Windows 10: BSOD - video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys

Discus and support BSOD - video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I do hope somebody can help. Since Friday 2nd December I started getting the above BSOD. I have worked out it happens if the pc is on idle on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gtrncc, Dec 3, 2016.

1. gtrncc Win User

BSOD - video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys

Hi,

I do hope somebody can help. Since Friday 2nd December I started getting the above BSOD. I have worked out it happens if the pc is on idle on desktop after 4 mins. Screensaver/power saving kicks in after 6 mins and all been fine for ages, win 10 been running for over 6 months. Nothing new installed prior to Friday.

Anyways I do try to fix my own issues so have done:
    Antivirus/spyware scans - nothing found
    No available windows updates
    Ran Furmark (GPU stress test) - ok max temp was 70C
    Ran OCCTPT (General stress test) - memory, cpu etc looks ok
    Ran a hdd test (sorry forgot name) - ok
    Ran SFC /scannow - did not say anything, just ran verification to 100% and disappeared?
    Ran DDU (display driver uninstaller) in safe mode and then installed the most suitable Nvidia driver from a clean install.

Anyways, I am out of ideas and don't know how to read dump files. Please could somebody tell me what the dump files say? I am open to suggestions.

I have not said what the hardware or software is as the dump file is attached. Sorry if I have missed something, I will tell you whatever you want to know.

:)

gtrncc, Dec 3, 2016

2. BSOD video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

More information:

I downloaded an update for the new driver for the GeForce 9800 GT card and thought it had fixed the problem for 2 days but then it started again. It becomes more frequent as time goes on as if it's feeding on itself.

ElizabethEstep, Dec 3, 2016
  3. BSOD video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 3, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID, open it and make screenshots of the following tabs
    • CPU
    • Mainboard
    • Memory
    • SPD*
    • Graphics
    *SPD shows the details of each stick, you can show the details by choosing different slots in the left upper corner.
    Please make screenshots of each stick.

Please post each screenshot in your next reply/replies.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

BSOD - video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys [​IMG]

BSOD - video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys [​IMG]

axe0, Dec 4, 2016
  5. gtrncc Win User
    Thanks for replying and sorry for the lack of spec, please see attached and I have updated my profile on here too. I have manuals etc for the H/w if you want to know something.

gtrncc, Dec 4, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Could you upload the manual of the motherboard please.

How old is the system exactly? I noticed the BIOS dating 2004.
    When was the last time the thermal paste has been replaced?
    Have you checked if the PSU provides enough power?
    What are the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values according to the BIOS?
    When has the PC been cleaned of dust last time?
    Has the cabling been checked?

A lot of questions, likely more will come, when I see a BIOS from around 2010 or earlier the first thing I want to check is the health of the hardware.

axe0, Dec 4, 2016
  7. gtrncc Win User
    Hi, I will answer what I can now and the rest will take some searching...

Could you upload the manual of the motherboard please. - I have a paper version, not sure if I have electronic will check

How old is the system exactly? I noticed the BIOS dating 2004. - BIOS is the latest available, yes system from around that date
    When was the last time the thermal paste has been replaced? - Summer 2016
    Have you checked if the PSU provides enough power? - System has ran with this PSU on and off fine and with similar setup more or less
    What are the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values according to the BIOS? - Will check BIOS for you but in Speedfan - Vcore = 1.56 to 1.58, +12V = 11.67 to 11.61, 3.3V = 2.98V to 2.96, Vcc = 5.01 to 4.99V, 5Vsb = 4.96V All stable from what I see, minor changes to values every 30 secs
    When has the PC been cleaned of dust last time? - Summer 2016 - board was removed from case and ALL cleaned
    Has the cabling been checked? - Sorry I don't quite understand the question. System was built back together in the summer. PC case not moved off my desk since. not checked cables for damage, nor reseated anything yet.

I will come back with BIOS voltages and manual as soon as I can. Really appreciate you helping axe0, I had not really considered internal cables etc. Its just odd to me why it happens only when idle. I can play a game fine!

gtrncc, Dec 4, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

The 3.3v is too low, if the BIOS says the same then there is a chance the PSU needs to be replaced.

Unfortunately this does not answer the question, after some years hardware starts to fail which is why the PSU needs to be checked.

axe0, Dec 5, 2016
  9. gtrncc Win User
    Hi,

Please find attached mainboard manual..

BIOS voltages were:

VCORE = 1.55V
    VIN0 = 3.05V
    VIN1 = 11.36 to 11.18V
    VIN2 = -12.33V
    VCC = 5.04V to 5.07V
    VBAT = 3.08V
    5VSB = 5.02V

Are these any good?

Have you checked if the PSU provides enough power? - Sorry I don't know how I check this. But the PSU label is attached. Any good?

gtrncc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD video tdr

2. BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys: I'm running into an endless loop of bizzare screen flickering and screen resizing and finally ending up in a BSOD and restart. This is happening only when I connect my laptop HDMI port to a new 32" LG monitor NVIDIA G-Sync 32GN63T. This doesn't happen when I connect the HDMI...
  3. BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys: I'm running into an endless loop of bizzare screen flickering and screen resizing and finally ending up in a BSOD and restart. This is happening only when I connect my laptop HDMI port to a new 32" LG monitor NVIDIA G-Sync 32GN63T. This doesn't happen when I connect the HDMI...
  4. BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure: Need help with this driver issue, The device was working well before the hdd died and it is unrecoverable. This code i am not getting anything on it., i found for the igdkmd64.sys but not for the igdkmdn64.sys....
  6. igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure: Need help with this driver issue, The device was working well before the hdd died and it is unrecoverable. This code i am not getting anything on it., i found for the igdkmd64.sys but not for the igdkmdn64.sys....
  7. igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys: Hello! Recently whenever I've been trying to play Valorant, but every time I hop into the game I keep getting the blue screen of death that says Video TDR Failure. It's really quite annoying, and I'm concerned that it means that my computer model is insufficient for my...
  9. video tdr failure igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video tdr failure igdkmd64.sys: Hello! My laptop screen goes black every 5-10 seconds, its performance has drastically reduced ando occasionally i get a blue screen with the error in the title of the question. Disabling the Intel graphics adapter helps, but then i can't play most of my video games due to...
  10. VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I have the minidumps uploaded already they happened today https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvFsnLdTcUreg9cbpExrguEYwaeqyg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/video-tdr-failure-igdkmd64sys/7a765ab1-0ace-4b25-bac4-976c8b789d52