Windows 10: BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys

Discus and support BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys retless 39m Hello, Since november/2019 i'm facing BSOD's when opening World of Warcraft using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Doug Baptista, Feb 20, 2020.

1. BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys

BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys
    retless
    39m

Hello, Since november/2019 i'm facing BSOD's when opening World of Warcraft using Battle Net or directly from the launcher.

I have a dell G3 3579 with Geforce 1050 Ti and the BSOD occurs only when i'm using my external monitor.

It is a Ultrawide monitor, but even changing the resolution to the notebook defaults 1920 x 1080 the BSOD keep occuring if the notebook lid is closed, so in resume...

Using notebook monitor/or duplicated = No BSOD

Using only monitor with notebook screen off = BSOD happens I tried to analyse the dumps that windows are creating and always give me the same error

--------------------- Windows minidump ---------------------

SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms2!VidSchiAllocatePacketFromGuaranteedPacketPool+11d

MODULE_NAME: dxgmms2

IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms2.sys

IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.18362.1049

STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 11d

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x119_e00_UNKNOWN_dxgmms2!VidSchiAllocatePacketFromGuaranteedPacketPool

OS_VERSION: 10.0.18362.1

BUILDLAB_STR: 19h1_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64

OSNAME: Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {56d0fc26-28d6-4f29-b7c5-92f73ee710af}

Followup: MachineOwne

--------------------- Dell Support Assist ---------------------

Bug check code

0x00000119

Bug check parameters

0x0000000000000e00,

0xffffd187ea6e7000,

0xffffd187ea72f620,

0xffffd187ea72f920

Device name

Watchdog Driver

Driver version

10.0.18362.1 WinBuild.160101.0800

Driver path

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\watchdog.sys

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, after reading some forums to search about this issue, i tried unninstall the drive with DDU, and the BSOD just not happens. Obs: By default my card comes with 392 Nvidia driver

Trying to install any driver version 440+, the BSOD happens. I hope anyone can help me to figure out what is happening cause I dont know more what to check about.

Link with BSOD:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o53n3tewu7j1aq5/AAAlcFJUoujV9pN7q148A77ua?dl=0

:)

Doug Baptista, Feb 20, 2020
  2. DanPetrache, Feb 20, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

Hi Asellia,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What driver versions have you tried currently for your graphics?
    If it is the newest version, 361.43, try rolling back the drivers.
    Driver Rollback | NVIDIA
    Code:
    Code:
    Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_CPU_HOST_APERTURE::UnmapRange+3a )  7: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart             end                 module name fffff800`cf870000 fffff800`d048b000   nvlddmkm   (deferred)                  Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys     Image name: nvlddmkm.sys     Timestamp:        Wed Dec 16 15:03:30 2015 (56716F32)     CheckSum:         00BE13AE     ImageSize:        00C1B000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

4. BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys

BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys

Got another BSOD earlier tonight, this time with dxgmms2.sys cited onscreen.

thegreatwilso, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys

1. BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD using external

2. dxgmms2.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dxgmms2.sys BSOD: As title says At first some random application like Roblox, discord, or other crashing at unknown reason then followed by Windows BSOD caused by SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M in module dxgmms2. I got this BSOD like 5-10 times a week This happen usually after I...
  3. dxgmms2.sys BSOD

dxgmms2.sys BSOD: Hello, A while back, my computer lost power while it was installing windows updates. Since then, I've had BSODs every couple days, with various errors pointing to a driver error. These were annoying, but manageable. I tried a few basic troubleshooting steps, like using a...
  4. BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys

BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys: BSOD using external monitor in notebook dxgmms2.sys retless 39m Hello, Since november/2019 i'm facing BSOD's when opening World of Warcraft using Battle Net or directly from the launcher. I have a dell G3 3579 with Geforce 1050 Ti and the BSOD occurs only when i'm using my...
  5. BSOD / dxgmms2.sys / usbxhci.sys / nvlddmkm.sys

BSOD / dxgmms2.sys / usbxhci.sys / nvlddmkm.sys: I bought a new PC, that I built myself, and it crashes randomly, mostly when I play games but a couple of times while I was browsing. The first4-5 times it crashed it didn't restart on its own, but after that the counter is working and it's restarting. I uninstalled and...
  6. dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  7. BSOD dxgmms2.sys and nvlddmkm.sys

BSOD dxgmms2.sys and nvlddmkm.sys: Usually this happen when i play Overwatch. I have updated drivers,check windows,disks. Here is my minidump file: Link I hope someone can help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-dxgmms2sys-and-nvlddmkmsys/50fc8b79-7f54-4903-8428-b9236531b44c
  8. BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys: This was a BSOD that I had a a few months ago, before I installed the Creaters update. If anyone is familiar with the VLC media player program , I was using the clone feature to test CPU/GPU performance. I set the value to 100 then my computer ran into a BSOD. I tried to...
  9. BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys

BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys: Got another BSOD earlier tonight, this time with dxgmms2.sys cited onscreen. 85143
  10. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x119_e00_unknown_dxgmms2!vidschiallocatepacketfromguaranteedpacketpool error

2. bsod when using external monitor