Windows 10: BSOD, unexpected shutdown, games constantly crashing. I cannot figure out the problem.

Discus and support BSOD, unexpected shutdown, games constantly crashing. I cannot figure out the problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A couple weeks ago there were a few power outages and my PC had a bit of trouble starting up after that happened and would BSOD or just freeze every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SethTadd, Oct 31, 2020.

1. SethTadd Win User

BSOD, unexpected shutdown, games constantly crashing. I cannot figure out the problem.

A couple weeks ago there were a few power outages and my PC had a bit of trouble starting up after that happened and would BSOD or just freeze every couple hours.

Now it seems to be performing better but when I try to play a game it will randomly close out unexpectedly and sometimes BSOD within a few minutes to an hour. Google Chrome will also give the "Aw, snap" error when I am watching YouTube sometimes.

I've tried replacing the power supply unit

I've tried re-installing windows through EUFI bios, the option which uninstalls all programs and re-installs windows, but keeps personal files

I've tried re-flashing the GPU firmware

I've checked that the SSD is okay

I've included the latest 3 minidump as well as the MEMORY.DMP files hoping that someone might be able to look at those and get an idea of why it's crashing? Any help would be very appreciated.

Next I will try flashing my bios and swapping out the GPU to see if either of those are the issue.

Dump files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z-S3HfAlyp4wWSk6eJQFV4InugECM677/view?usp=sharing

Here is the latest problem details most recent BSOD:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 139

Parameter 1: 1d

Parameter 2: fffff30380e5a300

Parameter 3: fffff30380e5a258

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

:)

SethTadd, Oct 31, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Pc Crashes into BSOD

After completing the steps in post #12 indicate whether there are BSOD or unexpected shutdowns and restarts.
    Having hardware components available as the next step will be useful.

zbook, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Unexpected BSOD

I thought every BSOD is unexpected, apparently sometimes they are... *Smile BSOD, unexpected shutdown, games constantly crashing. I cannot figure out the problem. :)

blueskynis, Oct 31, 2020
  4. BSOD, unexpected shutdown, games constantly crashing. I cannot figure out the problem.

Unexpected Shutdown

Hi

Please see response to your questions below

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    No changes other than about a month ago reinstalling W10.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Other than checking updates have successfully installed, none as not sure approach to take.

• What was the exact error code/message you have received?
    No error code or message received. On the first occasion I was looking at outlook and without any warning the PC shutdown. It was almost as if it was a desktop (it is a laptop) and the power stopped. The laptop was plugged into the mains and in addition
    the battery had a full a full charge.

On restarting the laptop no error message came up and I only noted a small difference in boot up, that for a short period a blue screen was displayed (not normally seen on boot up) and then the start screen appeared for me to log in.

As mentioned previously the only reference to this is from the log which in the summary states that there was an unexpected shutdown.

GrahamDavies571, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

BSOD, unexpected shutdown, games constantly crashing. I cannot figure out the problem.

1. BSOD, unexpected shutdown, games constantly crashing. I cannot figure out the problem. - Similar Threads - BSOD unexpected shutdown

2. Games Keep Crashing, Troubleshooting but Cannot Figure Out Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Keep Crashing, Troubleshooting but Cannot Figure Out Fix: Hello,Built A brand new PC 3 months ago. Everything working great until a few weeks ago. Specs: Windows 11, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Zotac RTX 3060 12gb , Asrock B650 PG Lightning, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TBNvme, Corsair Veng DDR5 32GB, EVGA 750WMy games crash Chivalry2, Sea of...
  3. Games Keep Crashing, Troubleshooting but Cannot Figure Out Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games Keep Crashing, Troubleshooting but Cannot Figure Out Fix: Hello,Built A brand new PC 3 months ago. Everything working great until a few weeks ago. Specs: Windows 11, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Zotac RTX 3060 12gb , Asrock B650 PG Lightning, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TBNvme, Corsair Veng DDR5 32GB, EVGA 750WMy games crash Chivalry2, Sea of...
  4. The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Can't figure out what happened.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Can't figure out what happened.: Received my GPU back from an RMA yesterday and overnight the system shutdown unexpectedly and now the GPU doesn't work again. According to the shutdown logs, about 18 minutes before the shutdown I started receiving WHEA-Logger warnings stating that "a corrected hardware error...
  5. The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Can't figure out what happened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Can't figure out what happened.: Received my GPU back from an RMA yesterday and overnight the system shutdown unexpectedly and now the GPU doesn't work again. According to the shutdown logs, about 18 minutes before the shutdown I started receiving WHEA-Logger warnings stating that "a corrected hardware error...
  6. The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Can't figure out what happened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD Unexpected shutdown.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Unexpected shutdown.: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎7/‎23/‎2021 6:38 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: d1Parameter 1: fffff8067f0f2720Parameter 2: 7Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: fffff8068bebfd3bOS version: 10_0_19041Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  8. Unexpected Shutdowns and BSODs

Unexpected Shutdowns and BSODs: Hey, For the past few days, I've been experiencing sudden shutdowns with some static noise in the background and BSODs, I managed to pull up event viewer and found the following error. Event ID: 41 "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  9. BSOD and unexpected shutdowns

BSOD and unexpected shutdowns: Hi, I have had a series of unexpected shutdowns. I have linked the minidump files below. PLEASE HELP!!! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AilzUgb0IgzLgpgoBqDG9Tqpkht95w?e=Q9lpfi...
  10. Constantly getting random 9f BSOD crashes, cannot figure out the solution

Constantly getting random 9f BSOD crashes, cannot figure out the solution: Hi all, I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and also added a m.2 SSD and new GPU to my PC. About two weeks after putting it together I got my first 9f crash and they have been pretty constant, albeit very random, ever since. It will black screen and reboot, if there was...