Windows 10: BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch

Discus and support BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently built a computer over the holidays with the specs listed in my profile. I have been using it daily for work and for gaming, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lekron, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Lekron Win User

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch

Hello,

I recently built a computer over the holidays with the specs listed in my profile. I have been using it daily for work and for gaming, but the last couple of weeks I got a BSOD error (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) twice. I checked event logs both times and learned nothing. I also checked my gpu and cpu temps and they were well within normal limits. I don't remember installing a new app/program that may be causing these crashes either.

I ran the windows memory diagnostics and it came back normal. I also checked my gpu, motherboard, windows, and any other apps I use for updates, but they are all up to date.

My windows version is 1909 OS build 18363.592. I attached the V2 log collector below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first time using a windows OS in over 10 years and I am really enjoying the performance of my system, but this happening so quickly, and somewhat frequently is worrisome.

Thank you in advance,

Ryan O'Connor

DESKTOP-LRUKAAD-(2020-01-23_00-05-35).zip

:)

Lekron, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Play Overwatch Free August 23-27 with Xbox Live Gold Xbox

Source: Play Overwatch for Free with Xbox Live Gold August 23 - 27 - Xbox Wire

Brink, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Frequent crashes playing Overwatch

Hi,

To determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried playing other games and check if the same thing occurs?
    • Which edition of Overwatch are you using?
    • Do you have the physical copy or the digital version of the game?
    If you're using the digital version, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help in resolving issues regarding games and applications downloaded from the Windows Store.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Catherine Cus., Jan 23, 2020
  4. TXhex Win User

BSOD only when playing Overwatch. Can't pinpoint a solution

As the thread title suggests I have been having BSOD whenever I play Overwatch. Sometimes I can play for hours before having a crash occurs and other times it happens in minutes. I have gotten some minidump files from the past few days as well as the files from the dm_log_collector. If there is any more info I need to post please let me know.

TXhex, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch - Similar Threads - BSOD Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap Playing

2. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  3. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  4. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  6. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  7. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

8. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch: Hello! Ive had next to no problems with my computer, let alone as one as serious as a BSOD, however anytime i try and play Overwatch 2 I eventually run into a BSOD. I can be 4 games in before it happens, or it could freeze up in the queue while trying to get into the game. I...
  9. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch: Hello! Ive had next to no problems with my computer, let alone as one as serious as a BSOD, however anytime i try and play Overwatch 2 I eventually run into a BSOD. I can be 4 games in before it happens, or it could freeze up in the queue while trying to get into the game. I...
  10. BSOD / RSOD when playing games.. (overwatch)

BSOD / RSOD when playing games.. (overwatch): Im sometimes getting a completly red screen while im playing overwatch, this happens randomly. I used to have windows 7, and I'd get bsod, so I upgraded to win 10, and now im still getting it.. *Sad Some times I can play a day or to without it happening, and other times It...