Windows 10: BSOD then blinking cursor on boot

Discus and support BSOD then blinking cursor on boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was playing a game and then suddenly got a BSOD that said Hardware failure. Now it boots to the blinking cursor black screen. I can get into the bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mlmoberly, Oct 20, 2020.

1. BSOD then blinking cursor on boot

I was playing a game and then suddenly got a BSOD that said Hardware failure. Now it boots to the blinking cursor black screen. I can get into the bios and both SSD's are detected, along with all other Hardware.

The only wierd thing was that my boot drive had changed automatically, however after changing it back I am still getting the blinking cursor on boot. Is my SSD damaged? If not, What are potential fixes for this?

submitted by /u/mlmoberly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mlmoberly, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Steve1380 Win User

Blank Screen, Blinking Cursor

Windows 10 PC crashed, now have blank screen with blinking cursor in upper left, can't boot -- suggestions for how to connect, please?

Steve1380, Oct 20, 2020
  3. blank screen with blinking cursor at boot to win10

Upgraded to windows 10.

Everything worked great for a few weeks. Recently turned off the computer and can't boot to windows anymore. The computer gets stuck on blank screen with blinking cursor. Will not show any win 10 screens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

andrewa_333, Oct 20, 2020
  4. BSOD then blinking cursor on boot

Fast blinking cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the cursor blinking constantly on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the Cursor blink rate is set to Fast.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it sets the Cursor blink rate to normal. Here's how:

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

3. Click on Keyboard, Keyboard Properties window opens, set the
    Cursor blink rate as you wish.

4. Click on Apply and OK, check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

BSOD then blinking cursor on boot

1. BSOD then blinking cursor on boot - Similar Threads - BSOD blinking cursor

2. On boot there is a single blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On boot there is a single blinking cursor: Can't find a way to boot up. Installation USB stick doesn't work. Allowed priority boot for USB. Nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-boot-there-is-a-single-blinking-cursor/4b12adc0-b017-4445-8a5d-0cdeb3df033b
  3. On boot there is a single blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On boot there is a single blinking cursor: Can't find a way to boot up. Installation USB stick doesn't work. Allowed priority boot for USB. Nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-boot-there-is-a-single-blinking-cursor/4b12adc0-b017-4445-8a5d-0cdeb3df033b
  4. On boot there is a single blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On boot there is a single blinking cursor: Can't find a way to boot up. Installation USB stick doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-boot-there-is-a-single-blinking-cursor/4b12adc0-b017-4445-8a5d-0cdeb3df033b
  5. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  6. Blinking Cursor off USB Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blinking Cursor off USB Boot: I have recently been having problems with my pc so I’ve decided to reinstall windows. I downloaded a windows 10 ISO with the media creation tool and used Rufus to burn it onto a usb. When I try to boot off of it, it just shows a blinking underscore than restarts my pc. Been...
  7. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  8. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...