Windows 10: BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC

Discus and support BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if this is harmful. It never occurs normally when working/playing games, just when shut down. I've tried solution that change dumping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheWilP, Dec 5, 2019.

1. BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC

I don't know if this is harmful. It never occurs normally when working/playing games, just when shut down. I've tried solution that change dumping files from auto to small and it doesn't work. I need to turn off the plug to shut down pc. How to fix this?

submitted by /u/TheWilP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheWilP, Dec 5, 2019

2. stop code UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Hi I still have a problem with UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

• When did the issue start? - 4 days ago
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue? - no
    • Did you recently make any hardware changes to your PC? - no
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? - restarted, uninstalled unused software
    • current Version 1703 and OS Build 15063.726
    • I"ll appreciate your assistance on this problem

IlyaLitovchik, Dec 5, 2019
  3. stop code UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Hello Ilya,

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP usually occurs after the installation of mismatched hardware or in the event that an installed hardware fails. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Please answer these questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you recently make any hardware changes to your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

Devlin Sco, Dec 5, 2019
  4. BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC

Windows 10 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Hello,

I was using my PC normally today, when all of a sudden, I got a BSOD with the error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. Any info on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Here is the MEMORY.DMP file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar4ixJVHzaXUg7YUCrtYKg5IbhdFfQ

(There is no minidump somehow...)

ArushPCGuy, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC

1. BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC - Similar Threads - BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap shutting

2. BSOD When shutting down constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When shutting down constantly: In the last month constant BSODs into forced restarts when I shut down the PC. See Below for full dump.******************************************************************************* ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  4. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down: When I tried to shut down or restart my PC, BSOD occurred with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stopcode. Below is the minidump files I copied from C:\Windows\Minidumphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWGua9BwWT5gyC_GytpW62uUM6PksK75/view?usp=sharingPlaease help me to fix this...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down: When I tried to shut down or restart my PC, BSOD occurred with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stopcode. Below is the minidump files I copied from C:\Windows\Minidumphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWGua9BwWT5gyC_GytpW62uUM6PksK75/view?usp=sharingPlaease help me to fix this...
  7. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when shutting down: No idea why this is happening, but whenever i try to shut down my computer after using it, it does not shutdown, instead, it stays on, screen goes dark, then restarts itself. It creates a dump file so im pretty sure its a bsod, i have all drivers update so there is no reason...
  8. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch: Hello, I recently built a computer over the holidays with the specs listed in my profile. I have been using it daily for work and for gaming, but the last couple of weeks I got a BSOD error (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) twice. I checked event logs both times and learned...
  9. Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD on PC

Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD on PC: Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363 Windows dir: C:\Windows Hardware: MS-7978, MSI, H170 GAMING M3 MS-7978 CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6 8 logical processors, active mask: 255 RAM: 17124904960 bytes total Crash...
  10. BSOD when shutting down. PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES

BSOD when shutting down. PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES: Hi I'd love it if someone could help me with this problem. It is mainly happening when I ask my computer to shut down I get a BSOD with that error and I've had a friends help me and he got as far as detecting which file was falling over but not why or how to fix it other than...