Windows 10: BSOD upon startup, can't boot to OS

Discus and support BSOD upon startup, can't boot to OS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My Windows 10 (64bit) has always had issues with "page fault in nonpaged area" errors, usually when rebooting from sleep. Yesterday, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dsswin10, Nov 16, 2015.

1. dsswin10 Win User

BSOD upon startup, can't boot to OS

Hi everyone,

My Windows 10 (64bit) has always had issues with "page fault in nonpaged area" errors, usually when rebooting from sleep. Yesterday, my system crashed again again. Instead of booting up as normal, it crashed again with the same error, rebooted, and crashed again. My computer can no long boot to Windows.

I've searched online and have seen that it could be my RAM, so I tried running one stick at a time and it didn't help. I also tried to use a bootable flash drive (made with Media Creation Tool) to reformat my hard drive / reinstall Windows 10, but I get the same error/crash when I boot from the flash drive.

Here's my system specs:

CPU: Intel I-4790k
    RAM: G.Skill RIPJAW 2x8GB
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150
    STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD

Anybody have an idea on solving this issue? Any help would be appreciated

:)

dsswin10, Nov 16, 2015
  2. Cq59 Win User

Adding User Errors

Ok, tried everything I could find and finally decided to drastic recovery options -

Restore Point - received System Thread
    Exception
    Not Handled Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) on startup, so did a safe boot but only had a couple restore points.

Ran Start Up repair and received the same BSOD upon startup

Ran System Restore, and Fresh Start both saving files and clean install, upon restart same BSOD.

Any suggestions?

3. Snivy1579 Win User
    Windows 10 won't boot (deleted boot partition)

So upon restarting my pc after a fresh windows 10 install, i found out the hard way that deleting all the system partitions was a bad idea. Upon startup, i am endlessly stuck in a Bad_System_Config_Info BSOD. The kicker here is normal methods don't work
    for me. I cannot find anyway to open Cmd to enter commands and any attempt to boot from a flashdrive or Disk for the media creation tool produces the same BSOD error. Even windows repair fails to boot. Any chance someone can explain a way to fix this mess
    (preferably without buying a new hard drive?)

Snivy1579, Nov 16, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Please fill out your System Specs

BSOD upon startup, can't boot to OS [​IMG]
    Information Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. You have made a good start, please complete them with all of the components including you hard drives, PSU and CPU Cooler. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Please upload the BSOD Posting instructions

essenbe, Nov 16, 2015
  5. dsswin10 Win User
    If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. You have made a good start, please complete them with all of the components including you hard drives, PSU and CPU Cooler. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Please upload the BSOD Posting instructions

Thanks for the feedback esssenbe. I've updated my system specs as instructed. I can't follow the instructions for the "posting instructions" since I can't boot to Windows. I'm posting this on my MacBook (don't judge).

dsswin10, Nov 16, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Nov 16, 2015
  7. dsswin10 Win User
    When I try to boot into the USB drive, the Windows 10 logo comes up, the dots circle once, and on the second time the system crashes and gives me the paged fault error *Sad

I don't like the UI of OSX, or the fact that it can barely run video games, but in the 5 years I've had that laptop, I've never had an issue like this. And, I've only had Windows 10 on my machine for a month and a half. So, that's something.

dsswin10, Nov 16, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

Do you have a UEFI Install or a MBR? Have you tried to use the one time boot menu key (probably F8) for you or change the startup settings? Inyour boot menu in BIOS, tell me what your hard drive boot option is? does it list the hard drive or does it say Windows Boot Manager?

essenbe, Nov 16, 2015
  9. dsswin10 Win User
    The USB shows up as both a UEFI and a drive. I don't have an MBR or UEFI besides that. I've used the F8 (F2/DEL on my computer) to access the BIOS and choose the flash drive as the boot option. In the BIOS, it shows Windows Boot Manager as 1st boot priority and the hard drive partition as 2nd boot priority. Neither of these choices work for me, and neither does the USB drive.

Someone on another forum recommended I try swapping out the hard drive as that may be the issue; I'm going to try that tonight.

FYI my computer has a Samsung EVO 250gb SSD.

dsswin10, Nov 17, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    On startup have you tried the entry that says UEFI USB drive?

essenbe, Nov 17, 2015
  11. dsswin10 Win User
    I've tried to boot from every possible option (UEFI included) with the same result.

dsswin10, Nov 17, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    You do have a UEFI installation or your boot options would not show Windows Boot Manager. You have to have either a UEFI or an MBR installation.

If you have an ISO of your X64 Windows 10 version, use Rufus to create a UEFI USB installation USB drive. This will tell you how and will also tell you how to download the ISO if you don't have one.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...a.html#option2

Try it. If you still can't boot from it you may have to disable Secure Boot and fast startup in you BIOS.

essenbe, Nov 17, 2015
  13. dsswin10 Win User

Someone in another forum suggested that I swap out my hard drive for a clean one and attempt to boot from my UEFI USB, and that solved my problem. Now that I'm able to get onto Windows again, I'll try to repair my (seemingly) corrupted drive.

Essenbe, thanks so much for taking the time to help me with this issue, much appreciated!

dsswin10, Nov 17, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    I'm glad you have it sorted out.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD upon startup, can't boot to OS - Similar Threads - BSOD upon startup

2. Help Can't boot to os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Can't boot to os: I encountered this problem a few days ago. When I turned on my pc to play I encountered the blue screen and provided my bit locker encryption key but to no avail. I clicked the UEFI button on troubleshooting blue screen and since then my pc is only booting to bios.Pls help I...
  3. Help Can't boot to os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Can't boot to os: I encountered this problem a few days ago. When I turned on my pc to play I encountered the blue screen and provided my bit locker encryption key but to no avail. I clicked the UEFI button on troubleshooting blue screen and since then my pc is only booting to bios.Pls help I...
  4. Help Can't boot to os

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Flashing windows boot manager upon startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashing windows boot manager upon startup: I am running dual boot on my system with Ubuntu and Windows, I recently updated to Windows 11 after this I have a flashing screen for 2-3 frames every time I boot into Windows 11. My computer is in Norwegian so the translation might be off but it is called Windows Boot...
  6. Flashing windows boot manager upon startup

Flashing windows boot manager upon startup: I am running dual boot on my system with Ubuntu and Windows, I recently updated to Windows 11 after this I have a flashing screen for 2-3 frames every time I boot into Windows 11. My computer is in Norwegian so the translation might be off but it is called Windows Boot...
  7. Windows 11 Frequent BSOD on startup instant BSOD upon booting, or few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Frequent BSOD on startup instant BSOD upon booting, or few seconds: Computer specs: i5 12600kz690iDDR5 - 4800mhzRX 6600XTEVGA GM 650WAfter updating to windows 11, I often get this BSOD when getting into windows. I thought it was because of the overclock I made, but the error code is showing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, what went wrong:...
  8. Windows 11 Frequent BSOD on startup instant BSOD upon booting, or few seconds

Windows 11 Frequent BSOD on startup instant BSOD upon booting, or few seconds: Computer specs: i5 12600kz690iDDR5 - 4800mhzRX 6600XTEVGA GM 650WAfter updating to windows 11, I often get this BSOD when getting into windows. I thought it was because of the overclock I made, but the error code is showing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, what went wrong:...
  9. Sudden BSOD upon startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden BSOD upon startup: Hi. I turned on my laptop this morning. After bootup I got BSOD. See the image below. What seems to be the problem? Tried restarting the laptop after BSOD and I think it's okay now....
  10. Can't change lock screen image upon startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change lock screen image upon startup: I can change the lock screen image from Settings > Lock Screen without any problems and when I lock the computer my intended lock screen image is the one I chose, but when I boot the computer up or sign out the lock screen image is always some default W10 image. I'm using...