Windows 10: BSOD - systems_service_exception ks.sys

Discus and support BSOD - systems_service_exception ks.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Receiving this error I have reviewed many posts to this forum. I feel convinced my problem is related to the Creative Web Cam drivers (OA002*.sys), but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hudsxn827, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Hudsxn827 Win User

BSOD - systems_service_exception ks.sys

Receiving this error I have reviewed many posts to this forum. I feel convinced my problem is related to the Creative Web Cam drivers (OA002*.sys), but I cannot seem to get rid of it. I have uninstalled and I have deleted/renamed the drivers but on ever launch I get the same BSOD and the drivers reappear. Any help appreciated. Logs attached.

Thanks,
    Greg

:)

Hudsxn827, Jun 26, 2016

2. BSOD loop with ks.sys error after creators' update

Hi

I'm on a Windows 10 Pro machine. Everything was working fine and then it prompted me to Update. I went with it and there was trouble updating, it would end up in BSOD and then roll back the update. The last time before I tried to update I quit my antivirus
    (avast premier) and then restarted. This time the update worked but now when windows boots up I just see the desktop for a few seconds and then I get another BSOD with a ks.sys error. I've uninstalled my antivirus for now and still the BSOD keeps coming up.
    I've read that ks.sys errors are related to driver issues but except for my in-built monitor webcam driver rest everything is fine. Please find latest 3 minidump files in the ondrive link below. Hope to get some help soon.

Minidump.zip

bloodsells, Jun 26, 2016
  3. nm3210 Win User
    Windows 10 build 10162 - USB webcam causes system crash

I'm still having this issue on build Windows 10 (x64 Pro) 10240 using the SP2309W monitor's built-in usb webcam/mic.

The BSOD error that occurs when plugging the USB in is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ks.sys). If I plug the usb into a different USB port (for the first time), however, everything works perfectly fine - the webcam shows up and microphone
    works great, so I presume the device isn't completely unsupported or SOL. But if you then restart the computer you get a BSOD upon startup with the same message as above.

Looking at the minidumps, I get this information (a few crashes posted):

This was probably caused by the following module:
    ks.sys (ks+0x17C0)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80042BB17C0, 0xFFFFD00146C89D40, 0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801312917C0, 0xFFFFD0008A7E5D40, 0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000DEC17C0, 0xFFFFD00197918D40, 0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801AF8317C0, 0xFFFFD0019AA61D40, 0x0)

Not sure if that means anything to anyone, but it'd be awesome if this was fixed!

nm3210, Jun 26, 2016
  4. Hudsxn827 Win User

Reply with updated zip file

Hudsxn827, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Hudsxn827 Win User
    I realize my last posts included diagnostics while running in Safe Mode. This diagnostic is running in normal boot mode. Thanks for assistance.

Hudsxn827, Jun 26, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    The Latest dump indicates a problem with OA002Afx.sys. This belongs to Creative. In your case I agree, it's the camera.

Looking at the specs for your PC, it does not come with a Camera so you musty have added it, right?

How have you tried to uninstall it? Control Panel, Programs and Features? Give Revo Uninstaller a try, see if it does a better, permanent job.

You could also try disabling it from Device Manager or Uninstall it from there and select the uninstall driver choice if offered.

Ztruker, Jun 26, 2016
  7. Hudsxn827 Win User
    Thank you for the review and reply. The camera is integrated with the monitor, which I had prior to buying the Dell. I have tried uninstalling. I have tried disabling. I even went to the files manually under ...\system32\drivers and renamed/removed them. I have done this in both safe mode and standard mode, but on every subsequent restart, it comes back. It seems to be acting very virus like.

I can try the Revo uninstaller, and do you have any other possible suggestions? For example, is there a way for me to disable from the startup process or something? Thanks.

Hudsxn827, Jun 26, 2016
  8. Hudsxn827 Win User

Oh, also, I have tried uninstalling via Control Panel and it no longer shows up there. The place where it continues to re-appear in in Device Manager under Imaging devices - that is the place where I continue to attempt to uninstall and disable, but it keeps coming back.

Hudsxn827, Jun 26, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Open a Elevated Command Prompt.
    Type pnputil -e > oemDdrivers.txt and press Enter.
    Upload oemDrivers.txt and attach to a post here please.

Ztruker, Jun 27, 2016
  10. Hudsxn827 Win User
    The txt file is attached. My suspicion, since the camera is built into the monitor, each time I launch after removing the drivers, Windows reinstalls it for me because it is part of the monitor? Thanks again for your help.

Hudsxn827, Jun 27, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Code: Published name : oem26.inf Driver package provider : Creative Technology Ltd. Class : Imaging devices Driver date and version : 06/15/2009 2.00.19.00 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem16.inf Driver package provider : Creative Technology Ltd. Class : Imaging devices Driver date and version : 08/04/2008 1.01.02.0804 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher[/quote] Let's see if this gets rid of it:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt.
    Type pnputil -d oem26.inf and press Enter.
    Type pnputil -d oem16.inf and press Enter.

That should remove all support for the camera.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - systems_service_exception ks.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD systems_service_exception sys

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  4. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys: Hi guys, Let me first start off by saying I'm not too technical when it comes to the fine details of troubleshooting. This morning I installed a Windows update, upon downloading it and signing in I BSOD'ed and was given the error message ".cpuz141_x64.sys". Every single time...
  6. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and wdf01000.sys: In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below) On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  7. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  8. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...