Windows 10: BSOD upon booting and during automatic system repair

Discus and support BSOD upon booting and during automatic system repair in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, my computer blue screened earlier with 'Page Fault in a nonpaged area' and has since had a bluescreen with varying stop codes on boot. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oakeh, Jan 26, 2020.

1. /u/Oakeh Win User

BSOD upon booting and during automatic system repair

Hey guys, my computer blue screened earlier with 'Page Fault in a nonpaged area' and has since had a bluescreen with varying stop codes on boot. When it gets to automatic repair it bluescreens part way through preventing me from getting into safe mode.

I've tried booting from the disc but still get blue screens. I have no idea what to try next. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Oakeh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oakeh, Jan 26, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD upon booting and during automatic system repair - Similar Threads - BSOD upon booting

2. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..: this happened after Windows update.. how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/2d85ec83-f2ff-42eb-84bd-659f0721f99a
  3. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..: this happened after Windows update.. how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/2d85ec83-f2ff-42eb-84bd-659f0721f99a
  4. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues: pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/c04eded7-9fa2-4ac3-ab6a-657ad8b2255c
  5. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues: pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/c04eded7-9fa2-4ac3-ab6a-657ad8b2255c
  6. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues

7. System Preparing Repair during boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Preparing Repair during boot up: yesterday night i got a software update and 2 additional updates. One is driver update and second one is firmware update. My synaptics touchpad two finger scrolling is not working so i thought maybe the additional update was for the driver and so i installed it. The laptop...
  8. System Preparing Repair during boot up

System Preparing Repair during boot up: yesterday night i got a software update and 2 additional updates. One is driver update and second one is firmware update. My synaptics touchpad two finger scrolling is not working so i thought maybe the additional update was for the driver and so i installed it. The laptop...
  9. Freeze during automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freeze during automatic repair: Hello i had my computer on fast tuning in my bios without realizing it and then I notice my cpu was running too hot and too fast so I download a program from Intel that lets you over clock and I lowered the speed back down to close to its base and the temps returned to...
  10. Boot locks up during "preparing automatic repair"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot locks up during "preparing automatic repair": So I recently moved my computer from one case to another and changed out my i5-8400 for an i5-9600. Put everything back together the way I've done many times and now it's just locking up. The loading circle swings around once and then freezes. I'm at a loss now... Please...