Windows 10: BSoD Thread stuck in device driver - while gaming

Discus and support BSoD Thread stuck in device driver - while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have very recently started having issues while playing WOW were after a few minutes of play time I get a BSoD saying that there is a thread stuck in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mdmorgan9, Aug 4, 2016.

1. mdmorgan9 Win User

BSoD Thread stuck in device driver - while gaming

I have very recently started having issues while playing WOW were after a few minutes of play time I get a BSoD saying that there is a thread stuck in the device driver. I have tried everything online that I could find, tried updating drivers ( I have an AMD Radeon R7 card), tried shutting down all my background processes, tried uninstalling and getting a clean install of drivers...nothing is working. This is only a problem within the last month, after WOW release their 7.0.3 patch, and it only happens while playing WOW, not while in any other programs or online. I have submitted a ticket to WOW and am still waiting for their take on things, but is there something else that I should be doing to fix whatever is broken?

Here is the dump file.
    Attachment 94219

Please help!

:)

mdmorgan9, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Timmyctc Win User
    Timmyctc, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Thread stuck in device driver BSOD

I have a Lenovo C40 all-in-one computer operating Windows 10. For the past 3 weeks I have been having Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD. It is always associated with rendering videos with Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum. I had used the program successfully
    for over a year on this computer without issues until very recently. I have checked for driver updates, turned back Windows 10 updates (each of these seemed to help for one video, then the problem returns). I have also upgraded my program to a newer version.
    Still the same error occurs. There is an AMD Radeon R4 Graphics chipset (AMD A6-6310 APU) which checks out as functioning with the newest drivers. I'm not very computer savvy, and I've reached the end of my skills. I have tried to create ZIP archives of
    the minidump files from the last 3 crashes (2 today so far, 1 yesterday) to share for help, but I'm getting "access denied" when I try to archive with WinRAR. Please help.

MrAngryBird, Aug 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi mdmorgan9,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

What exactly is your model number?
    The information I have isn't specific enough, it is kind of a series that I have.

You have your AMD drivers from AMD directly I assume, given the date of the drivers.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSoD Thread stuck in device driver - while gaming [​IMG]

BSoD Thread stuck in device driver - while gaming [​IMG]

axe0, Aug 4, 2016
  5. mdmorgan9 Win User
    The download keeps sending me to a Windows 7 forum, but I have uploaded all of my system specs to to my account. Thanks again for looking and let me know if I need to get you any more information!

mdmorgan9, Aug 7, 2016
  6. derekimo Win User
    That's one of our sister sites,

Attachment 94853

derekimo, Aug 7, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Your model number is what is needed as mentioned *Smile

You may be able to find it on the back of your laptop or through the HP utility for scanning. If you choose to run the HP utility, please do NOT install any driver or software it may offer.

axe0, Aug 7, 2016
  8. mdmorgan9 Win User

Sorry, and thank you for baring with me. The model number is :

m6-n113dx

Thanks again for all the work.

mdmorgan9, Aug 7, 2016
  9. mdmorgan9 Win User
    Please let me know if there is anything else you need. I am trying to decide if I need to dump this computer and just buy a new one before school starts for the kids.

Thanks again.

mdmorgan9, Aug 8, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Sorry for the delay.

Could you check on the HP support page for BIOS updates? I cannot find any

11. mdmorgan9 Win User
    There are no BIOS updates listed, but there are a whole host of other updates I was able to find...

Driver-Audio (1)

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver
    6.0.1.7548 Rev.A 278.7 MB Jun 26, 2016 Download
    HP's Terms of Use Details

Driver-Chipset (2)

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver
    1.20 Rev.A 5.5 MB Jan 22, 2016 Download
    Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver
    1.20 Rev.A 40.5 MB Jan 22, 2016 Download

Driver-Graphics - AMD (1)

AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver
    15.200.1055.0 Rev.A 408.1 MB Jul 18, 2016 Download

Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices (2)

Synaptics TouchPad Driver
    19.0.12.95 Rev.A 199.4 MB Jun 29, 2016 Download
    Realtek Card Reader Driver
    1.20 Rev.A 9.0 MB Oct 25, 2015 Download

Driver-Network (4)

Intel Bluetooth Driver
    18.1.1533.1834 Rev.H 19.6 MB Aug 6, 2016 Download
    HP's Terms of Use DetailsPrevious versions
    MediaTek (Ralink) Bluetooth Software Driver
    11.0.761.0 Rev.A 87.4 MB Jul 18, 2016 Download
    MediaTek (Ralink) Wireless LAN Adapter Driver
    5.0.57.0 Rev.A 29.9 MB Jul 18, 2016 Download
    Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver
    1.20 Rev.A 6.0 MB Jan 22, 2016 Download

Driver-Storage (2)

Realtek Card Reader Driver
    1.20 Rev.A 10.7 MB Jan 22, 2016 Download
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
    12.9.0.1001 Rev. 17.8 MB Sep 4, 2015 Download

Diagnostic (1)

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
    6.1.1.0 Rev.A 22.2 MB Aug 9, 2016 Download
    HP's Terms of Use DetailsPrevious versions

Software-Solutions (3)

HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection)
    6.0.28.1 Rev.A 32.1 MB Aug 7, 2016 Download
    ENERGY STAR Qualified Power Plan
    1.0.9 Rev.B 4.1 MB Aug 6, 2016 Download
    HP System Event Utility
    1.40 Rev.A 3.3 MB Aug 5, 2016 Download

Not to be a total idiot but should I already have downloaded these? Or should I be skipping them? Is one of them the cause of my problem?

...I'm such a noob...

mdmorgan9, Aug 9, 2016
  12. mdmorgan9 Win User
    FYI, the BIOS I have listed is:

BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.22, 1/26/2015

mdmorgan9, Aug 9, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

I'll digg in the files and provide suggestion(s) for a next step tomorrow when I wake up. I had something in mind, but can't remember for what and what it was.

To answer your questions, you could if there are updates *Smile
    Please don't call yourself 'noob', most of us were in the same position as you are some time ago. Ask any question you want and you get an answer *Smile

I know, your BIOS information is in a few places present in the files *Smile

14. mdmorgan9 Win User
    I did just see that the graphics driver had an update release that coincides exactly with when I first started having problems. But when I check on the AMD website they do not have any updates for me...

Driver-Graphics - AMD (1)

AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver 15.200.1055.0 Rev.A 408.1 MB Jul 18, 2016 Download

Please tell me that it is possibly this easy of a fix. Or don't because then that would mean I am a colossal bone head.

mdmorgan9, Aug 9, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    AMD isn't where you should get your drivers from, you should get your drivers from HP.

Thema:

1. BSoD Thread stuck in device driver - while gaming - Similar Threads - BSoD Thread stuck

2. BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver: I recently got my pc built and I've noticed that when I'm playing games or doing other stuff, it sometimes starts to feel a little choppy and laggy-ish and then it crashes giving the error Thread Stuck in Device DriverIt has happened alot of times with me, it works perfectly...
  3. BSOD thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD thread stuck in device driver: Hi, I have been getting the BSOD on my new pc. Here are the specs: Motherboard: asrock b450m hdv r4.0 Bios version p3.70 Cpu: ryzen 3 3200g part # yd3200c5fhbox Ram: 1x8gb gskill aegis 3000 mhz Ssd: kingston 120gb Psu: 400watt Os: windows 10 pro fully updated Drivers:...
  4. Thread stuck in device driver BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread stuck in device driver BSOD: Hello everyone, I have been having this error while playing X-Plane 11. I am reinstalling it as I am typing. I updated all my drivers to the newest version including my RX Vega 54. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  5. BSOD Device driver stuck in thread

BSOD Device driver stuck in thread: Have no clue why i get this, all my drivers are updated to the newest. Here`s a link to a folder with my dump files and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgdnkJ74kZzOlX34CFIrFWZBPnYQ?e=p12wbi...
  6. BSOD - Thread Stuck in Device Driver

BSOD - Thread Stuck in Device Driver: Hello I bought this PC, second-hand, works great in many ways but every so often I get the BSOD with the above stop code. I've updated all drivers in Device Manager and all Windows Updates are fine. Not sure what else to do Here is the link to my dmp and msinfo files....
  7. Thread Stuck In Device Drivers While Playing Games

Thread Stuck In Device Drivers While Playing Games: Hello! I have been having this BSOD error for the last 4-5 months, however it sometimes stops for multiple weeks, but it always comes back. Recently i have been getting this issue guaranteed every time i play a graphically intensive games. There's no set time for when this...
  8. BSOD While Gaming - Thread Stuck in Device Driver

BSOD While Gaming - Thread Stuck in Device Driver: Hello TenForums, I've been battling a troublesome BSOD issue over the course of months now, and really getting frustrated. During gaming, I've been getting a BSOD saying Thread Stuck in Device Driver at strange times. It doesn't always seem to be consistant. Here are a few...
  9. BSOD Thread stuck in device driver

BSOD Thread stuck in device driver: Here is my computer: A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core, FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker Occasionally when I'm multitasking on the computer, it will have this error: Attachment 99662 I will attach all logs in a compressed file for your viewing pleasure:...
  10. BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver

BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver: Every so often (once every two or three weeks) it's quite random, normally when playing games. The game normally freezes and then the BSOD occurs. I am quite good with computers on the basic side of things but all this BSOD solving seems quite complicated so I might get a...