Windows 10: BSOD Unexpected Kernel trap, did everything I could think of and still BSOD

Discus and support BSOD Unexpected Kernel trap, did everything I could think of and still BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting repeated BSOD on my machine. I've did MEMtest and it was good, I updated my BIOS, I did chkdsk, I did a sfc /scan, I updated my drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnnynguyen1, Dec 31, 2019.

1. BSOD Unexpected Kernel trap, did everything I could think of and still BSOD

I keep getting repeated BSOD on my machine. I've did MEMtest and it was good, I updated my BIOS, I did chkdsk, I did a sfc /scan, I updated my drivers, Intel driver assistance said all my drivers are updated and I ran out of what to do.

:)

johnnynguyen1, Dec 31, 2019
  2. IvanWong5 Win User

[Windows 10 BSOD] Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD always appears when I try to update Windows 10 or reset the PC.

I've tried many solutions, such as:

-Disconnecting external devices

-Booting in safe mode

-Memory diagnostic

-chkdsk

none of which worked. Any suggestions to this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

IvanWong5, Dec 31, 2019
  3. unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Do you get the error message/BSOD only when you uninstall, reinstall, etc third party app?

The error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap. This trap could be a
    bound trap (a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch) or a double fault (a fault that occurred while processing an earlier fault, which always results in a system failure).

To know the exact cause of the BSOD, I suggest that you provide the Dump files that were produced when the error occurred, or the Event ID from your Event Viewer which was recorded during the time of the crash.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 31, 2019
  4. ETL
    ETL Win User

BSOD Unexpected Kernel trap, did everything I could think of and still BSOD

BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap minidump

Updated recently to Windows 1809 (right when it came out, actually. Foolish of me, since the next day I started hearing about lots of people losing their data from this update. Thankfully I still have my data, but I HAVE started getting Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSODs fairly often. Computer restarts too quickly for me to write down the error codes, but there are several. I believe the first two started with FFFA... and FFF8... but I don't remember the rest of either code, or what the other ones started with (but there were like four or five error codes all listed in the corner of the screen).

Can't figure out what's triggering the BSODs, but it seems to happen at some point after I've launched MS Word (which is a problem, as I'm a writer), and seems to happen mostly after the pc has been woken up from sleep mode. I read online that it could be a driver problem, but all my drivers are up-to-date, or a RAM problem, but I ran mdsched.exe (extended) and it turned up no errors.

Here's the Minidump for the most recent BSOD. Could someone please analyze it and tell me what you think the most likely culprit and fix is?

Thanks a million!

(Running Windows 10 Home 1809, build 17763.1, on Asus Q302LA, SMBIOS version 2.7)

Thema:

BSOD Unexpected Kernel trap, did everything I could think of and still BSOD

1. BSOD Unexpected Kernel trap, did everything I could think of and still BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD Unexpected Kernel

2. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hi all,I have a Windows 10 Intel Gaming Inspiron 15 that has recently been blue screening with the error Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap. I have not installed any new hardware recently, I have updated Windows and all drivers from OEM and/or developer websites to their latest...
  3. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hello, sorry if I've ran over a few rules first time posting but I've encountered a problem. Every time I try to connect a bluetooth device to my hp 15-da0007tx laptop. I've run bluescreenview and it tells me that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause. However after reading for a while...
  4. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hello, sorry if I've ran over a few rules first time posting but I've encountered a problem. Every time I try to connect a bluetooth device to my hp 15-da0007tx laptop. I've run bluescreenview and it tells me that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause. However after reading for a while...
  5. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD: I got the following BSOD today. Ran the typical gamut of system tests dism, sfc, memory diagnostic and didn't find any issues. No temperature issues or other event viewer errors and nothing is overclocked unless you count the XMP profile for my RAM.This is the .dmp file I...
  6. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Greetings!Ive been encountering a lot of problems in my computer last few week.Last time it was a driver issue problem solvedNow it generated this BSOD. "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap" . Can someone help me to identify the problem?Here is the DMP...
  7. BSOD unexpected kernel trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD unexpected kernel trap: So I’ve only ever gotten blue screens with two programs the first being Apex Legends which I resolved the 2nd being For Honor which I have yet to still resolve. The blue screen was happening on startup but it stopped doing that but now it happens every time I alt tab from the...
  8. BSOD unexpected kernel trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD unexpected kernel trap: So I’ve only ever gotten blue screens with two programs the first being Apex Legends which I resolved the 2nd being For Honor which I have yet to still resolve. The blue screen was happening on startup but it stopped doing that but now it happens every time I alt tab from the...
  9. BSOD unexpected kernel trap

10. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD: Hello, I've been having an issue where I get a BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap while playing the Halo Master Chief Collection for PC. From what I understand this issue is caused by out of date drivers. I have run windows update to make sure I have my most recent drivers...