Windows 10: BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when system wakes up from sleep.

Discus and support BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when system wakes up from sleep. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My Windows has been crashing since I installed it. I've attached the logs as suggested on the page detailing the BSOD Posting Instructions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ten64BitUser, Feb 2, 2018.

1. BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when system wakes up from sleep.

Hello,

My Windows has been crashing since I installed it. I've attached the logs as suggested on the page detailing the BSOD Posting Instructions.

My observation suggests that the crash usually happens when I wake my computer from sleep. It never happen when shutting down/restarting the system. It doesn't happen in my regular usage of this system either! (And I don't play Games on my system so that scenario may also please be ruled out.) However, it isn't like it happens whenever I wake my system from sleep.

I ran the Dell's built-in diagnostics. The machine passed all the tests. (The option to run these diagnostic comes when I press F12 when the laptop boots).

Kindly suggest what I should do to remedy this problem.

:)

Ten64BitUser, Feb 2, 2018
  2. soccer81 Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screen Error

I uninstalled the video driver (AMD Radeon HD 7700) and reinstalled from the AMD website this morning and received another unexpected store exception error this evening after waking the pc from sleep.

soccer81, Feb 2, 2018
  3. soccer81 Win User
    Windows 10 Blue Screen Error

I recently upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and have had issues almost everyday. The main issue I'm having now is waking the computer from sleep, the screen stays black with a cursor, and then brings up the blue screen and either says Unexpected Store Exception
    or Critical Process Denied. Also, occasionally when a windows has been left up on the screen for a long period of time it will freeze the window or even the screen.

soccer81, Feb 2, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when system wakes up from sleep.

BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when system wakes up from sleep. [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

axe0, Feb 2, 2018
  5. Hi Axe!

I ran the HDTune software and the results were as follows:

Regarding SeaTools, I wanted to ask. Mine is an SSHD. Would the results of running Seatools on an SSHD be considered valid?

Ten64BitUser, Feb 5, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Don't think so, I believe the SSD part is only in the boot part?

Your hard drive doesn't look very good, seems it's at the end of life.

axe0, Feb 5, 2018
  7. Hi axe0,

I'm not sure whether the SSD part is only in the boot part. Is there a way I can confirm this?

And please also you explain a little as to why you think that the hard disk isn't in good shape.

And regarding Seatools, should I run the Seatools on my SSHD?

Ten64BitUser, Feb 8, 2018
  8. axe0 New Member

A new average hard drive's speed is around 100MB/s - 150MB/s, or 150MB/s - 200MB/s depending on if there are bottlenecks in the system.

After a few years, a hard drive ages and some notice performance degradation, at that point the hard drive's speed is usually around 50MB/s - 100MB/s.

Your hard drive is between 0MB/s - 25MB/s, meaning it is very old, the performance isn't what it used to be and slowly the hard drive will physically degradate, it will fail and your system gets more and more problems regarding performance and reading/writing data to/from the drive.
    The issues with reading/writing results in a few specific BSODs (usually), the performance issue usually results in freezing problems.

If I'm wrong regarding the age of the drive and you have warranty, use the warranty to replace the drive and backup your data beforehands.
    Either way, I would recommend to replace the hard drive and backup data beforehands.

axe0, Feb 8, 2018
  9. Hi axe0,

You might indeed be correct regarding the age of the Hard Disk. My laptop is going to be 6 years old now. It was bought sometime in 2012.

My laptop is under extended warranty. Can I prod Dell to replace this laptop's Hard Disk because of the degrade in performance?

Ten64BitUser, Feb 9, 2018
  10. axe0 New Member
    Not for degrade in performance, but for stability.
    To prevent data corruption that could occur when the drive starts to physically fail and ultimately to prevent boot issues.

11. Hi axe0,

The Dell engineer did the following:
    • Disabled all non-Microsoft Services.
    • Disabled all startup items.

After this, he asked me to run the HDTune software and surprisingly, the performance improved significantly.

I'm at a complete loss of words with this. He insists that I format my hard disk, remove Windows 8 from the laptop, and install Windows 10 and other applications afresh. Since this would be a major undertaking, could you please help me understand this phenomenon? How did the hard disk performance improve so significantly?

Also, I have a concern. Even after disabling the startup items and non-microsoft services, the minimum transfer rate is 40 MB/sec. Is that acceptable? Or is it severe enough to cause BSODs?

Lastly, does dual booting affect system performance/stability in any significant manner? I've have had dual booting machines before...had Windows XP with Ubuntu on an old desktop, have two copies of Windows 7 installed on my other laptop...but never once did I face any such issue. Should I believe this Dell engineer?

P.S.: Windows 8 came pre-installed on my laptop. But I use Windows 10. I've kept Windows 8 installed on the laptop for just-in-case scenarios, giving only 14.5GB drive space to it, of which 10.25GB is occupied.

Ten64BitUser, Feb 14, 2018
  12. axe0 New Member
    When you install programs, each of them could add items to the startup process, so when Windows boots, it loads those items and the program related to the item will then start.
    This engineer disabled all these items, preventing them from loading when Windows boots, to speed up the boot process.
    There are certain programs that, in the background, require a lot of the resources (CPU, hard drive, RAM), if they have an item in the startup process these programs will continuously run in the background until you close them. When you run a HDTune with such a program running in the background, most of the hard drive's focus goes to the program in the background which results in HDTune performing not as expected.

When this happens, it's often a sign of bad maintenance, the quickest fix for bad maintenance is to go for a clean install which is why you got the recommendation to install Windows all over again.
    I mean, getting the performance of a system to a certain level, and making sure stability is intact is a task that takes a long time, several hours if not a few days. Reinstalling the system is much easier, all you have to do is reinstall the OS, copy all necessary data from a backup, install necessary programs and remove some items in the startup list is usually all there's to do (for me). Took me 2 hours to do compared to days of analysis why something unknown wasn't loading faster preventing a system to load the taskbar.

The average speed is ~80MB/s, good enough for a long time *Smile

Dual booting shouldn't affect performance / stability, it is recommended to have the Windows installation as #1 boot option. Some have experienced stability issues when Ubuntu was #1 boot option instead of Windows 7.

13. BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when system wakes up from sleep.

Hi axe0,

I have been observing my system's performance in the Performance Monitor.
    The Disk Utilization often reaches 100% even with read-write speeds, as per Resource Monitor, as low as 10-20 MB/sec. Does it mean that Resource Monitor functions like HDTune in terms of not capturing the disk utilization by those startup items and background Services?

Also, what's the difference between "installing Windows afresh" and "Refreshing Windows" (the option given in Windows 10)? Would the two not take me to the same final state...that of a completely new Windows installation?

Ten64BitUser, Feb 15, 2018
  14. axe0 New Member
    Resource monitor is not like HDTune, it's more like task manager, it shows in detail what resource is being used by what.

Installing Windows fresh means that you delete everything there is on the disk.
    Refreshing Windows is almost similar to installing Windows fresh, the difference is that you get to keep your files but not the programs.

15. Thank you, axe0!

I've got a replacement Hard Disk and the HDtune Benchmark tests for this replacement Hard Disk are as follows:

This benchmark was run after re-installing Windows 10, all the drivers, and all the softwares.

I hope this helps me get over the issue of BSOD.

Thanks for all your help.

Ten64BitUser, Feb 21, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when system wakes up from sleep. - Similar Threads - BSOD Unexpected Store

2. BSOD when waking system up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking system up from sleep.: Hi so i sometimes set my pc to sleep when i log off for the night and sometimes the next day it BSOD's when i turn it on. This is one of the minidumps that got created. I used WhoCrashed to read it....
  3. BSOD when waking system up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking system up from sleep.: Hi so i sometimes set my pc to sleep when i log off for the night and sometimes the next day it BSOD's when i turn it on. This is one of the minidumps that got created. I used WhoCrashed to read it....
  4. Unexpected Store Exception error blue screen when waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Store Exception error blue screen when waking up from sleep.: This happens when I leave my laptop unused until it automatically goes to sleep, when I try to wake up the laptop from sleep the error occurs :UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION.this is the system log file for...
  5. Unexpected Store Exception error blue screen when waking up from sleep.

Unexpected Store Exception error blue screen when waking up from sleep.: This happens when I leave my laptop unused until it automatically goes to sleep, when I try to wake up the laptop from sleep the error occurs :UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION.this is the system log file for...
  6. BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when waking up from sleep: This issue happens in either of the following scenarios:Leaving my laptop idle and unattended until it goes to sleep after the time set according to the Power and Sleep settingsPutting my laptop into Sleep Mode, whether by using the Start Menu option, pressing the Power...
  7. BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when waking up from sleep

BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when waking up from sleep: This issue happens in either of the following scenarios:Leaving my laptop idle and unattended until it goes to sleep after the time set according to the Power and Sleep settingsPutting my laptop into Sleep Mode, whether by using the Start Menu option, pressing the Power...
  8. BSOD Unexpected Store Exception when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION error, typically after waking up from sleep

UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION error, typically after waking up from sleep: Hi! I've been getting these errors (both UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and occasionally MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors) on this laptop for a while now, and haven't been sure what to do about them. They almost always occur after waking the laptop up from sleep, and are usually about...
  10. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those. Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I...