Windows 10: BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions.

Discus and support BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 into my sons' PC and started getting blue screens last week. I formatted the drive and loaded Win10 from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bblocker68, Dec 29, 2017.

1. BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions.

I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 into my sons' PC and started getting blue screens last week. I formatted the drive and loaded Win10 from the software creation tool on a USB drive. They seemed to go away after a couple of days, so I hoped the situation corrected itself. Not the case. For Christmas, he received a new Video card and doubled his ram from 8gb to 16gb. I Installed the new equipment Monday night and all was well. Wednesday, he started having random reboots while playing Gary's Mod and Player Unknown Battlegrounds. I asked if he saw a blue screen before the PC rebooted and he said never during the 5-10 reboots did he see as BSOD. I'm thinking this still might be a Windows problem. The video card never got over 62C during stress tests with 3DMark and Heaven Benchmark and the programs did not cause the system to restart. I'm now wondering if it may be Power Supply or MOBO problems. I'm going to inspect the case/components to see if anything looks wrong or loose. I'll attach the system dump .zip, as detailed in your instructions.

Also I ran the Windows Repair Tool, checked the event viewer for anything not generic and did a system memory test, along with the 2 benchmark programs and his PC showed no errors or reboots. Temperatures on GPU was never above 62C.

Hoping for the best and Thank you very much in advance!

:)

bblocker68, Dec 29, 2017

2. After upgrading to WIndows 10 i get Kernel security check failure

I believe the problem started after an unexpected hang/BSOD occurred . I am in the process of acquiring a new mother board to fix that, but this happens upon boot randomly. Been happening only since this weekend, an exact trigger cause and steps to follow
    after are a bit vague.

I am using a external SATA boot device, and installed Windows 10 about 2 months ago as fresh install, not an upgrade.

Conrad Braam, Dec 29, 2017
  3. Snivy1579 Win User
    Windows 10 won't boot (deleted boot partition)

So upon restarting my pc after a fresh windows 10 install, i found out the hard way that deleting all the system partitions was a bad idea. Upon startup, i am endlessly stuck in a Bad_System_Config_Info BSOD. The kicker here is normal methods don't work
    for me. I cannot find anyway to open Cmd to enter commands and any attempt to boot from a flashdrive or Disk for the media creation tool produces the same BSOD error. Even windows repair fails to boot. Any chance someone can explain a way to fix this mess
    (preferably without buying a new hard drive?)

Snivy1579, Dec 29, 2017
  4. BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions.

More then likely graphics driver related.

Best to remove all traces of graphics driver and programs and reinstall a fresh version.

Also any network drivers would be good to update aswell while ya there *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 29, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    No dumps in the zip file. The WER data in msinfo32.nfo indicates 4 BSODS occurred, 2 today around 1:30AM and 2 on the 28th. 16 unexpected shutdowns over all. Hard to diagnose without dumps.

Please make sure your PC is configured for small dump files: How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

I also see this in the event log:

BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions. [​IMG]

BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions. [​IMG]

Check your swap/paging file setup, make sure it's setup to allow Windows to manage it.

Control panel, System, Advanced system settings, Settings button under Performance, Advanced tab, Change button.
    Check Automatically manage paging file size for all drives

I see Riva Tuner is installed, are you overclocking anything? If so, reset everything back to it's normal state and see how that goes.

Ztruker, Dec 29, 2017
  6. Thanks guys, I'll do those steps and post back after the PC crashes/reboots.

bblocker68, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions.

1. BSOD upon fresh install of Windows 10 and new hardware additions. - Similar Threads - BSOD upon fresh

2. BSOD - New machine, fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - New machine, fresh install: New computer, fresh install, and I'm getting strange behavior.I've had 3 random reboots without any warning and 2 bluescreens with logs below.You can find the dump logs here:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=6n6qPrAny help appreciated....
  3. BSOD - New machine, fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - New machine, fresh install: New computer, fresh install, and I'm getting strange behavior.I've had 3 random reboots without any warning and 2 bluescreens with logs below.You can find the dump logs here:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoGRdkH-FEyKr3k-qNhYn6TTJMAM?e=6n6qPrAny help appreciated....
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh Windows 11 install with new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh Windows 11 install with new hardware: Hello all. For the last several weeks, since doing a rather large upgrade to my machine and installing a fresh copy of Windows 11, I have been plagued by BSODs at least once a day, always the same issue. I have followed some of the other instructions I have found on this site...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh Windows 11 install with new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on fresh Windows 11 install with new hardware: Hello all. For the last several weeks, since doing a rather large upgrade to my machine and installing a fresh copy of Windows 11, I have been plagued by BSODs at least once a day, always the same issue. I have followed some of the other instructions I have found on this site...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on new hardware with fresh windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on new hardware with fresh windows install: Hello all, I am getting a bit desperate, I really hope someone could help me come think of anything I haven't tried yet. Long story short: Got a new system 3 weeks ago: Mainboard: Asus X570-Plus TUF GAMING Memory: G.Skill 32 GB DDR4-3600 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN, Trident Z...
  7. BSoD on new laptop with fresh install of windows 10

BSoD on new laptop with fresh install of windows 10: As the subject suggests, I have a new Acer laptop which I set up with a fresh install of windows 10 using the media creation tool and USB. Ever since I have had BSoD, particularly when the laptop wakes from sleep mode. Any analysis of the minidump files I have would be...
  8. Windows ten stopcode upon fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows ten stopcode upon fresh install: Hello everybody. On Christmas I got a PC. It is a custom built. I inserted the windows ten flash drive that came from it's own box. I chose 64 bit and it gave me a stopcode 0xc000021a. I have looked things up and I guess it usually happens on systems that are already on an...
  9. Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install

Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install: I was experiencing a BSOD during Windows 10 Pro x64 installation on a freshly built computer, the installation would get to 80% – 100% and BSOD with a variety of errors, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL After about 10 attempts with different UEFI settings disabled (Intel NIC,...
  10. Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install

Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install: Hey all, First post here. Apologies if I mess something up. *Redface Going to include all of the information I can at the top and work from there. Current build: Intel Core i7-5820K, EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) - DT - 's Saved Part List...