Windows 10: BSOD usally at night running idle

Discus and support BSOD usally at night running idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I put a DIY system together that runs awesome I have got only one BSOD while sitting using this, all others are at night while running idle. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Howiewowie, Mar 8, 2018.

1. BSOD usally at night running idle

I put a DIY system together that runs awesome I have got only one BSOD while sitting using this, all others are at night while running idle. I tried updating all drivers all is well up to date. Changed RAM because I got 10 errors running memory86 test. Tested my new ram all is well there. Sure would appreciate some tips Thanks

this is on my System 2

:)

Howiewowie, Mar 8, 2018

2. PC rebooted when idle, at night

Hello,

When I run a Garry's Mod game server on my Windows machine, it randomly reboots every night, which is frustrating.

It's not an update issue because I already disabled automated rebooting with Windows updates.

I checked my Event Viewer and noticed this: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000154 (0xffffe001d1c63000, 0xffffd000281b22b0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:
    db7e0129-7dd6-418a-93b4-cfb437cd5d54."

This also came with a minidump file which can be found here: 090516-8468-01.dmp

System Specifications

- CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (Part #: BX80646I74790K)

- GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card (Part #: 04G-P4-3975-KR)

- Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (Part #: Z97 ANNIVERSARY/A/ASRK)

- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (Part #: F3-1866C9D-16GXM)

- PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (Part #: 100-W1-0500-KR)

I'd greatly appreciate some help!

Thanks so much!

TomaszAndres, Mar 8, 2018
  3. PC rebooted when idle, at night

Hi,

The above issue might occur due to the physical hardware issues experienced on the computer. Hardware issues may be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed. Also,
    updating the BIOS, low level chipset drivers, and the other major drivers could be the key to solving this.

Boot the computer in Safe mode and check if similar issue persists.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using. Logging into
    Safe mode will help in diagnosing if the issue is caused due to the corrupted user profile or the services disabled on the PC.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Mar 8, 2018
  4. BSOD usally at night running idle

BSODHunter, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

BSOD usally at night running idle

1. BSOD usally at night running idle - Similar Threads - BSOD usally night

2. BSOD only in idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD only in idle: A few days ago I upgraded the CPU, RAM and motherboard, since the first day I have been facing this error: "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". During high or medium load it works for hours normally. But a few minutes in idle the error reappears. Windows was formatted and did not...
  3. CPU usage constantly running at 20% on idle, along with fans running loudly on idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage constantly running at 20% on idle, along with fans running loudly on idle.: Hi. I have a couple of questions about why my CPU is running at 20% while idle. Along the CPU running at 20% is the memory, constantly running at the same as the CPU. I've reinstalled all the drivers for my Alienware 17 r5 using official Microsoft means, I've run a bunch...
  4. BSOD while idle on desktop

BSOD while idle on desktop: The past few days I have been getting BSOD while my computer was idle on desktop with only Google Chrome open and other background programs. Both times it has happened my monitor was in sleep mode so I was unable to see the BSOD myself but I have the minidumps. 84345
  5. BSOD at night while idle

BSOD at night while idle: This has been going on for awhile and I cant seem to figure out the issue. I have turned off all C-State settings to fix the issue but there problem is still there. 27462
  6. BSOD under load and idle

BSOD under load and idle: I welcome. The laptop began to reboot quite often. When viewing video on the Internet or when I play games. Started check of random access memory. I don't know already what to do. Excuse for the curve translation, I badly know English. Attachment 123963 Attachment 123964...
  7. bsod on idle system

bsod on idle system: before i did the creators update i had already bsod's. i did the creators update on 16 may,there was a bsod on 22 may on an idle system (i was not in the environment) bleuscreenview gives the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED en driver ntoskrnl.sys dm-log_collector did not...
  8. Sleep or idle BSOD

Sleep or idle BSOD: I have BSOD problem sometimes when Laptop wake up from sleep, on Desktop... BSOD troubleshoot(by frequency): - Hardware: RAM(Win) test - BIOS: change boot mode(UEFI/Legacy), update BIOS/firmaware - Drivers: Device Manager(Yellow Exclamation Point), Driver Verifier -...
  9. BSOD while playing or idle

BSOD while playing or idle: Hello, i build this PC in december, and everything was runing fine until like 2 months ago. Getting random BSOD while playing some of them happend even when idle. The most recent ones are from today playing Diablo 3, got 3 BSOD in a span of an hour. Getting about 3-4...
  10. BSOD during games and/or idle

BSOD during games and/or idle: Hello, I'm a long time lurker of this website and forum, and I am in need of some help. I recently built a new system in February and it has been a beast for gaming. However, recently I have had some BSODs that have caused a few problems. I immediately started updating...