Windows 10: BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled... only when playing games?

Discus and support BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled... only when playing games? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to find a fix for this but to no avail. I'm having a really hard time trying to pinpoint the cause of these BSODS... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TacticalMecha, Apr 15, 2020.

1. BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled... only when playing games?

Hello, I've been trying to find a fix for this but to no avail. I'm having a really hard time trying to pinpoint the cause of these BSODS...

I recently have had lots of blue screens that occur whenever I play a game. These games include DiRT Rally, Monster Hunter World, and Escape from Tarkov. The main blue screen that I get is system thread exception not handled. When the computer is idling or surfing the web, no BSODs occur. I have looked through the DMP files using BlueScreenView and have found that ntoskrnl is somehow related? I have tried rolling back drivers, have done chckdsk and sfcscan. Also, I have tried to reset my computer but the process always for some reason stops at 11-14% then the loading screen freezes up. Loading circle doesn't move If it helps to know, my computer also has had a few deadlock issues, where mouse input doesn't do anything and the computer screen freezes at the point it was just at.

The dump files are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

TacticalMecha, Apr 15, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Luke990 Win User
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY caused by ntoskrnl.exe BSOD when playing games

Whenever I try to play any games I crash every 5 - 10 minutes with a BSOD error of SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY. I've already checked my windows files and none are corrupt, I've checked my RAM with Windows Memory
    Diagnostic and Memtest86 for 10+ hours. Also I have replaced my GPU. I've uploaded everything I think you need to help me here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4DG2rIM041kWWlvUHlKVkhHSjQ

Luke990, Apr 15, 2020
  4. BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled... only when playing games?

BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Ethan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on your system. We will certainly help you.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

We suggest you to kindly follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue and the result of troubleshooting. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled... only when playing games?

1. BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled... only when playing games? - Similar Threads - BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled playing

2. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Only When Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Only When Playing Games: I'm getting random BSODs only when playing games, caused by ntoskrnl.exe dmp.zip, I tried all recommended solutions:First I took my pc to a pc repair shop, they said they updated the bios. but that didnt help, then I took it to another pc repair shop and got new ram sticks....
  3. BSOD error when playing games only

BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  4. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  5. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  6. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  7. BSOD: Only crashes when playing games

BSOD: Only crashes when playing games: Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu,...
  8. BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) only when playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) only when playing games: I built my computer this February and I have been having a reoccurring BSOD whenever I play any games that are heavily demanding. Below are the components of my computer: ASRock B450m Steel LegendAMD Ryzen 2700XGeforce GTX 970 SCCorsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM...
  9. BSOD only when playing games

BSOD only when playing games: Hello, Lately i have been getting frequent bsod only while playing one certain game (fortnite). I have tried troubleshooting using the steps provided on the windows website but haven't got into a solution. So i am suspicious of my microphone (audio driver) to be causing...
  10. "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" when gaming

"SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" when gaming: Hello, I recently bought a GTX 1080 and installed 32gb of ram to my rig. I was playing Witcher 3 and Warhammer until I got this error message that I have no idea what it could be. I ran Memtest for 3 runs with no effect. I ran driver verifier and it found one faulty driver...