Windows 10: BSOD : VIDEO TDR ERROR LENOVO g50, no cmd,no safe mode

Discus and support BSOD : VIDEO TDR ERROR LENOVO g50, no cmd,no safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Got a huge problem. Recently my lenovo g50 crashed and cycled through BSOD VIDEO TDR FALUIRE. I first tried running cmd but it says something along the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BSODHATER1212, Sep 30, 2018.

1. BSOD : VIDEO TDR ERROR LENOVO g50, no cmd,no safe mode

Got a huge problem. Recently my lenovo g50 crashed and cycled through BSOD VIDEO TDR FALUIRE. I first tried running cmd but it says something along the lines of not having enough rescources. I reinstalled windows since it was running slowly before that, now 2 huge problems came together. I could not do anything in the recovery settings since they needed a password for the admin account- which is DefaultUser(); which after searching online no one knows the password to. I reinstalled again but after cortana said we have important setup to do, it restarts, screen goes blank(not fully black, grey). You can still her cortana talking for a while saying things like ,Thank you for your patcince etc. Then it says windows failed to load and the problem is in a circle. Tried booting into safe mode and it took ages, then crashed. Most of the solutions include being able to access an admin account or use safe mode- both of which i cant do. Please give some advice

Full BSOD erroe code

Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FALUIRE

What failed: igdkmd64sys

:)

BSODHATER1212, Sep 30, 2018

2. Lenovo G50 stuck in boot loop after windows update

Hi,

My computer is Lenovo G50 with windows 10. After my windows updated itself yesterday it got stuck in boot loop. It has a black screen with Lenovo text and error message saying "Install windows. Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows
    on this computer , restart the installation." When pressing OK or X it boots and repeats the text.

I was able to get into windows 10 boot menu by pressing reset button. I tried to start in Safe Mode but then the text changed "Can't install windows in Safe Mode".

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

TaskulamppuFixaaja, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 30, 2018
  4. BSOD : VIDEO TDR ERROR LENOVO g50, no cmd,no safe mode

BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE w/error: atikmpag.sys

Hello, I've been experiencing this BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE w/error: atikmpag.sys 6 days ago. I'm trying to solve the issue but i can't with out your help guys i believe it happened when the windows auto update my laptop. My Laptop is old original OS is
    windows 7 pro and upgraded free to windows 10 by Microsoft.

My Laptop is ASUS B53J

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M560 @ 2.67GHz by GenuineIntel 2660Mhz L2 Cache 256KB 64bit In CPU 1 Socket

8Gb memory

AMDMobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

Chipset: AMD Radeon Graphics Processors (0x68E0) 512MB

I already did try to update the AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series on Safe Mode since i don't have access to normal mode I went to Display adapters at device manager and restart it still the same BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE error:atikmpag.sys shows & try another
    one i go back to safe mode again download the latest driver "non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1" Uninstall AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series but i did not uninstall the Intel(R) HD Graphics & restart & it goes straight to normal mode
    but the graphics of my desktop is look like a basic its like on wide focus resolution so i did install the driver i download the "non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1" and restart it & BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE error:atikmpag.sys shows again.
    So the last i did i went back again to safe mode & go to display adapters i change AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series to Microsoft Basic Display adaptor but i did not change the Intel(R) HD Graphics and restart my laptop and goes straight to normal mode,
    but the video resolution is wide focus its like the enlarge image it shutting down my laptop if i used it on the online games like Age of Empire Casle Siege or open a facebook or youtube looks like the Intel(R) HD Graphics can't handle it. I'm hoping you guys
    help me out on this issue sorry for long details. Thank you

francis_omi, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

BSOD : VIDEO TDR ERROR LENOVO g50, no cmd,no safe mode

1. BSOD : VIDEO TDR ERROR LENOVO g50, no cmd,no safe mode - Similar Threads - BSOD VIDEO TDR

2. BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE with nvlddmkm.sys Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE with nvlddmkm.sys Error: Hi there, I have been having this BSOD issues for a few months now. Almost every time I boot up the PC or wake it from a Sleep it would give me the nvlddmkm.sys error. After 2-3 restart the PC would go on without issues for the whole day. I have updated the BIOS firmware,...
  3. Lenovo G50 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo G50 45: My dads Lenovo G50 45 has been offlined make this thing online until my device will be online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-g50-45/dd9ab5a2-ed4c-470a-9845-59469edcfb6b
  4. Lenovo G50 45

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo G50 45: My dads Lenovo G50 45 has been offlined make this thing online until my device will be online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-g50-45/dd9ab5a2-ed4c-470a-9845-59469edcfb6b
  5. Lenovo G50 45

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD, video tdr error, nvlddmkm.sys missing

BSOD, video tdr error, nvlddmkm.sys missing: Issue started two days ago, BSOD kept showing up every time a video game load in a cinematic cutscene.BSOD reported a video tdr error, where nvlddmkm.sys failed to function.I uninstalled-reinstalled my NVIDIA driver, still unable to fix the issue.I checked the NVIDIA driver...
  7. Video TDR Error

Video TDR Error: Receive this blue screen error earlier, while playing stardew valley. Im using windows 10 my gpu is 1050 ti and updated anyone have the same issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-tdr-error/2164402d-f742-426b-869e-03c80828d974
  8. Video TDR BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video TDR BSOD: Hi all Hoping someone can help. Running windows10 and getting BSOD video tdr failure igdkmd64.sys when i start my computer up and it is connected to a second monitor. We have tried the following to no avail, open to all suggestions! - Added TdrDelay, no change - updated...
  9. Lenovo safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lenovo safe mode: Hi. my laptop is in safe mode.I have read and tried to remedy. Part of that is to type in search box in Start up. When I attempt that, I get black screen. Please advice. Kind regards and appreciation....
  10. Safe Mode CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode CMD: Okay so i downloaded a custom theme from Deviart. When i ran the theme it brought me to a blue screen and please wait like normal. i got an error message that said the application failed so i clicked okay. it brought me back to the login screen at the wrong screen resolution....