Windows 10: BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume

Discus and support BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, Im unable to login to my laptop.It appears as BSOD and mentioning 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.'But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zulhilmie Dzulkifli, Feb 21, 2024.

1. BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume

Hi, Im unable to login to my laptop.It appears as BSOD and mentioning 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.'But it keeps restarting and return to the same page.Stop code: Unmountable_Boot_VolumeI tried to start the Windows via safe mode but failed.I did remember my laptop having a Windows update before i shut it down.

:)

Zulhilmie Dzulkifli, Feb 21, 2024
  2. nic cam Win User

BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Hello My name is Nicholas

I ran into a problem yesterday October 9th at night and I was trying to download a Incredible Hulk game on my moms laptop it made me disable all the security and even the firewall I followed the steps to try and download it but I couldnt so I deleted the files but when I tried turning on security for windows it was blank so I shut it down and When I shutdown my moms computer and turned it back on I was hit was the BSOD error that says "Your computer ran into a problem and needs to restart" and at the bottom is says UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I tried to get around this but I couldn't and I'm stressing out because I can't log in, and my mom needs her laptop for school. The restart keeps looping I just want this to be fixed. I just wanna fix this problem please help I can't log in. The laptop is a Silver ASUS Laptop I hope someone can respond I didn't mean for this to happen it just occurred. URGENT Please Respond Please

nic cam, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Attempting to fix UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Hello c3yawn,

The UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME blue screen errors might have occurred due to an incorrectly configured or corrupted device drivers. To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you perform a system repair on your computer and check if
    the issue persists. To do so, you may refer to the steps provided by Billion Debbarma on this
    thread about performing a system repair in Windows 10.

Let us know the result and if you need further help.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 21, 2024
  4. c3yawn Win User

BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume

Attempting to fix UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

So my HDD got stuck in UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME BSOD loop, and I created a recovery USB with my expansion drive and I'm currently in common prompt. Running "WMIC logicaldisk get caption,description,drivetype,providername,volumename"
    doesn't seem to return my hardrive, but here's what it does say:

Caption Description DriveType ProviderName VolumeName

C: Local Fixed Disk 3 / ESD-USB

D: CD-ROM 5 / /

X: Local Fixed Disk 3 / Boot

Running diskpart and LIST DISK returns:

Disk 0 Online 0 B 0 B

Disk 1 Online 931GB 899GB

I assume Disk 1 is the expansion drive because it is 1TB and my HDD in my PC is 1.5TB.
    Booting into the BIOS menu still lists my HDD in the boot order by it's Model Number, so it still seems to be at least semi recognizable. Is there anything I can do to at least recover my files from this HDD, as
    I have a new one on the way regardless.

Thanks,

c3yawn, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume

1. BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume - Similar Threads - BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume

2. BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume: Hi, Im unable to login to my laptop.It appears as BSOD and mentioning 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.'But it keeps restarting and return to the same page.Stop code: Unmountable_Boot_VolumeI tried to start the Windows via safe mode...
  3. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello My name is NicholasI ran into a problem yesterday October 9th at night and I was trying to download a Incredible Hulk game on my moms laptop it made me disable all the security and even the firewall I followed the steps to try and download it but I couldnt so I deleted...
  4. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello My name is NicholasI ran into a problem yesterday October 9th at night and I was trying to download a Incredible Hulk game on my moms laptop it made me disable all the security and even the firewall I followed the steps to try and download it but I couldnt so I deleted...
  5. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Hello there! I have a question about BSOD particularly the code UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there! I have a question about BSOD particularly the code UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME,...: Hello there! I have a question about BSOD particularly the code UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME, because it keeps restarting and I can't do the commands that I saw on YouTube and google, please help. It opens maybe every 10 seconds and it closes again and it closes again.....
  7. Hello there! I have a question about BSOD particularly the code UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME,...

Hello there! I have a question about BSOD particularly the code UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME,...: Hello there! I have a question about BSOD particularly the code UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME, because it keeps restarting and I can't do the commands that I saw on YouTube and google, please help. It opens maybe every 10 seconds and it closes again and it closes again.....
  8. Hello there! I have a question about BSOD particularly the code UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME BSOD: I recently built a PC and I have this problem. Once every week/two weeks when I boot my PC I get this BSOD. The PC then reboots automatically and gets into Windows. Should I worry? submitted by /u/xDevi69 [link] [comments]...
  10. BSOD error "unmountable boot volume"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD error "unmountable boot volume": I've had my Acer Aspire and used Windows 10 with no problems until recently. When I first saw this error screen I'd just manually turn off my laptop, wait a while, turn it back on and voila, it would boot up and work fine until it crashed again. Now Windows will not boot...