Windows 10: BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode

Discus and support BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Acer Laptop that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I had some problems with (seemingly) random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cassandra2222, Feb 17, 2019.

1. BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode

Hi,

I have an Acer Laptop that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I had some problems with (seemingly) random restarts before but that seemed to have resolved itself

But since yesterday, the Laptop gives me a BSOD whenever it tries to ENTER sleep mode. This happens when I am not using the computer and the power saving option (set to enter sleep mode after 20 min) kicks in. But I can also reproduce it by pressing the power button or closing the lid to enter sleep mode. Any of these actions will result in an instant BSOD

So this is not the known problem of coming out of sleep mode. This happens when the laptop tries to enter sleep mode.

It would be great if you could point me in the right direction, to fix this.

System Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    System Manufacturer Acer
    System Model Aspire V3-772
    System SKU Aspire V3-772_0781_1.11
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.11, 9/5/2013
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Embedded Controller Version 0.00
    BIOS Mode Legacy

I have uploaded my system info and dump files here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aqf0BQM-0QrdgQzDA4Uw4IisFVBA

:)

Cassandra2222, Feb 17, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Sleep mode

Hi,

Incorrect power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer shuts down after it enters the sleep mode. We suggest that you try running the Power troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key+ X key on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Power
    • Click on Advanced on the power troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Power troubleshooter

If the issue persists, kindly try to follow these steps to reset the power settings:

• Press Windows key + X from your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press
      Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.

Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed. I suggest you to check whether you are getting the sleep option after resetting the power settings.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 17, 2019
  4. BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode

1. BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode - Similar Threads - BSOD upon ENTERING

2. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  3. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  4. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  5. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  6. Error upon exiting sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error upon exiting sleep mode: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga running Windows 10 Every time I re-awake my laptop from sleep mode, I get the following error message: “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to...
  7. Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode: Hey there! I am using my Insignia TV as my monitor off my HP ProDesk Mini with a DisplayPort->HDMI cable. The default and recommended HP display setting is 1920*1080. However that display is stretched beyond the screen and the font is blurry, etc. The only solution I have...
  8. BSOD when entering sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when entering sleep: Starting getting this BSOD since updating to the anniversary update. New computer built 3 weeks ago was fine until then. Only happens when entering sleep. Any help would be much appreciated! Attachment 94970 59380
  9. BSOD upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616
  10. Cannot enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot enter sleep mode: Windows 10 is simply not able to enter sleep mode. Whenever I try, the monitor shuts off, but the computer power does not. When I move the mouse, the log-in screen appears (as it would when your computer comes out of sleep). I looked at Windows Event Viewer, and this is...