update. During the installation of this update, my laptop bluescreened, with the stopcode:...
  3. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi.I own a dell g5 SE. Yesterday, I downloaded three new updates from the dell update app. Successfully installed two, and the one remaining update was AMD Radeon graphics driver update. During the installation of this update, my laptop bluescreened, with the stopcode:...
  4. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE: I need help as soon as possible!How it got started:I was installing the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual network adapter in Device Manager. It took some time, but eventually it was successfully installed. Then I noticed ntoskrnl.exe CPU usage suddenly gone up. I immediately tried...
  6. BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED": After upgrading to the latest driver for my graphics card (RX 580) I started getting BSOD's so I installed the latest stable driver and now I'm still getting BSOD's in a boot loop (whenever I boot up to windows it waits a second then crashes). The error is...
  7. BSOD Screen unreadable, can't boot into windows (even safe mode)

BSOD Screen unreadable, can't boot into windows (even safe mode): Hi, I am trying to get my elderly fathers laptop running again. I suspect a windows update has happened and perhaps something is wrong with his video drivers perhaps. Anyways, his laptop is an HP Pavilion dv7, that I believe was factory loaded with a previous version of...
  8. Windows not even launching and booting me into safe mode

Windows not even launching and booting me into safe mode: So every time since I've replaced my motherboard and cpu ever time I boot my pc windows 10 dosent even launch and it boots me straight into safe mode and gives me error messages either saying CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or a :\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt I've tried...
  9. BSOD immediately after booting, System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

BSOD immediately after booting, System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: Hi, So this is the 4th time my PC has crashed because of the same file in the past 2 years. The file that is constantly causing the BSOD is rtsuvc.sys which is the Lenovo EasyCamera driver, ie Webcam driver. Error: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled File: rtsuvc.sys...
  10. Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode): Hi all, As the title describes. Attempted to turn on the computer about 1 week ago and it go stuck at the loading screen where the dots are circling. After leaving it for few hours, no change. I've removed unnecessary usb devices and disconnected other HDDs (leaving only...