Windows 10: BSOD Video TDR Failure

Discus and support BSOD Video TDR Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to help a friend. She's had Windows 10 (32 bit) for a short time and suddenly, when she clicks on NEW to write a new message in her email,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nikilet, May 23, 2016.

1. Nikilet Win User

BSOD Video TDR Failure

I'm trying to help a friend. She's had Windows 10 (32 bit) for a short time and suddenly, when she clicks on NEW to write a new message in her email, she gets an error called Video TDR Failure. She uses Live.com for her email. She will get the BSOD and then it says "recovering" and then will restart. But when she tries to compose a new email again the same thing happens. This is the only thing that is affected as far as she knows at this point. Everything else that she does on her computer is working.

Does anyone know if there's anything she can do to fix this?

:)

Nikilet, May 23, 2016

2. Getting error message saying "video tdr failure" while opening google earth in Windows 10

Original Title: "video tdr failure"

I have been getting error message saying "video tdr failure" when I open google earth since I've changed to Windows 10. What can I do to fix it

TrudyVeitch, May 23, 2016
  3. suat.cini Win User
    Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

In the past I had video TDR failures rarely and none of them gave me a BSOD. TDR failures recover on their own usually with a message in the system tray. But if frequency of occurrence is high, you may receive a BSOD, I guess.

I suggest you read the following article and do what is recommended in the article for a possible solution.

< TDR failures >

Especially RAM check is important.

I also assume you haven't done any overclocking on your system.

Hope this helps.

EDiT: The final driver version for your card is 382.33 < Nvidia gfx driver > Did you try it ?

There are BIOS updates for your notebook. < Asus K53SM > Have you updated ?

suat.cini, May 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD Video TDR Failure

She probably needs to do a video driver update. Get her to go to the manufacturers website for her graphics card and update her graphics card drivers.

Try looking at this thread to see a similar problem: BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys

philc43, May 23, 2016
Thema:

BSOD Video TDR Failure

1. BSOD Video TDR Failure - Similar Threads - BSOD Video TDR

2. BSOD Video Tdr Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Video Tdr Failure: I cannot open the game "Baldur's Gate 3" with Vulkan. After 67% in the loading screen, it stops for a few seconds and than get a blue screen with the error code VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and what failed being nvlddmkm.sys. I don't get the same problem if I open the game with...
  3. BSOD Video Tdr Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Video Tdr Failure: I cannot open the game "Baldur's Gate 3" with Vulkan. After 67% in the loading screen, it stops for a few seconds and than get a blue screen with the error code VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and what failed being nvlddmkm.sys. I don't get the same problem if I open the game with...
  4. BSOD Video Tdr Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD Video TDR Failure, nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Video TDR Failure, nvlddmkm.sys: Hello,I'm not sure what happened. I was playing Dying Light 2 on my laptop when I suddenly got hit with a BSOD. I didn't take a screenshot of it unfortunately, but I remember it being a Video TDR Failure, nvlddmkm.sys. Ever since then, my laptop is unable to detect my GTX...
  6. BSOD Video TDR Failure, nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Video TDR Failure, nvlddmkm.sys: Hello,I'm not sure what happened. I was playing Dying Light 2 on my laptop when I suddenly got hit with a BSOD. I didn't take a screenshot of it unfortunately, but I remember it being a Video TDR Failure, nvlddmkm.sys. Ever since then, my laptop is unable to detect my GTX...
  7. BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE amdkmdag.sys

BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE amdkmdag.sys: Blue screen happened 4 days ago. The stop code is VIDEO TDR FAILURE and it says that amdkmdag.sys failed . I look it up on the internet and tried to resolve the issue. Update the drivers etc. It did not happened again but I am still worried that it will happen again. I am...
  8. BSOD "video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys"

BSOD "video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys": I've been getting this blue screen for a while now and it's really annoying. Sometimes my screen would flash black and then come back And the BSOD happens often while gaming I have tried reinstalling windows twice Reinstalling Graphics Drivers No luck, anyone has any...
  9. BSOD Video TDR failure atikmpag.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Video TDR failure atikmpag.sys: I'm one month into using my new build: Ryzen 3600, B450 motherboard, gigabyte 5600xt gaming OC. I get BSOD while gaming or browsing the internet. VTDR failure atikmpag.sys. I've tried everything one can find in terms of solutiosn on the internet: clean install of all...
  10. BSOD Video TDR Failure

BSOD Video TDR Failure: I'm having issues about BSOD Video TDR Failure atikmpag.sys I search for possible solution but didn't work for me I have AMD Ryzen 3 2200g with vega 8 graphics. What should I do?...